Re: [FraDiavolo] Re: Just joined the group!

  • PAUL SHAPCOTT
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 25, 2007
      Hi Linda,

      We very recently joined this group too !!!

      We are an English family who have left the UK to make a new life in Italy , in ITRI to be precise.

      We came to this area on holiday several years ago, and fell in love with the place.  It is a really beautiful area.

      We have a new website which shows where we live, and has lots of info on the surrounding area

      It seems that a lot of Itri families settled in Rhode Island in the USA.
      Was there a specific Italian Community there, ie a "Little Italy"?

      My Italian grandparents came from Atina, Frosinone and moved to London in 1911.  They lived in a "Little Italy" in the Clerkenwell district.

      You can contact me directly at ph.shapcott@...

      Hoping to hear from you.

      Very best wishes

      Louise and Paul Shapcott

      miyukichan0987 <miyukichan0987@...> wrote:

      Welcome, glad you've found us. I hope to travel to Itri someday if I
      ever learn enough Italian. San Guiseppe sounds like a wonderful time
      to go.

      If you are within driving distance of the FHC in RI you will be happy
      to know that thanks to Jason Socia of this group, all of the FHL films
      for Itri with the exception of the processetti are on indefinite loan
      there. And I am working on getting all the processetti for Itri. At
      present there are the processetti for 1819 - 1824, 1823 - 1829 and
      1845 - 1850 at the RI FHC.

      Let the group know who your families are. itir was a small place, so
      you will probably find a "cousin" or two here.

      Linda

      Hunting FORNARO, DI VONA, CANNELLA, CARDI, DE LUCA, SOSCIA, GIARDINO,
      SINAPI, SOPRANO, SIMONELLI, STRAVATO, PETRELLA, CAPOTOSTO, DI BIASE,
      CAPOBIANCO, MANZO, ASSANJANTE and FARGIORGIO in Itri and ROSATO &
      BRAVO from Pastena.

      --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "louissaccoccio"
      <louissaccoccio@ ...> wrote:

      > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
      > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have not
      > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every piaza,
      > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il Grottone
      > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not been
      > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled to the
      > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is a
      > beautiful seaside resort area.

      Inbox full of unwanted email? Get leading protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail.

    • PAUL SHAPCOTT
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 25, 2007
        Hi there,

        We very recently joined this group too !!!

        We are an English family who have left the UK to make a new life in Italy , in ITRI to be precise.

        We came to this area on holiday several years ago, and fell in love with the place.  It is a really beautiful area.

        We have a new website which shows where we live, and has lots of info on the surrounding area

        It seems that a lot of Itri families settled in Rhode Island in the USA .
        Was there a specific Italian Community there, ie a "Little Italy"?

        My Italian grandparents came from Atina, Frosinone and moved to London in 1911.  They lived in a "Little Italy" in the Clerkenwell district.

        You can contact me directly at ph.shapcott@...

        Hoping to hear from you.

        Very best wishes

        Louise and Paul Shapcott

        marie elena saccoccio <saccocciom@...> wrote:
        Louis,

        We must be related! I am Marie Elena Saccoccio from Cambridge, MA. My
        grandfather was Guiseppi Saccoccio, born in Itri, and settled in
        Cambridge. I think he only had one brother who remained in Italy.
        However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
        Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island cousins.

        <louissaccoccio@ ...> wrote:

        > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
        > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have not
        > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every piaza,
        > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
        Grottone
        > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not been
        > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled to
        the
        > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is a
        > beautiful seaside resort area.

      • louissaccoccio
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 25, 2007
          We could be. My grandfather was Michele Arcangelo Saccoccio and my
          grandmother Arcangela Stamegna which is also a popular name in Itri.
          They were both born in Itri, married in 1911 and immigrated to
          Cranston (Knightsville) Rhode Island in 1912. They had 10 children
          Philip, Romulas aka Remus, Frank, Anthony, Mary, Louis, Adeline,
          Pasquale, Salvatore and John. My father was Louis and my uncle John
          is the only living survivor of the group. My cousin developed a
          family tree with the help of my father's cousin Benedetto Saccoccio
          who is now in his 80's but has returned to Itri many times. I would
          be happy to share it with anyone.

          I met a young man on-line named Rubino Saccoccio who lives in Lucca
          which is in Tuscany near Pisa but his parents still live in Itri. I
          shared the family tree with him and he recently wrote to me saying
          his mother and uncle have recognized some of the names. We are
          trying to determine if we are related. My wife and I were their
          guests for dinner when we were there. Homemade Sunday dinner at the
          Saccoccio's was great.

          One last note. You can drive around the Castle but inside the Castle
          there are lanes or alleys which are too narrow to be called steets.
          One is Vico Saccoccio which means Saccoccio lane or alley.

          --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "marie elena saccoccio"
          <saccocciom@...> wrote:

          > Louis,
          >
          > We must be related! I am Marie Elena Saccoccio from Cambridge,
          MA. My
          > grandfather was Guiseppi Saccoccio, born in Itri, and settled in
          > Cambridge. I think he only had one brother who remained in Italy.
          > However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
          > Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island
          cousins.

          > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "louissaccoccio"
          > <louissaccoccio@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
          > > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have
          not
          > > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every
          piaza,
          > > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
          > Grottone
          > > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not
          been
          > > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled
          > the
          > > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is a
          > > beautiful seaside resort area.

        • Joseph Fidaleo
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 26, 2007
            Hello,
            The following (not much) is all I could find:
            Francesco Pezza married to Domenica Capotosto had a  daughter Maria Pezza who was married to Francesco DeFabritis.
            I found a Chiara Pezza married to Andrea DelBove and they had a son Benedetto born 12/21/1839.

            Take care,
            joe

            To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com
            From: jsoscia3@...
            Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:00:48 -0800
            Subject: Re: [FraDiavolo] Re: Just joined the group!

            Greg,

            Along the same lines, do you have a Chiara Pezza in your database?

            Jason

            gcpezza@aol. com wrote:
            Joe,

            Do you have a Domenica Capatosto married to Giochinno Pezza about 1840?

            Greg Pezza

            Pezza, Ciccone, Meschino, Del Bove, Capatosto

            Get your own web address.

            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 26, 2007
              Hello...

              My grandmother (in spirit now) came to America with sisters, at about 16 years of age.  She was of the Ciccone family from Formia.

              Do you have any information on:  My grandmother:  Elvira Ciccone Parisi.  (married to Louis Parisi)
              Her sister's name (my mother's aunt & my great aunt):  Jennie Ciccone Petrone.  (married to Anthony Petrone)

              Thank you,
              Renata Pezzella Young

              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 27, 2007
                Yes, in the city of Cranston, Rhode Island there is a village called
                Knightsville which is about the size of Itri and is where most of the
                Itranos that immigrated to Rhode Island in the early 20th century
                settled. My grandparents were among them. We visited the cemetary
                while in Itri and reading the names on the gravestones was like
                reading the names in the telephone directory in Knightsville - they
                were the same, Saccoccio, Maggiacomo, Cardi, Mancini, Ruggieri,
                Ialongo, Sinapi, Ciccone, Capircio, etc. etc. The church in
                Knightsville is St Mary's church and the big feast celebrated each
                July 21 is the "Madonna Della Civita." The Madonna is carried on the
                shoulders of men who are members of the Madonna Della Civita Society
                for the procession through the streets of Knightsville. Many of
                these men and their families are more recent immigrants to America
                and often return to Itri. In Itri there is an establishment
                called "Bar Appia" owned and operated by the Sinapi brothers who
                lived in Knightsville for 25 years before returning to Itri. They
                speak fluent English and are aa definite contact for those who have
                never been to Itri. There is also a "Cafe Itri" in Knightsville
                which well known in Rhode Island for its fine food.

                Last year more than 75 members of my family from as far as
                Pennsylvania returned for the celebration

                --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, PAUL SHAPCOTT <ph.shapcott@...>
                wrote:

                > Hi there,
                >
                > We very recently joined this group too !!!
                >
                > We are an English family who have left the UK to make a new life
                in Italy, in ITRI to be precise.

                > We came to this area on holiday several years ago, and fell in
                love with the place. It is a really beautiful area.

                > We have a new website which shows where we live, and has lots of
                info on the surrounding area

                > at http://trecancelle.shapcott-family.com
                >
                > It seems that a lot of Itri families settled in Rhode Island in
                the USA.
                > Was there a specific Italian Community there, ie a "Little Italy"?
                >
                > My Italian grandparents came from Atina, Frosinone and moved to
                London in 1911. They lived in a "Little Italy" in the Clerkenwell
                district.

                > You can contact me directly at ph.shapcott@...
                >
                > Hoping to hear from you.
                >
                > Very best wishes
                >
                > Louise and Paul Shapcott
                >

                > marie elena saccoccio <saccocciom@...> wrote: Louis,
                >
                > We must be related! I am Marie Elena Saccoccio from Cambridge, MA.
                My
                > grandfather was Guiseppi Saccoccio, born in Itri, and settled in
                > Cambridge. I think he only had one brother who remained in Italy.
                > However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
                > Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island cousins.
                >
                > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "louissaccoccio"
                > <louissaccoccio@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
                > > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have not
                > > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every
                piaza,
                > > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
                > Grottone
                > > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not
                been
                > > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled to
                > the
                > > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is a
                > > beautiful seaside resort area.
                > >

                > ---------------------------------
                > To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all
                new Yahoo! Security Centre.

              • louissaccoccio
                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 27, 2007
                  I will look this up for you. However, I have a friend who is married
                  to a Marie Ciccone and my Italian language instructor is young woman
                  named Daniella Ciccone who still has family in Itri. Her aunt and
                  uncle run a market in Itri called Peppino's which I visited. She has
                  another uncle that runs an insurance agency in Itri. I will pass this
                  information to both of them. Sorry for the confusing e-mail address
                  but my name is Louis Saccoccio, not Louisa.

                  --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, DestinyLad@... wrote:

                  > Hello...
                  >
                  > My grandmother (in spirit now) came to America with sisters, at
                  about 16 years of age. She was of the Ciccone family from Formia.

                  > Do you have any information on: My grandmother: Elvira Ciccone
                  Parisi. (married to Louis Parisi)
                  > Her sister's name (my mother's aunt & my great aunt): Jennie
                  Ciccone Petrone. (married to Anthony Petrone)

                  > Thank you,
                  > Renata Pezzella Young
                  > DestinyLad@...

                  __
                  across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

                  Message 8 of 26 , Feb 28, 2007
                    The names Frank and Tony are familiar. There was also someone named "Jackson" Saccoccio that my sister and I stayed with, I think in Providence.  I think his daughter was Stephanie and wife, Josie.  I do think we are related.  My grandfather had many first cousins in Providence and Cranston.

                    <saccocciom@ ...> wrote:

                    > Louis,
                    >
                    > We must be related! I am Marie Elena Saccoccio from Cambridge,
                    MA. My
                    > grandfather was Guiseppi Saccoccio, born in Itri, and settled in
                    > Cambridge. I think he only had one brother who remained in Italy.
                    > However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
                    > Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island
                    cousins.

                    > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "louissaccoccio"
                    > <louissaccoccio@ > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
                    > > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have
                    not
                    > > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every
                    piaza,
                    > > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
                    > Grottone
                    > > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not
                    been
                    > > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled
                    > the
                    > > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is a
                    > > beautiful seaside resort area.

                    Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                    Message 9 of 26 , Feb 28, 2007
                      Louis..

                      I'm fairly certain that those of the Ciccone and Petrone families of Formia settled in the New York area as the name 'Itri' was never mentioned by either maternal grandparent, whereas, Formia was always heard.  Also, from what has appeared on our news group, it does seem like the Ciccone family from Itri settled in the Rhode Island area.

                      Not only am I related to the Formia Ciccone and Petrone families, but also the Orlandi family of Formia which my paternal grandmother, Maria Louisa Orlandi, belonged to.  Maria married a naval officer from either Naples or Rome, by the name of Pasquale Pezzella, my paternal grandfather.  Their son Mario was my father.

                      So,iIf you're ever 'digging' around in Formia and, if by some chance you happen to remember those names, or hear any mention of those families, I will be forever grateful to be advised of your findings.

                      A BIG thanks for responding to my message.  Your offer of assistance is kind, generous and  very much appreciated.

                      My Best..
                      Renata Pezzella Young

                      --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, DestinyLad@... wrote: > > Hello... > > My grandmother (in spirit now) came to America with sisters, at about 16 years of age. She was of the Ciccone family from Formia. > > Do you have any information on: My grandmother: Elvira Ciccone Parisi. (married to Louis Parisi) > Her sister's name (my mother's aunt & my great aunt): Jennie Ciccone Petrone. (married to Anthony Petrone) > > Thank you, > Renata Pezzella Young > DestinyLad@... > > > -----Original Message----- > From: gcpezza@... > To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com > Sent: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 9:06 AM > Subject: Re: [FraDiavolo] Re: Just joined the group! > > > Joe, > > Do you have a Domenica Capatosto married to Giochinno Pezza about 1840? > > Greg Pezza > > Pezza, Ciccone, Meschino, Del Bove, Capatosto > > > > > > AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com. > ______________________________________________________________________ __ > Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more. > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/IZ7plB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FraDiavolo/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FraDiavolo/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:FraDiavolo-digest@yahoogroups.com mailto:FraDiavolo-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: FraDiavolo-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      Message 10 of 26 , Feb 28, 2007
                        Hi,

                        There are many Ciccone's in Rhode Island. My Grandmother Euleria Pezza was a Ciccone. My Uncle Barry Ciccone and Aunt Irma (Ciccone) Delbove are from Itri and settled in Cranston, Rhode Island. As for Petrone's. I will call my friend Leo Petrone also from Cranston. His father is Antonio Petrone from Formia. In fact that is his license plate. On a sad note, Luigi DelBove, my Aunt Irma's son, passed away this week at the age of 39. He and I were working on our Ciccone side.

                        There is a Ciccone connection in Danbury, CT. and Brooklyn, NY.

                        Talk to you later,

                        Gregory Pezza

                      • Jason S
                        Message 11 of 26 , Feb 28, 2007
                          Hi Greg,

                          Sorry about your cousin, I saw it in the paper on Tuesday.  Luigi and I corresponded once by email about the del Boves as my grandfather's cousin married his uncle in Toronto.

                          About the Chiara Pezza I emailed you about, she was my great great great grandmother and married Costanzo Paliotto in Itri.  I was wondering if you were related to her.  Her parents were Francesc'Antonio Pezza and Celeste Manzo.

                          Jason

                          Message 12 of 26 , Feb 28, 2007
                            Hi all! My husband Val is from Itri - we live in FLorida - having
                            moved from Cranston! Family still are there - cousins - Parrillo's --
                            but most of the DiCrocco branch are all still in Itri - we visit
                            every year - and as I mentioned before to the group, we have tons of
                            photos of old and new Itri -- and surrounding area - also many photos
                            of the gravestones of Itri and Campodemele! I am actively working on
                            the family research and have several generations now back to late
                            1700's in a few instances! Saccoccio is in there somewhere as is
                            Ciccone, Sinape, and many others - Val was friends with a Tony Del
                            Bove. Anyway if I can help anyone with names and photos, let me know!
                            --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, marie saccoccio <saccocciom@...>
                            wrote:

> [...]
                            > > However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
                            > > Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island
                            > cousins.
                            > >
                            > > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "louissaccoccio"
                            > > <louissaccoccio@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
                            > > > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have
                            > not
                            > > > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every
                            > piaza,
                            > > > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
                            > > Grottone
                            > > > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not
                            > been
                            > > > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled
                            > > the
                            > > > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is

                          • louissaccoccio
                            Message 13 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                              His real name was also Louis Saccoccio and we used to get mixied up
                              with each other. His nickname was "Jacksie" and he was a firefighter
                              for the City of Cranston for a while. His brothers were Carl
                              Saccoccio and I believe Alex Saccoccio who I remember by his
                              nickname "Alie" or "Alie-Upe>" He also had a sister named Carol
                              Saccoccio.

                              wrote:

> [...]
                              > > However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
                              > > Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island
                              > cousins.
                              > >
                              > > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "louissaccoccio"
                              > > <louissaccoccio@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
                              > > > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have
                              > not
                              > > > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every
                              > piaza,
                              > > > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
                              > > Grottone
                              > > > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not
                              > been
                              > > > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled
                              > > the
                              > > > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is

                            • louissaccoccio
                              Message 14 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                                There are also many Pezza's (from Knightsvile) in Cranston, Rhode
                                Island. I grew up with neighborhood friends Paul Pezza and his
                                brother David Pezza. I also went grammer school "St Mary's School"
                                in Cranston, Rhode Island with a Raymond Pezza and his older brother
                                whose name I cannot remember.

                                --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, gcpezza@... wrote:

                                > Hi,
                                >
                                > There are many Ciccone's in Rhode Island. My Grandmother Euleria
                                Pezza was a
                                > Ciccone. My Uncle Barry Ciccone and Aunt Irma (Ciccone) Delbove are
                                from Itri
                                > and settled in Cranston, Rhode Island. As for Petrone's. I will
                                call my
                                > friend Leo Petrone also from Cranston. His father is Antonio
                                Petrone from Formia.
                                > In fact that is his license plate. On a sad note, Luigi DelBove,
                                my Aunt
                                > Irma's son, passed away this week at the age of 39. He and I were
                                working on our
                                > Ciccone side.
                                >
                                > There is a Ciccone connection in Danbury, CT. and Brooklyn, NY.
                                >
                                > Talk to you later,
                                >
                                > Gregory Pezza
                                > <BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now
                                offers free
                                > email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at
                                > http://www.aol.com

                              • louissaccoccio
                                Message 15 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                                  We stayed in Formia on our first trip to Italy. It was in a
                                  beautiful hotel on the Mediteranean Sea. Formia is a lovely town
                                  and if you have never been there you must go!

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                                    I know the name Alex.  I will ask my aunt, Anita Saccoccio Palomba.  She remembers them all.

                                    wrote:

> [...]
                                    > > However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
                                    > > Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island
                                    > cousins.
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "louissaccoccio"
                                    > > <louissaccoccio@ > wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
                                    > > > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have
                                    > not
                                    > > > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every
                                    > piaza,
                                    > > > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
                                    > > Grottone
                                    > > > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not
                                    > been
                                    > > > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled
                                    > > the
                                    > > > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is

                                    Marie Elena Saccoccio

                                    Get your own web address.

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                                      Hi,

                                      Paul and David Pezza are my first cousins along with their sister Beatrice. Thier mother, my Aunt Ann (Annuziata) just celebrated her 90th birthday. Raymond, Joseph, Jack, Antonio and Ann are our 2nd Cousin. Their father Jack (Giochino) was first cousin to my father and my Uncle August who was Paul, David and Bea's father. We all grew up in Knightsville. If you grew up with Paul and David then you must be around my brother Frank (Francis) and Peter's age. But we spent time in South America where I was born. We all went to St. Mary's.

                                      Greg Pezza

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007

                                        Lou,

                                        My mother Elenor (Pezza) Livoli, is a daughter of Euleria Pezza that my cousin Gregory Pezza explains below.  Paul and David Pezza are our first cousins, whose father, August Pezza, was a son of Euleria Pezza.  Since you went to St. Mary’s School with Ray Pezza’s older brother Antonio, you may have gone to school with David and Paul’s sister, Beatrice (Pezza) Flynn.

                                        Joe Pezza is Greg’s father, another son of Euleria Pezza.  Rounding out the siblings are Mike Pezza and the late Maria (Simone) Pezza.  Don’t forget, Pietro Paolo Pezza was our grandfather.  A male figure was needed in the equation.

                                        Our grandfather’s brother (I think Francesco) was the figure head in the Pezza family that started the Park Ave. Cement Block Co.  Jack Pezza was his son.  Jack Pezza was the father of Raymond Pezza (attorney), Antonio Pezza (President of Park Ave. Cement Block) and Joseph Pezza (orthodontist).  Lou, how can you not remember Tony Pezza?  Truly, unforgettable and one of a kind!!!!  LOL

                                        Domenic Livoli

                                        Upton, MA

                                        Message 19 of 26 , May 15, 2007
                                          Gregory....

                                          In the process of looking/rereading the group for a specific message, I've just noticed that your friend Leo's father is from Formia -- that would be where my uncle 'Tony' Petrone came from.  Upon arriveing in America, he first in upstate NY (Redhook) then later moved to the Queens, New York area where the family remained till he passed away.  His wife's maiden name was 'Jennie' Ciccone - they had four daughters and 2 sons.

                                          Jennie Ciccone and my grandmother, Elvira Ciccone (both also from Formia) were sisters.

                                          I'm wondering if Leo's father (Antonio Petrone) and my uncle (Anthony Petrone) could be cousins.  Also, it's VERY possible that either or, or both the Danbury, CT & Brooklyn, NY Ciccones are connected to my Queens, NY relatives....I was born in Brooklyn and we often spent summers at a lake just 20 minutes from Danbury, CT.

                                          Any info will be greatly appreciated.

                                          Many Thanks,
                                          Renata Pezzella Young