Re: [FraDiavolo] Re: Catasto Itri 1806

    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 10, 2007
      I am also interested.
      Marie Elena Saccoccio

      louissaccoccio <louissaccoccio@...> wrote:
      -
      I'm also interested. Let me know the amount of the contribution.

      Lou Saccoccio

      -- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "JSoscia" <jsoscia3@.. .> wrote:

      > Ciao tutti
      >
      > If anyone is interested in the 1806 catasto for Itri, I got someone
      > who will photocopy all the pages in the Napoli Archives for 200 to
      > 300 dollars. She doesn't do the translation, however. She is a
      > professional Italian genealogist. And, it would be cheaper than
      the
      > 1000 euro (abt $1200) for the 1754 Itri catasto that we did.
      >
      > Once again the catasto is basically the census for Itri in the year
      > 1806.
      >
      > If anyone is interested in splitting the cost, let me know.
      >
      > By the way, the previous researcher (the one who did the 1754
      > catasto) also said he might be able to do the 1806 catasto for 1000
      > euro again (with the translation of course and sent as a text
      > document). But for this one it's too expensive unless I get like a
      > bunch of people to split the cost again.
      >
      > Jason

      Marie Elena Saccoccio

      Bored stiff? Loosen up...

    • Vince
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 30, 2007
        Definitely count me in. The earlier Catasto was
        excellent and the 1809 one would provide a good link
        back from the FHC microfilm that start about that
        time.

        Though photocopies are better than transcription. I
        suspect that the earlier transcription had mistakes in
        it and it frustrating to not be able to check the
        original.

        Combined the members of this group probably have the
        best knowledge of genealogical records for Itri than
        anyone else. I suggest that we make digital copies (I
        could scan them) and ask people to transcribe a number
        of pages - then get others to check the
        transcriptions. That way we could produce an accurate
        transcription for every-one - it does not make sense
        for each of us to transcribe them independently.

      • Joseph Fidaleo
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 2, 2007
          Sounds great. count me in.
          Joe

          To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com
          From: vince_sandrone@...
          Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 12:32:02 +1000
          Subject: [FraDiavolo] Re:Catasto Itri 1806

          Jason
          Definitely count me in. The earlier Catasto was
          excellent and the 1809 one would provide a good link
          back from the FHC microfilm that start about that
          time.

          Though photocopies are better than transcription. I
          suspect that the earlier transcription had mistakes in
          it and it frustrating to not be able to check the
          original.

          Combined the members of this group probably have the
          best knowledge of genealogical records for Itri than
          anyone else. I suggest that we make digital copies (I
          could scan them) and ask people to transcribe a number
          of pages - then get others to check the
          transcriptions. That way we could produce an accurate
          transcription for every-one - it does not make sense
          for each of us to transcribe them independently.

          Vince Sandrone

          Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger .yahoo.com

          Live Search Maps – find all the local information you need, right when you need it. Find it!
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 5, 2007
            Bouno sera! How is everyone? Jason - any news on this project - when
            do we need to send you a check - and we will need your address of
            course! I neglected to mention, I do not mind the original Italian
            also - I have been teaching myself Italian slowly (no formal classes
            near here so study on mine own) and have done extremely well
            considering! Ha! I do better reading than speaking - get embarassed
            at my mostly spanish accent!
            --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "JSoscia" <jsoscia3@...> wrote:

            > Ciao tutti
            >
            > If anyone is interested in the 1806 catasto for Itri, I got someone
            > who will photocopy all the pages in the Napoli Archives for 200 to
            > 300 dollars. She doesn't do the translation, however. She is a
            > professional Italian genealogist. And, it would be cheaper than
            the
            > 1000 euro (abt $1200) for the 1754 Itri catasto that we did.
            >
            > Once again the catasto is basically the census for Itri in the year
            > 1806.
            >
            > If anyone is interested in splitting the cost, let me know.
            >
            > By the way, the previous researcher (the one who did the 1754
            > catasto) also said he might be able to do the 1806 catasto for 1000
            > euro again (with the translation of course and sent as a text
            > document). But for this one it's too expensive unless I get like a
            > bunch of people to split the cost again.
            >
            > Jason

          • Jason S
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007
              Still waiting for the CD of the catasto to arrive.  Should be a few more days.  I'll send another email to let everyone know where to send the check.  Don't worry about that yet.  Congratulations you are learning Italian on your own, that is great!  Ciao, a presto...

              "B. J. Di Crocco" <BonVal@...> wrote:
              Bouno sera! How is everyone? Jason - any news on this project - when
              do we need to send you a check - and we will need your address of
              course! I neglected to mention, I do not mind the original Italian
              also - I have been teaching myself Italian slowly (no formal classes
              near here so study on mine own) and have done extremely well
              considering! Ha! I do better reading than speaking - get embarassed
              at my mostly spanish accent!
              --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "JSoscia" <jsoscia3@.. .> wrote:

              > Ciao tutti
              >
              > If anyone is interested in the 1806 catasto for Itri, I got someone
              > who will photocopy all the pages in the Napoli Archives for 200 to
              > 300 dollars. She doesn't do the translation, however. She is a
              > professional Italian genealogist. And, it would be cheaper than
              the
              > 1000 euro (abt $1200) for the 1754 Itri catasto that we did.
              >
              > Once again the catasto is basically the census for Itri in the year
              > 1806.
              >
              > If anyone is interested in splitting the cost, let me know.
              >
              > By the way, the previous researcher (the one who did the 1754
              > catasto) also said he might be able to do the 1806 catasto for 1000
              > euro again (with the translation of course and sent as a text
              > document). But for this one it's too expensive unless I get like a
              > bunch of people to split the cost again.
              >
              > Jason

              8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007
                Jason....

                If it's not too late please include me in the group willing to share the cost of the 1806 catasto copied from the Napoli Archives.

                I've hit a wall and so am hoping to find information on both my maternal and paternal grandparents, as well as respective relatives.

                Your consideration will be greatly appreciated.

                With thanks,
                Renata

                  "B. J. Di Crocco" <BonVal@.... com> wrote:
                  Bouno sera! How is everyone? Jason - any news on this project - when
                  do we need to send you a check - and we will need your address of
                  course! I neglected to mention, I do not mind the original Italian
                  also - I have been teaching myself Italian slowly (no formal classes
                  near here so study on mine own) and have done extremely well
                  considering! Ha! I do better reading than speaking - get embarassed
                  at my mostly spanish accent!
                  --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "JSoscia" <jsoscia3@.. .> wrote:

                  > Ciao tutti
                  >
                  > If anyone is interested in the 1806 catasto for Itri, I got someone
                  > who will photocopy all the pages in the Napoli Archives for 200 to
                  > 300 dollars. She doesn't do the translation, however. She is a
                  > professional Italian genealogist. And, it would be cheaper than
                  the
                  > 1000 euro (abt $1200) for the 1754 Itri catasto that we did.
                  >
                  > Once again the catasto is basically the census for Itri in the year
                  > 1806.
                  >
                  > If anyone is interested in splitting the cost, let me know.
                  >
                  > By the way, the previous researcher (the one who did the 1754
                  > catasto) also said he might be able to do the 1806 catasto for 1000
                  > euro again (with the translation of course and sent as a text
                  > document). But for this one it's too expensive unless I get like a
                  > bunch of people to split the cost again.
                  >
                  > Jason

                  8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

                  Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007
                    Hello Jason,

                    I'm grateful and delighted to be allowed to share the cost of the catasto taken from the Napoli Archives.

                    Please let me know when you would like the check (both my address and telephone number are inscribed), and the address to send the check to.

                    Having never known my paternal grandparents, aunts  and cousins, yet having found just a small amount of names from my dad's papers, I'm hopeful that the catasto will provide additional info to continue my search, particularly since both grandmothers came from Formia (small town on the Bay of Naples) and I believe my dad was born in Naples (his father was a naval officer).   Though all are now gone my dream is to one day visit Italy, and meet my cousins.

                    In any event, having the document can't hurt and quite possible help, so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

                    I'll look forward to hearing from you.

                    A BIG thanks!
                    Renata
                    Palm Springs, CA (originally from the New York area)

                    See what's free at AOL.com.
                  • Stephen Ruggieri
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007

                      Hey guys,

                      I’m also willing to chip in  as well for the documents. I travel to Italy about twice a year and reconnected with all my cousins in Itri. This will be great !

                      Peace, Light &* Happiness,

                      Stephen Ruggieri

                      Reiki Healer