Re:Catasto Itri 1806

  • Vince
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 30, 2007
      Definitely count me in. The earlier Catasto was
      excellent and the 1809 one would provide a good link
      back from the FHC microfilm that start about that
      time.

      Though photocopies are better than transcription. I
      suspect that the earlier transcription had mistakes in
      it and it frustrating to not be able to check the
      original.

      Combined the members of this group probably have the
      best knowledge of genealogical records for Itri than
      anyone else. I suggest that we make digital copies (I
      could scan them) and ask people to transcribe a number
      of pages - then get others to check the
      transcriptions. That way we could produce an accurate
      transcription for every-one - it does not make sense
      for each of us to transcribe them independently.

    • Joseph Fidaleo
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 2, 2007
        Sounds great. count me in.
        Joe

        To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com
        From: vince_sandrone@...
        Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 12:32:02 +1000
        Subject: [FraDiavolo] Re:Catasto Itri 1806

        Jason
        Definitely count me in. The earlier Catasto was
        excellent and the 1809 one would provide a good link
        back from the FHC microfilm that start about that
        time.

        Though photocopies are better than transcription. I
        suspect that the earlier transcription had mistakes in
        it and it frustrating to not be able to check the
        original.

        Combined the members of this group probably have the
        best knowledge of genealogical records for Itri than
        anyone else. I suggest that we make digital copies (I
        could scan them) and ask people to transcribe a number
        of pages - then get others to check the
        transcriptions. That way we could produce an accurate
        transcription for every-one - it does not make sense
        for each of us to transcribe them independently.

        Vince Sandrone

        Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger .yahoo.com

        Live Search Maps – find all the local information you need, right when you need it. Find it!
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 5, 2007
          Bouno sera! How is everyone? Jason - any news on this project - when
          do we need to send you a check - and we will need your address of
          course! I neglected to mention, I do not mind the original Italian
          also - I have been teaching myself Italian slowly (no formal classes
          near here so study on mine own) and have done extremely well
          considering! Ha! I do better reading than speaking - get embarassed
          at my mostly spanish accent!
          --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "JSoscia" <jsoscia3@...> wrote:

          > Ciao tutti
          >
          > If anyone is interested in the 1806 catasto for Itri, I got someone
          > who will photocopy all the pages in the Napoli Archives for 200 to
          > 300 dollars. She doesn't do the translation, however. She is a
          > professional Italian genealogist. And, it would be cheaper than
          the
          > 1000 euro (abt $1200) for the 1754 Itri catasto that we did.
          >
          > Once again the catasto is basically the census for Itri in the year
          > 1806.
          >
          > If anyone is interested in splitting the cost, let me know.
          >
          > By the way, the previous researcher (the one who did the 1754
          > catasto) also said he might be able to do the 1806 catasto for 1000
          > euro again (with the translation of course and sent as a text
          > document). But for this one it's too expensive unless I get like a
          > bunch of people to split the cost again.
          >
          > Jason

        • Jason S
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007
            Still waiting for the CD of the catasto to arrive.  Should be a few more days.  I'll send another email to let everyone know where to send the check.  Don't worry about that yet.  Congratulations you are learning Italian on your own, that is great!  Ciao, a presto...

            "B. J. Di Crocco" <BonVal@...> wrote:
            Bouno sera! How is everyone? Jason - any news on this project - when
            do we need to send you a check - and we will need your address of
            course! I neglected to mention, I do not mind the original Italian
            also - I have been teaching myself Italian slowly (no formal classes
            near here so study on mine own) and have done extremely well
            considering! Ha! I do better reading than speaking - get embarassed
            at my mostly spanish accent!
            --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "JSoscia" <jsoscia3@.. .> wrote:

            > Ciao tutti
            >
            > If anyone is interested in the 1806 catasto for Itri, I got someone
            > who will photocopy all the pages in the Napoli Archives for 200 to
            > 300 dollars. She doesn't do the translation, however. She is a
            > professional Italian genealogist. And, it would be cheaper than
            the
            > 1000 euro (abt $1200) for the 1754 Itri catasto that we did.
            >
            > Once again the catasto is basically the census for Itri in the year
            > 1806.
            >
            > If anyone is interested in splitting the cost, let me know.
            >
            > By the way, the previous researcher (the one who did the 1754
            > catasto) also said he might be able to do the 1806 catasto for 1000
            > euro again (with the translation of course and sent as a text
            > document). But for this one it's too expensive unless I get like a
            > bunch of people to split the cost again.
            >
            > Jason

            8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007
              Jason....

              If it's not too late please include me in the group willing to share the cost of the 1806 catasto copied from the Napoli Archives.

              I've hit a wall and so am hoping to find information on both my maternal and paternal grandparents, as well as respective relatives.

              Your consideration will be greatly appreciated.

              With thanks,
              Renata

                "B. J. Di Crocco" <BonVal@.... com> wrote:
                Bouno sera! How is everyone? Jason - any news on this project - when
                do we need to send you a check - and we will need your address of
                course! I neglected to mention, I do not mind the original Italian
                also - I have been teaching myself Italian slowly (no formal classes
                near here so study on mine own) and have done extremely well
                considering! Ha! I do better reading than speaking - get embarassed
                at my mostly spanish accent!
                --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "JSoscia" <jsoscia3@.. .> wrote:

                > Ciao tutti
                >
                > If anyone is interested in the 1806 catasto for Itri, I got someone
                > who will photocopy all the pages in the Napoli Archives for 200 to
                > 300 dollars. She doesn't do the translation, however. She is a
                > professional Italian genealogist. And, it would be cheaper than
                the
                > 1000 euro (abt $1200) for the 1754 Itri catasto that we did.
                >
                > Once again the catasto is basically the census for Itri in the year
                > 1806.
                >
                > If anyone is interested in splitting the cost, let me know.
                >
                > By the way, the previous researcher (the one who did the 1754
                > catasto) also said he might be able to do the 1806 catasto for 1000
                > euro again (with the translation of course and sent as a text
                > document). But for this one it's too expensive unless I get like a
                > bunch of people to split the cost again.
                >
                > Jason

                8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

                Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007
                  Hello Jason,

                  I'm grateful and delighted to be allowed to share the cost of the catasto taken from the Napoli Archives.

                  Please let me know when you would like the check (both my address and telephone number are inscribed), and the address to send the check to.

                  Having never known my paternal grandparents, aunts  and cousins, yet having found just a small amount of names from my dad's papers, I'm hopeful that the catasto will provide additional info to continue my search, particularly since both grandmothers came from Formia (small town on the Bay of Naples) and I believe my dad was born in Naples (his father was a naval officer).   Though all are now gone my dream is to one day visit Italy, and meet my cousins.

                  In any event, having the document can't hurt and quite possible help, so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

                  I'll look forward to hearing from you.

                  A BIG thanks!
                  Renata
                  Palm Springs, CA (originally from the New York area)

                  See what's free at AOL.com.
                • Stephen Ruggieri
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007

                    Hey guys,

                    I’m also willing to chip in  as well for the documents. I travel to Italy about twice a year and reconnected with all my cousins in Itri. This will be great !

                    Peace, Light &* Happiness,

                    Stephen Ruggieri

                    Reiki Healer