RE: [FraDiavolo] Re: Just joined the group!

    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007

      Lou,

      My mother Elenor (Pezza) Livoli, is a daughter of Euleria Pezza that my cousin Gregory Pezza explains below.  Paul and David Pezza are our first cousins, whose father, August Pezza, was a son of Euleria Pezza.  Since you went to St. Mary’s School with Ray Pezza’s older brother Antonio, you may have gone to school with David and Paul’s sister, Beatrice (Pezza) Flynn.

      Joe Pezza is Greg’s father, another son of Euleria Pezza.  Rounding out the siblings are Mike Pezza and the late Maria (Simone) Pezza.  Don’t forget, Pietro Paolo Pezza was our grandfather.  A male figure was needed in the equation.

      Our grandfather’s brother (I think Francesco) was the figure head in the Pezza family that started the Park Ave. Cement Block Co.  Jack Pezza was his son.  Jack Pezza was the father of Raymond Pezza (attorney), Antonio Pezza (President of Park Ave. Cement Block) and Joseph Pezza (orthodontist).  Lou, how can you not remember Tony Pezza?  Truly, unforgettable and one of a kind!!!!  LOL

      Domenic Livoli

      Upton, MA

      Message 2 of 26 , May 15, 2007
        Gregory....

        In the process of looking/rereading the group for a specific message, I've just noticed that your friend Leo's father is from Formia -- that would be where my uncle 'Tony' Petrone came from.  Upon arriveing in America, he first in upstate NY (Redhook) then later moved to the Queens, New York area where the family remained till he passed away.  His wife's maiden name was 'Jennie' Ciccone - they had four daughters and 2 sons.

        Jennie Ciccone and my grandmother, Elvira Ciccone (both also from Formia) were sisters.

        I'm wondering if Leo's father (Antonio Petrone) and my uncle (Anthony Petrone) could be cousins.  Also, it's VERY possible that either or, or both the Danbury, CT & Brooklyn, NY Ciccones are connected to my Queens, NY relatives....I was born in Brooklyn and we often spent summers at a lake just 20 minutes from Danbury, CT.

        Any info will be greatly appreciated.

        Many Thanks,
        Renata Pezzella Young