Re: Just joined the group!

  • louissaccoccio
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
      His real name was also Louis Saccoccio and we used to get mixied up
      with each other. His nickname was "Jacksie" and he was a firefighter
      for the City of Cranston for a while. His brothers were Carl
      Saccoccio and I believe Alex Saccoccio who I remember by his
      nickname "Alie" or "Alie-Upe>" He also had a sister named Carol
      Saccoccio.

      --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, marie saccoccio <saccocciom@...>
      wrote:

      > The names Frank and Tony are familiar. There was also someone
      named "Jackson" Saccoccio that my sister and I stayed with, I think
      in Providence. I think his daughter was Stephanie and wife, Josie.
      I do think we are related. My grandfather had many first cousins in
      Providence and Cranston.

      > louissaccoccio <louissaccoccio@...> wrote: We could be. My
      grandfather was Michele Arcangelo Saccoccio and my
      > grandmother Arcangela Stamegna which is also a popular name in
      Itri.
      > They were both born in Itri, married in 1911 and immigrated to
      > Cranston (Knightsville) Rhode Island in 1912. They had 10 children
      > Philip, Romulas aka Remus, Frank, Anthony, Mary, Louis, Adeline,
      > Pasquale, Salvatore and John. My father was Louis and my uncle John
      > is the only living survivor of the group. My cousin developed a
      > family tree with the help of my father's cousin Benedetto Saccoccio
      > who is now in his 80's but has returned to Itri many times. I would
      > be happy to share it with anyone.
      >
      > I met a young man on-line named Rubino Saccoccio who lives in Lucca
      > which is in Tuscany near Pisa but his parents still live in Itri. I
      > shared the family tree with him and he recently wrote to me saying
      > his mother and uncle have recognized some of the names. We are
      > trying to determine if we are related. My wife and I were their
      > guests for dinner when we were there. Homemade Sunday dinner at the
      > Saccoccio's was great.
      >
      > One last note. You can drive around the Castle but inside the
      Castle
      > there are lanes or alleys which are too narrow to be called steets.
      > One is Vico Saccoccio which means Saccoccio lane or alley.
      >
      > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "marie elena saccoccio"
      > <saccocciom@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Louis,
      > >
      > > We must be related! I am Marie Elena Saccoccio from Cambridge,
      > MA. My
      > > grandfather was Guiseppi Saccoccio, born in Itri, and settled in
      > > Cambridge. I think he only had one brother who remained in Italy.
      > > However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
      > > Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island
      > cousins.
      > >
      > > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "louissaccoccio"
      > > <louissaccoccio@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
      > > > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have
      > not
      > > > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every
      > piaza,
      > > > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
      > > Grottone
      > > > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not
      > been
      > > > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled
      > > the
      > > > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is
      > > > beautiful seaside resort area.

      > Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

    • louissaccoccio
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
        There are also many Pezza's (from Knightsvile) in Cranston, Rhode
        Island. I grew up with neighborhood friends Paul Pezza and his
        brother David Pezza. I also went grammer school "St Mary's School"
        in Cranston, Rhode Island with a Raymond Pezza and his older brother
        whose name I cannot remember.

        --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, gcpezza@... wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > There are many Ciccone's in Rhode Island. My Grandmother Euleria
        Pezza was a
        > Ciccone. My Uncle Barry Ciccone and Aunt Irma (Ciccone) Delbove are
        from Itri
        > and settled in Cranston, Rhode Island. As for Petrone's. I will
        call my
        > friend Leo Petrone also from Cranston. His father is Antonio
        Petrone from Formia.
        > In fact that is his license plate. On a sad note, Luigi DelBove,
        my Aunt
        > Irma's son, passed away this week at the age of 39. He and I were
        working on our
        > Ciccone side.
        >
        > There is a Ciccone connection in Danbury, CT. and Brooklyn, NY.
        >
        > Talk to you later,
        >
        > Gregory Pezza
        > <BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now
        offers free
        > email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at
        > http://www.aol.com

      • louissaccoccio
        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
          We stayed in Formia on our first trip to Italy. It was in a
          beautiful hotel on the Mediteranean Sea. Formia is a lovely town
          and if you have never been there you must go!

          --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, DestinyLad@... wrote:

          > Louis..
          >
          > I'm fairly certain that those of the Ciccone and Petrone families
          of Formia settled in the New York area as the name 'Itri' was never
          mentioned by either maternal grandparent, whereas, Formia was always
          heard. Also, from what has appeared on our news group, it does seem
          like the Ciccone family from Itri settled in the Rhode Island area.

          > Not only am I related to the Formia Ciccone and Petrone families,
          but also the Orlandi family of Formia which my paternal grandmother,
          Maria Louisa Orlandi, belonged to. Maria married a naval officer
          from either Naples or Rome, by the name of Pasquale Pezzella, my
          paternal grandfather. Their son Mario was my father.

          > So,iIf you're ever 'digging' around in Formia and, if by some
          chance you happen to remember those names, or hear any mention of
          those families, I will be forever grateful to be advised of your
          findings.

          > A BIG thanks for responding to my message. Your offer of
          assistance is kind, generous and very much appreciated.

          > My Best..
          > Renata Pezzella Young

          __

          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
            I know the name Alex.  I will ask my aunt, Anita Saccoccio Palomba.  She remembers them all.

            wrote:

> [...]
            > > However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
            > > Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island
            > cousins.
            > >
            > > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "louissaccoccio"
            > > <louissaccoccio@ > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
            > > > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have
            > not
            > > > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every
            > piaza,
            > > > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
            > > Grottone
            > > > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not
            > been
            > > > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled
            > > the
            > > > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is

            Marie Elena Saccoccio

            Get your own web address.

            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
              Hi,

              Paul and David Pezza are my first cousins along with their sister Beatrice. Thier mother, my Aunt Ann (Annuziata) just celebrated her 90th birthday. Raymond, Joseph, Jack, Antonio and Ann are our 2nd Cousin. Their father Jack (Giochino) was first cousin to my father and my Uncle August who was Paul, David and Bea's father. We all grew up in Knightsville. If you grew up with Paul and David then you must be around my brother Frank (Francis) and Peter's age. But we spent time in South America where I was born. We all went to St. Mary's.

              Greg Pezza

              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007

                Lou,

                My mother Elenor (Pezza) Livoli, is a daughter of Euleria Pezza that my cousin Gregory Pezza explains below.  Paul and David Pezza are our first cousins, whose father, August Pezza, was a son of Euleria Pezza.  Since you went to St. Mary’s School with Ray Pezza’s older brother Antonio, you may have gone to school with David and Paul’s sister, Beatrice (Pezza) Flynn.

                Joe Pezza is Greg’s father, another son of Euleria Pezza.  Rounding out the siblings are Mike Pezza and the late Maria (Simone) Pezza.  Don’t forget, Pietro Paolo Pezza was our grandfather.  A male figure was needed in the equation.

                Our grandfather’s brother (I think Francesco) was the figure head in the Pezza family that started the Park Ave. Cement Block Co.  Jack Pezza was his son.  Jack Pezza was the father of Raymond Pezza (attorney), Antonio Pezza (President of Park Ave. Cement Block) and Joseph Pezza (orthodontist).  Lou, how can you not remember Tony Pezza?  Truly, unforgettable and one of a kind!!!!  LOL

                Domenic Livoli

                Upton, MA

                Message 7 of 26 , May 15 11:52 AM
                  Gregory....

                  In the process of looking/rereading the group for a specific message, I've just noticed that your friend Leo's father is from Formia -- that would be where my uncle 'Tony' Petrone came from.  Upon arriveing in America, he first in upstate NY (Redhook) then later moved to the Queens, New York area where the family remained till he passed away.  His wife's maiden name was 'Jennie' Ciccone - they had four daughters and 2 sons.

                  Jennie Ciccone and my grandmother, Elvira Ciccone (both also from Formia) were sisters.

                  I'm wondering if Leo's father (Antonio Petrone) and my uncle (Anthony Petrone) could be cousins.  Also, it's VERY possible that either or, or both the Danbury, CT & Brooklyn, NY Ciccones are connected to my Queens, NY relatives....I was born in Brooklyn and we often spent summers at a lake just 20 minutes from Danbury, CT.

                  Any info will be greatly appreciated.

                  Many Thanks,
                  Renata Pezzella Young