Re: [FraDiavolo] Catasto Itri 1806

    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 8, 2007
      I'm In.

      Greg Pezza

      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 8, 2007
        The 1806 Catasto will be very important. Many Itrani's left Itri between 1799 and 1806 because of the war with the French under the command of Napoleon. It ended in 1806. This Catasto was probably done because of Murat who was the Ruler during this time after the defeat of the Bourbons.

      • louissaccoccio
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 9, 2007
          -
          I'm also interested. Let me know the amount of the contribution.

          Lou Saccoccio

          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 10, 2007
            I am also interested.
            Marie Elena Saccoccio

            louissaccoccio <louissaccoccio@...> wrote:
            -
            I'm also interested. Let me know the amount of the contribution.

            Lou Saccoccio

            -- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "JSoscia" <jsoscia3@.. .> wrote:

            > Ciao tutti
            >
            > If anyone is interested in the 1806 catasto for Itri, I got someone
            > who will photocopy all the pages in the Napoli Archives for 200 to
            > 300 dollars. She doesn't do the translation, however. She is a
            > professional Italian genealogist. And, it would be cheaper than
            the
            > 1000 euro (abt $1200) for the 1754 Itri catasto that we did.
            >
            > Once again the catasto is basically the census for Itri in the year
            > 1806.
            >
            > If anyone is interested in splitting the cost, let me know.
            >
            > By the way, the previous researcher (the one who did the 1754
            > catasto) also said he might be able to do the 1806 catasto for 1000
            > euro again (with the translation of course and sent as a text
            > document). But for this one it's too expensive unless I get like a
            > bunch of people to split the cost again.
            >
            > Jason

            Marie Elena Saccoccio

            Bored stiff? Loosen up...

          • Vince
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 30, 2007
              Definitely count me in. The earlier Catasto was
              excellent and the 1809 one would provide a good link
              back from the FHC microfilm that start about that
              time.

              Though photocopies are better than transcription. I
              suspect that the earlier transcription had mistakes in
              it and it frustrating to not be able to check the
              original.

              Combined the members of this group probably have the
              best knowledge of genealogical records for Itri than
              anyone else. I suggest that we make digital copies (I
              could scan them) and ask people to transcribe a number
              of pages - then get others to check the
              transcriptions. That way we could produce an accurate
              transcription for every-one - it does not make sense
              for each of us to transcribe them independently.

            • Joseph Fidaleo
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 2, 2007
                Sounds great. count me in.
                Joe

                To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com
                From: vince_sandrone@...
                Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 12:32:02 +1000
                Subject: [FraDiavolo] Re:Catasto Itri 1806

                Jason
                Definitely count me in. The earlier Catasto was
                excellent and the 1809 one would provide a good link
                back from the FHC microfilm that start about that
                time.

                Though photocopies are better than transcription. I
                suspect that the earlier transcription had mistakes in
                it and it frustrating to not be able to check the
                original.

                Combined the members of this group probably have the
                best knowledge of genealogical records for Itri than
                anyone else. I suggest that we make digital copies (I
                could scan them) and ask people to transcribe a number
                of pages - then get others to check the
                transcriptions. That way we could produce an accurate
                transcription for every-one - it does not make sense
                for each of us to transcribe them independently.

                Vince Sandrone

                Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger .yahoo.com

                Live Search Maps – find all the local information you need, right when you need it. Find it!
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 5, 2007
                  Bouno sera! How is everyone? Jason - any news on this project - when
                  do we need to send you a check - and we will need your address of
                  course! I neglected to mention, I do not mind the original Italian
                  also - I have been teaching myself Italian slowly (no formal classes
                  near here so study on mine own) and have done extremely well
                  considering! Ha! I do better reading than speaking - get embarassed
                  at my mostly spanish accent!
                  --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "JSoscia" <jsoscia3@...> wrote:

                  > Ciao tutti
                  >
                  > If anyone is interested in the 1806 catasto for Itri, I got someone
                  > who will photocopy all the pages in the Napoli Archives for 200 to
                  > 300 dollars. She doesn't do the translation, however. She is a
                  > professional Italian genealogist. And, it would be cheaper than
                  the
                  > 1000 euro (abt $1200) for the 1754 Itri catasto that we did.
                  >
                  > Once again the catasto is basically the census for Itri in the year
                  > 1806.
                  >
                  > If anyone is interested in splitting the cost, let me know.
                  >
                  > By the way, the previous researcher (the one who did the 1754
                  > catasto) also said he might be able to do the 1806 catasto for 1000
                  > euro again (with the translation of course and sent as a text
                  > document). But for this one it's too expensive unless I get like a
                  > bunch of people to split the cost again.
                  >
                  > Jason

                • Jason S
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007
                    Still waiting for the CD of the catasto to arrive.  Should be a few more days.  I'll send another email to let everyone know where to send the check.  Don't worry about that yet.  Congratulations you are learning Italian on your own, that is great!  Ciao, a presto...

                    "B. J. Di Crocco" <BonVal@...> wrote:
                    Bouno sera! How is everyone? Jason - any news on this project - when
                    do we need to send you a check - and we will need your address of
                    course! I neglected to mention, I do not mind the original Italian
                    also - I have been teaching myself Italian slowly (no formal classes
                    near here so study on mine own) and have done extremely well
                    considering! Ha! I do better reading than speaking - get embarassed
                    at my mostly spanish accent!
                    --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "JSoscia" <jsoscia3@.. .> wrote:

                    > Ciao tutti
                    >
                    > If anyone is interested in the 1806 catasto for Itri, I got someone
                    > who will photocopy all the pages in the Napoli Archives for 200 to
                    > 300 dollars. She doesn't do the translation, however. She is a
                    > professional Italian genealogist. And, it would be cheaper than
                    the
                    > 1000 euro (abt $1200) for the 1754 Itri catasto that we did.
                    >
                    > Once again the catasto is basically the census for Itri in the year
                    > 1806.
                    >
                    > If anyone is interested in splitting the cost, let me know.
                    >
                    > By the way, the previous researcher (the one who did the 1754
                    > catasto) also said he might be able to do the 1806 catasto for 1000
                    > euro again (with the translation of course and sent as a text
                    > document). But for this one it's too expensive unless I get like a
                    > bunch of people to split the cost again.
                    >
                    > Jason

                    8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007
                      Jason....

                      If it's not too late please include me in the group willing to share the cost of the 1806 catasto copied from the Napoli Archives.

                      I've hit a wall and so am hoping to find information on both my maternal and paternal grandparents, as well as respective relatives.

                      Your consideration will be greatly appreciated.

                      With thanks,
                      Renata

                        "B. J. Di Crocco" <BonVal@.... com> wrote:
                        Bouno sera! How is everyone? Jason - any news on this project - when
                        do we need to send you a check - and we will need your address of
                        course! I neglected to mention, I do not mind the original Italian
                        also - I have been teaching myself Italian slowly (no formal classes
                        near here so study on mine own) and have done extremely well
                        considering! Ha! I do better reading than speaking - get embarassed
                        at my mostly spanish accent!
                        --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "JSoscia" <jsoscia3@.. .> wrote:

                        > Ciao tutti
                        >
                        > If anyone is interested in the 1806 catasto for Itri, I got someone
                        > who will photocopy all the pages in the Napoli Archives for 200 to
                        > 300 dollars. She doesn't do the translation, however. She is a
                        > professional Italian genealogist. And, it would be cheaper than
                        the
                        > 1000 euro (abt $1200) for the 1754 Itri catasto that we did.
                        >
                        > Once again the catasto is basically the census for Itri in the year
                        > 1806.
                        >
                        > If anyone is interested in splitting the cost, let me know.
                        >
                        > By the way, the previous researcher (the one who did the 1754
                        > catasto) also said he might be able to do the 1806 catasto for 1000
                        > euro again (with the translation of course and sent as a text
                        > document). But for this one it's too expensive unless I get like a
                        > bunch of people to split the cost again.
                        >
                        > Jason

                        8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

                        Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007
                          Hello Jason,

                          I'm grateful and delighted to be allowed to share the cost of the catasto taken from the Napoli Archives.

                          Please let me know when you would like the check (both my address and telephone number are inscribed), and the address to send the check to.

                          Having never known my paternal grandparents, aunts  and cousins, yet having found just a small amount of names from my dad's papers, I'm hopeful that the catasto will provide additional info to continue my search, particularly since both grandmothers came from Formia (small town on the Bay of Naples) and I believe my dad was born in Naples (his father was a naval officer).   Though all are now gone my dream is to one day visit Italy, and meet my cousins.

                          In any event, having the document can't hurt and quite possible help, so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

                          I'll look forward to hearing from you.

                          A BIG thanks!
                          Renata
                          Palm Springs, CA (originally from the New York area)

                          See what's free at AOL.com.
                        • Stephen Ruggieri
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 6, 2007

                            Hey guys,

                            I’m also willing to chip in  as well for the documents. I travel to Italy about twice a year and reconnected with all my cousins in Itri. This will be great !

                            Peace, Light &* Happiness,

                            Stephen Ruggieri

                            Reiki Healer