Re: Just joined the group!

  • louissaccoccio
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 27, 2007
      I will look this up for you. However, I have a friend who is married
      to a Marie Ciccone and my Italian language instructor is young woman
      named Daniella Ciccone who still has family in Itri. Her aunt and
      uncle run a market in Itri called Peppino's which I visited. She has
      another uncle that runs an insurance agency in Itri. I will pass this
      information to both of them. Sorry for the confusing e-mail address
      but my name is Louis Saccoccio, not Louisa.

      --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, DestinyLad@... wrote:

      > Hello...
      >
      > My grandmother (in spirit now) came to America with sisters, at
      about 16 years of age. She was of the Ciccone family from Formia.

      > Do you have any information on: My grandmother: Elvira Ciccone
      Parisi. (married to Louis Parisi)
      > Her sister's name (my mother's aunt & my great aunt): Jennie
      Ciccone Petrone. (married to Anthony Petrone)

      > Thank you,
      > Renata Pezzella Young
      > DestinyLad@...

      __
      across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 28, 2007
        The names Frank and Tony are familiar. There was also someone named "Jackson" Saccoccio that my sister and I stayed with, I think in Providence.  I think his daughter was Stephanie and wife, Josie.  I do think we are related.  My grandfather had many first cousins in Providence and Cranston.

        louissaccoccio <louissaccoccio@...> wrote:
        We could be. My grandfather was Michele Arcangelo Saccoccio and my
        grandmother Arcangela Stamegna which is also a popular name in Itri.
        They were both born in Itri, married in 1911 and immigrated to
        Cranston (Knightsville) Rhode Island in 1912. They had 10 children
        Philip, Romulas aka Remus, Frank, Anthony, Mary, Louis, Adeline,
        Pasquale, Salvatore and John. My father was Louis and my uncle John
        is the only living survivor of the group. My cousin developed a
        family tree with the help of my father's cousin Benedetto Saccoccio
        who is now in his 80's but has returned to Itri many times. I would
        be happy to share it with anyone.

        I met a young man on-line named Rubino Saccoccio who lives in Lucca
        which is in Tuscany near Pisa but his parents still live in Itri. I
        shared the family tree with him and he recently wrote to me saying
        his mother and uncle have recognized some of the names. We are
        trying to determine if we are related. My wife and I were their
        guests for dinner when we were there. Homemade Sunday dinner at the
        Saccoccio's was great.

        One last note. You can drive around the Castle but inside the Castle
        there are lanes or alleys which are too narrow to be called steets.
        One is Vico Saccoccio which means Saccoccio lane or alley.

        --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "marie elena saccoccio"
        <saccocciom@ ...> wrote:

        > Louis,
        >
        > We must be related! I am Marie Elena Saccoccio from Cambridge,
        MA. My
        > grandfather was Guiseppi Saccoccio, born in Itri, and settled in
        > Cambridge. I think he only had one brother who remained in Italy.
        > However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
        > Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island
        cousins.

        > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "louissaccoccio"
        > <louissaccoccio@ > wrote:
        > >
        > > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
        > > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have
        not
        > > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every
        piaza,
        > > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
        > Grottone
        > > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not
        been
        > > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled
        > the
        > > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is a
        > > beautiful seaside resort area.

        Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 28, 2007
          Louis..

          I'm fairly certain that those of the Ciccone and Petrone families of Formia settled in the New York area as the name 'Itri' was never mentioned by either maternal grandparent, whereas, Formia was always heard.  Also, from what has appeared on our news group, it does seem like the Ciccone family from Itri settled in the Rhode Island area.

          Not only am I related to the Formia Ciccone and Petrone families, but also the Orlandi family of Formia which my paternal grandmother, Maria Louisa Orlandi, belonged to.  Maria married a naval officer from either Naples or Rome, by the name of Pasquale Pezzella, my paternal grandfather.  Their son Mario was my father.

          So,iIf you're ever 'digging' around in Formia and, if by some chance you happen to remember those names, or hear any mention of those families, I will be forever grateful to be advised of your findings.

          A BIG thanks for responding to my message.  Your offer of assistance is kind, generous and  very much appreciated.

          My Best..
          Renata Pezzella Young

          --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, DestinyLad@... wrote: > > Hello... > > My grandmother (in spirit now) came to America with sisters, at about 16 years of age. She was of the Ciccone family from Formia. > > Do you have any information on: My grandmother: Elvira Ciccone Parisi. (married to Louis Parisi) > Her sister's name (my mother's aunt & my great aunt): Jennie Ciccone Petrone. (married to Anthony Petrone) > > Thank you, > Renata Pezzella Young > DestinyLad@... > > > -----Original Message----- > From: gcpezza@... > To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com > Sent: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 9:06 AM > Subject: Re: [FraDiavolo] Re: Just joined the group! > > > Joe, > > Do you have a Domenica Capatosto married to Giochinno Pezza about 1840? > > Greg Pezza > > Pezza, Ciccone, Meschino, Del Bove, Capatosto > > > > > > AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com. > ______________________________________________________________________ __ > Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more. > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/IZ7plB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FraDiavolo/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FraDiavolo/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:FraDiavolo-digest@yahoogroups.com mailto:FraDiavolo-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: FraDiavolo-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 28, 2007
            Hi,

            There are many Ciccone's in Rhode Island. My Grandmother Euleria Pezza was a Ciccone. My Uncle Barry Ciccone and Aunt Irma (Ciccone) Delbove are from Itri and settled in Cranston, Rhode Island. As for Petrone's. I will call my friend Leo Petrone also from Cranston. His father is Antonio Petrone from Formia. In fact that is his license plate. On a sad note, Luigi DelBove, my Aunt Irma's son, passed away this week at the age of 39. He and I were working on our Ciccone side.

            There is a Ciccone connection in Danbury, CT. and Brooklyn, NY.

            Talk to you later,

            Gregory Pezza

          • Jason S
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 28, 2007
              Hi Greg,

              Sorry about your cousin, I saw it in the paper on Tuesday.  Luigi and I corresponded once by email about the del Boves as my grandfather's cousin married his uncle in Toronto.

              About the Chiara Pezza I emailed you about, she was my great great great grandmother and married Costanzo Paliotto in Itri.  I was wondering if you were related to her.  Her parents were Francesc'Antonio Pezza and Celeste Manzo.

              Jason

              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 28, 2007
                Hi all! My husband Val is from Itri - we live in FLorida - having
                moved from Cranston! Family still are there - cousins - Parrillo's --
                but most of the DiCrocco branch are all still in Itri - we visit
                every year - and as I mentioned before to the group, we have tons of
                photos of old and new Itri -- and surrounding area - also many photos
                of the gravestones of Itri and Campodemele! I am actively working on
                the family research and have several generations now back to late
                1700's in a few instances! Saccoccio is in there somewhere as is
                Ciccone, Sinape, and many others - Val was friends with a Tony Del
                Bove. Anyway if I can help anyone with names and photos, let me know!
                --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, marie saccoccio <saccocciom@...>
                wrote:

> [...]
                > > However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
                > > Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island
                > cousins.
                > >
                > > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "louissaccoccio"
                > > <louissaccoccio@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
                > > > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have
                > not
                > > > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every
                > piaza,
                > > > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
                > > Grottone
                > > > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not
                > been
                > > > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled
                > > the
                > > > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is

              • louissaccoccio
                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                  His real name was also Louis Saccoccio and we used to get mixied up
                  with each other. His nickname was "Jacksie" and he was a firefighter
                  for the City of Cranston for a while. His brothers were Carl
                  Saccoccio and I believe Alex Saccoccio who I remember by his
                  nickname "Alie" or "Alie-Upe>" He also had a sister named Carol
                  Saccoccio.

                  wrote:

> [...]
                  > > However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
                  > > Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island
                  > cousins.
                  > >
                  > > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "louissaccoccio"
                  > > <louissaccoccio@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
                  > > > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have
                  > not
                  > > > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every
                  > piaza,
                  > > > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
                  > > Grottone
                  > > > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not
                  > been
                  > > > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled
                  > > the
                  > > > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is

                • louissaccoccio
                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                    There are also many Pezza's (from Knightsvile) in Cranston, Rhode
                    Island. I grew up with neighborhood friends Paul Pezza and his
                    brother David Pezza. I also went grammer school "St Mary's School"
                    in Cranston, Rhode Island with a Raymond Pezza and his older brother
                    whose name I cannot remember.

                    --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, gcpezza@... wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > There are many Ciccone's in Rhode Island. My Grandmother Euleria
                    Pezza was a
                    > Ciccone. My Uncle Barry Ciccone and Aunt Irma (Ciccone) Delbove are
                    from Itri
                    > and settled in Cranston, Rhode Island. As for Petrone's. I will
                    call my
                    > friend Leo Petrone also from Cranston. His father is Antonio
                    Petrone from Formia.
                    > In fact that is his license plate. On a sad note, Luigi DelBove,
                    my Aunt
                    > Irma's son, passed away this week at the age of 39. He and I were
                    working on our
                    > Ciccone side.
                    >
                    > There is a Ciccone connection in Danbury, CT. and Brooklyn, NY.
                    >
                    > Talk to you later,
                    >
                    > Gregory Pezza
                    > <BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now
                    offers free
                    > email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at
                    > http://www.aol.com

                  • louissaccoccio
                    Message 9 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                      We stayed in Formia on our first trip to Italy. It was in a
                      beautiful hotel on the Mediteranean Sea. Formia is a lovely town
                      and if you have never been there you must go!

                      Message 10 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                        I know the name Alex.  I will ask my aunt, Anita Saccoccio Palomba.  She remembers them all.

                        wrote:

> [...]
                        > > However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
                        > > Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island
                        > cousins.
                        > >
                        > > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "louissaccoccio"
                        > > <louissaccoccio@ > wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
                        > > > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have
                        > not
                        > > > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every
                        > piaza,
                        > > > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
                        > > Grottone
                        > > > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not
                        > been
                        > > > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled
                        > > the
                        > > > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is

                        Marie Elena Saccoccio

                        Get your own web address.

                        Message 11 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                          Hi,

                          Paul and David Pezza are my first cousins along with their sister Beatrice. Thier mother, my Aunt Ann (Annuziata) just celebrated her 90th birthday. Raymond, Joseph, Jack, Antonio and Ann are our 2nd Cousin. Their father Jack (Giochino) was first cousin to my father and my Uncle August who was Paul, David and Bea's father. We all grew up in Knightsville. If you grew up with Paul and David then you must be around my brother Frank (Francis) and Peter's age. But we spent time in South America where I was born. We all went to St. Mary's.

                          Greg Pezza

                          Message 12 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007

                            Lou,

                            My mother Elenor (Pezza) Livoli, is a daughter of Euleria Pezza that my cousin Gregory Pezza explains below.  Paul and David Pezza are our first cousins, whose father, August Pezza, was a son of Euleria Pezza.  Since you went to St. Mary’s School with Ray Pezza’s older brother Antonio, you may have gone to school with David and Paul’s sister, Beatrice (Pezza) Flynn.

                            Joe Pezza is Greg’s father, another son of Euleria Pezza.  Rounding out the siblings are Mike Pezza and the late Maria (Simone) Pezza.  Don’t forget, Pietro Paolo Pezza was our grandfather.  A male figure was needed in the equation.

                            Our grandfather’s brother (I think Francesco) was the figure head in the Pezza family that started the Park Ave. Cement Block Co.  Jack Pezza was his son.  Jack Pezza was the father of Raymond Pezza (attorney), Antonio Pezza (President of Park Ave. Cement Block) and Joseph Pezza (orthodontist).  Lou, how can you not remember Tony Pezza?  Truly, unforgettable and one of a kind!!!!  LOL

                            Domenic Livoli

                            Upton, MA

                            Message 13 of 26 , May 15, 2007
                              Gregory....

                              In the process of looking/rereading the group for a specific message, I've just noticed that your friend Leo's father is from Formia -- that would be where my uncle 'Tony' Petrone came from.  Upon arriveing in America, he first in upstate NY (Redhook) then later moved to the Queens, New York area where the family remained till he passed away.  His wife's maiden name was 'Jennie' Ciccone - they had four daughters and 2 sons.

                              Jennie Ciccone and my grandmother, Elvira Ciccone (both also from Formia) were sisters.

                              I'm wondering if Leo's father (Antonio Petrone) and my uncle (Anthony Petrone) could be cousins.  Also, it's VERY possible that either or, or both the Danbury, CT & Brooklyn, NY Ciccones are connected to my Queens, NY relatives....I was born in Brooklyn and we often spent summers at a lake just 20 minutes from Danbury, CT.

                              Any info will be greatly appreciated.

                              Many Thanks,
                              Renata Pezzella Young