Just joined the group!

  • louissaccoccio
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 24, 2007
      I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
      Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have not
      been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every piaza,
      along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il Grottone
      hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not been
      there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled to the
      surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is a
      beautiful seaside resort area.
    • miyukichan0987
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 24, 2007
        Welcome, glad you've found us. I hope to travel to Itri someday if I
        ever learn enough Italian. San Guiseppe sounds like a wonderful time
        to go.

        If you are within driving distance of the FHC in RI you will be happy
        to know that thanks to Jason Socia of this group, all of the FHL films
        for Itri with the exception of the processetti are on indefinite loan
        there. And I am working on getting all the processetti for Itri. At
        present there are the processetti for 1819 - 1824, 1823 - 1829 and
        1845 - 1850 at the RI FHC.

        Let the group know who your families are. itir was a small place, so
        you will probably find a "cousin" or two here.

        Linda

        Hunting FORNARO, DI VONA, CANNELLA, CARDI, DE LUCA, SOSCIA, GIARDINO,
        SINAPI, SOPRANO, SIMONELLI, STRAVATO, PETRELLA, CAPOTOSTO, DI BIASE,
        CAPOBIANCO, MANZO, ASSANJANTE and FARGIORGIO in Itri and ROSATO &
        BRAVO from Pastena.

        --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "louissaccoccio"
        <louissaccoccio@...> wrote:

        > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
        > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have not
        > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every piaza,
        > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il Grottone
        > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not been
        > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled to the
        > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is a
        > beautiful seaside resort area.

      • marie elena saccoccio
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 24, 2007
          Louis,

          We must be related! I am Marie Elena Saccoccio from Cambridge, MA. My
          grandfather was Guiseppi Saccoccio, born in Itri, and settled in
          Cambridge. I think he only had one brother who remained in Italy.
          However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
          Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island cousins.

          <louissaccoccio@...> wrote:

          > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
          > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have not
          > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every piaza,
          > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
          Grottone
          > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not been
          > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled to
          the
          > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is a
          > beautiful seaside resort area.

        • paul462815
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 24, 2007
            Hi Louisa,

            I'm a Louisa too !!!

            We very recently joined this group too !!!

            We are an English family who have left the UK to make a new life in
            Italy, in ITRI to be precise.
            We came to this area on holiday several years ago, and fell in love
            with the place.

            We have a new website which shows where we live, and has lots of info
            on the surrounding area

            at http://trecancelle.shapcott-family.com

            You can contact me directly at ph.shapcott@...

            Hoping to hear from you.

            Very best wishes

            Louise and Paul Shapcott

            <louissaccoccio@...> wrote:

            > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
            > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have not
            > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every piaza,
            > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
            Grottone
            > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not been
            > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled to
            the
            > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is a
            > beautiful seaside resort area.

          • PAUL SHAPCOTT
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 25, 2007
              Hi Linda,

              We very recently joined this group too !!!

              We are an English family who have left the UK to make a new life in Italy , in ITRI to be precise.

              We came to this area on holiday several years ago, and fell in love with the place.  It is a really beautiful area.

              We have a new website which shows where we live, and has lots of info on the surrounding area

              It seems that a lot of Itri families settled in Rhode Island in the USA.
              Was there a specific Italian Community there, ie a "Little Italy"?

              My Italian grandparents came from Atina, Frosinone and moved to London in 1911.  They lived in a "Little Italy" in the Clerkenwell district.

              <louissaccoccio@ ...> wrote:

              > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
              > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have not
              > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every piaza,
              > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il Grottone
              > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not been
              > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled to the
              > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is a
              > beautiful seaside resort area.

              Inbox full of unwanted email? Get leading protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail.

            • PAUL SHAPCOTT
              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 25, 2007
                Hi there,

                <louissaccoccio@ ...> wrote:

                > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
                > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have not
                > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every piaza,
                > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
                Grottone
                > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not been
                > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled to
                the
                > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is a
                > beautiful seaside resort area.

              • Joseph Fidaleo
                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 25, 2007
                  Hello,
                  My wife is a Sinapi/Capotosto; My mother was a DiBiase. I had a decent tree on all of them.
                  Joe

                  To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com
                  From: miyukichan0987@...
                  Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 02:20:46 +0000
                  Subject: [FraDiavolo] Re: Just joined the group!

                  Message 8 of 26 , Feb 25, 2007
                    We could be. My grandfather was Michele Arcangelo Saccoccio and my
                    grandmother Arcangela Stamegna which is also a popular name in Itri.
                    They were both born in Itri, married in 1911 and immigrated to
                    Cranston (Knightsville) Rhode Island in 1912. They had 10 children
                    Philip, Romulas aka Remus, Frank, Anthony, Mary, Louis, Adeline,
                    Pasquale, Salvatore and John. My father was Louis and my uncle John
                    is the only living survivor of the group. My cousin developed a
                    family tree with the help of my father's cousin Benedetto Saccoccio
                    who is now in his 80's but has returned to Itri many times. I would
                    be happy to share it with anyone.

                    I met a young man on-line named Rubino Saccoccio who lives in Lucca
                    which is in Tuscany near Pisa but his parents still live in Itri. I
                    shared the family tree with him and he recently wrote to me saying
                    his mother and uncle have recognized some of the names. We are
                    trying to determine if we are related. My wife and I were their
                    guests for dinner when we were there. Homemade Sunday dinner at the
                    Saccoccio's was great.

                    One last note. You can drive around the Castle but inside the Castle
                    there are lanes or alleys which are too narrow to be called steets.
                    One is Vico Saccoccio which means Saccoccio lane or alley.

                    --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "marie elena saccoccio"

                    Message 9 of 26 , Feb 25, 2007
                      Joe,

                      Do you have a Domenica Capatosto married to Giochinno Pezza about 1840?

                      Greg Pezza

                      Pezza, Ciccone, Meschino, Del Bove, Capatosto

                    • Jason S
                      Message 10 of 26 , Feb 25, 2007
                        Greg,

                        Along the same lines, do you have a Chiara Pezza in your database?

                        Jason

                        gcpezza@... wrote:
                        Joe,

                        Do you have a Domenica Capatosto married to Giochinno Pezza about 1840?

                        Greg Pezza

                        Pezza, Ciccone, Meschino, Del Bove, Capatosto

                        Get your own web address.

                      • Joseph Fidaleo
                        Message 11 of 26 , Feb 26, 2007
                          Hello,
                          The following (not much) is all I could find:
                          Francesco Pezza married to Domenica Capotosto had a  daughter Maria Pezza who was married to Francesco DeFabritis.
                          I found a Chiara Pezza married to Andrea DelBove and they had a son Benedetto born 12/21/1839.

                          Take care,
                          joe

                          To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 26 , Feb 26, 2007
                            Hello...

                            My grandmother (in spirit now) came to America with sisters, at about 16 years of age.  She was of the Ciccone family from Formia.

                            Do you have any information on:  My grandmother:  Elvira Ciccone Parisi.  (married to Louis Parisi)
                            Her sister's name (my mother's aunt & my great aunt):  Jennie Ciccone Petrone.  (married to Anthony Petrone)

                            Thank you,
                            Renata Pezzella Young

                            Message 13 of 26 , Feb 27, 2007
                              Yes, in the city of Cranston, Rhode Island there is a village called
                              Knightsville which is about the size of Itri and is where most of the
                              Itranos that immigrated to Rhode Island in the early 20th century
                              settled. My grandparents were among them. We visited the cemetary
                              while in Itri and reading the names on the gravestones was like
                              reading the names in the telephone directory in Knightsville - they
                              were the same, Saccoccio, Maggiacomo, Cardi, Mancini, Ruggieri,
                              Ialongo, Sinapi, Ciccone, Capircio, etc. etc. The church in
                              Knightsville is St Mary's church and the big feast celebrated each
                              July 21 is the "Madonna Della Civita." The Madonna is carried on the
                              shoulders of men who are members of the Madonna Della Civita Society
                              for the procession through the streets of Knightsville. Many of
                              these men and their families are more recent immigrants to America
                              and often return to Itri. In Itri there is an establishment
                              called "Bar Appia" owned and operated by the Sinapi brothers who
                              lived in Knightsville for 25 years before returning to Itri. They
                              speak fluent English and are aa definite contact for those who have
                              never been to Itri. There is also a "Cafe Itri" in Knightsville
                              which well known in Rhode Island for its fine food.

                              Last year more than 75 members of my family from as far as
                              Pennsylvania returned for the celebration

                              --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, PAUL SHAPCOTT <ph.shapcott@...>
                              wrote:

                              > Hi there,
                              >
                              > We very recently joined this group too !!!
                              >
                              > We are an English family who have left the UK to make a new life
                              in Italy, in ITRI to be precise.

                              > We came to this area on holiday several years ago, and fell in
                              love with the place. It is a really beautiful area.

                              > We have a new website which shows where we live, and has lots of
                              info on the surrounding area

                              > at http://trecancelle.shapcott-family.com
                              >
                              > It seems that a lot of Itri families settled in Rhode Island in
                              the USA.
                              > Was there a specific Italian Community there, ie a "Little Italy"?
                              >
                              > My Italian grandparents came from Atina, Frosinone and moved to
                              London in 1911. They lived in a "Little Italy" in the Clerkenwell
                              district.

                              > You can contact me directly at ph.shapcott@...
                              >
                              > Hoping to hear from you.
                              >
                              > Very best wishes
                              >
                              > Louise and Paul Shapcott
                              >

                              > marie elena saccoccio <saccocciom@...> wrote: Louis,
                              >
                              > We must be related! I am Marie Elena Saccoccio from Cambridge, MA.
                              My
                              > grandfather was Guiseppi Saccoccio, born in Itri, and settled in
                              > Cambridge. I think he only had one brother who remained in Italy.
                              > However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
                              > Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island cousins.
                              >
                              > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "louissaccoccio"
                              > <louissaccoccio@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
                              > > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have not
                              > > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every
                              piaza,
                              > > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
                              > Grottone
                              > > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not
                              been
                              > > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled to
                              > the
                              > > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is a
                              > > beautiful seaside resort area.
                              > >

                              > ---------------------------------
                              > To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all
                              new Yahoo! Security Centre.

                            • louissaccoccio
                              Message 14 of 26 , Feb 27, 2007
                                I will look this up for you. However, I have a friend who is married
                                to a Marie Ciccone and my Italian language instructor is young woman
                                named Daniella Ciccone who still has family in Itri. Her aunt and
                                uncle run a market in Itri called Peppino's which I visited. She has
                                another uncle that runs an insurance agency in Itri. I will pass this
                                information to both of them. Sorry for the confusing e-mail address
                                but my name is Louis Saccoccio, not Louisa.

                                --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, DestinyLad@... wrote:

                                > Hello...
                                >
                                > My grandmother (in spirit now) came to America with sisters, at
                                about 16 years of age. She was of the Ciccone family from Formia.

                                > Do you have any information on: My grandmother: Elvira Ciccone
                                Parisi. (married to Louis Parisi)
                                > Her sister's name (my mother's aunt & my great aunt): Jennie
                                Ciccone Petrone. (married to Anthony Petrone)

                                > Thank you,
                                > Renata Pezzella Young
                                > DestinyLad@...

                                __
                                across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

                                Message 15 of 26 , Feb 28, 2007
                                  The names Frank and Tony are familiar. There was also someone named "Jackson" Saccoccio that my sister and I stayed with, I think in Providence.  I think his daughter was Stephanie and wife, Josie.  I do think we are related.  My grandfather had many first cousins in Providence and Cranston.

                                  <saccocciom@ ...> wrote:

                                  > Louis,
                                  >
                                  > We must be related! I am Marie Elena Saccoccio from Cambridge,
                                  MA. My
                                  > grandfather was Guiseppi Saccoccio, born in Itri, and settled in
                                  > Cambridge. I think he only had one brother who remained in Italy.
                                  > However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
                                  > Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island
                                  cousins.

                                  > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "louissaccoccio"
                                  > <louissaccoccio@ > wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
                                  > > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have
                                  not
                                  > > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every
                                  piaza,
                                  > > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
                                  > Grottone
                                  > > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not
                                  been
                                  > > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled
                                  > the
                                  > > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is a
                                  > > beautiful seaside resort area.

                                  Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Feb 28, 2007
                                    Louis..

                                    I'm fairly certain that those of the Ciccone and Petrone families of Formia settled in the New York area as the name 'Itri' was never mentioned by either maternal grandparent, whereas, Formia was always heard.  Also, from what has appeared on our news group, it does seem like the Ciccone family from Itri settled in the Rhode Island area.

                                    Not only am I related to the Formia Ciccone and Petrone families, but also the Orlandi family of Formia which my paternal grandmother, Maria Louisa Orlandi, belonged to.  Maria married a naval officer from either Naples or Rome, by the name of Pasquale Pezzella, my paternal grandfather.  Their son Mario was my father.

                                    So,iIf you're ever 'digging' around in Formia and, if by some chance you happen to remember those names, or hear any mention of those families, I will be forever grateful to be advised of your findings.

                                    A BIG thanks for responding to my message.  Your offer of assistance is kind, generous and  very much appreciated.

                                    My Best..
                                    Renata Pezzella Young

                                    --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, DestinyLad@... wrote: > > Hello... > > My grandmother (in spirit now) came to America with sisters, at about 16 years of age. She was of the Ciccone family from Formia. > > Do you have any information on: My grandmother: Elvira Ciccone Parisi. (married to Louis Parisi) > Her sister's name (my mother's aunt & my great aunt): Jennie Ciccone Petrone. (married to Anthony Petrone) > > Thank you, > Renata Pezzella Young > DestinyLad@... > > > -----Original Message----- > From: gcpezza@... > To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com > Sent: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 9:06 AM > Subject: Re: [FraDiavolo] Re: Just joined the group! > > > Joe, > > Do you have a Domenica Capatosto married to Giochinno Pezza about 1840? > > Greg Pezza > > Pezza, Ciccone, Meschino, Del Bove, Capatosto > > > > > > AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com. > ______________________________________________________________________ __ > Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more. > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/IZ7plB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FraDiavolo/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FraDiavolo/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:FraDiavolo-digest@yahoogroups.com mailto:FraDiavolo-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: FraDiavolo-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Feb 28, 2007
                                      Hi,

                                      There are many Ciccone's in Rhode Island. My Grandmother Euleria Pezza was a Ciccone. My Uncle Barry Ciccone and Aunt Irma (Ciccone) Delbove are from Itri and settled in Cranston, Rhode Island. As for Petrone's. I will call my friend Leo Petrone also from Cranston. His father is Antonio Petrone from Formia. In fact that is his license plate. On a sad note, Luigi DelBove, my Aunt Irma's son, passed away this week at the age of 39. He and I were working on our Ciccone side.

                                      There is a Ciccone connection in Danbury, CT. and Brooklyn, NY.

                                      Talk to you later,

                                      Gregory Pezza

                                    • Jason S
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Feb 28, 2007
                                        Hi Greg,

                                        Sorry about your cousin, I saw it in the paper on Tuesday.  Luigi and I corresponded once by email about the del Boves as my grandfather's cousin married his uncle in Toronto.

                                        About the Chiara Pezza I emailed you about, she was my great great great grandmother and married Costanzo Paliotto in Itri.  I was wondering if you were related to her.  Her parents were Francesc'Antonio Pezza and Celeste Manzo.

                                        Jason

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Feb 28, 2007
                                          Hi all! My husband Val is from Itri - we live in FLorida - having
                                          moved from Cranston! Family still are there - cousins - Parrillo's --
                                          but most of the DiCrocco branch are all still in Itri - we visit
                                          every year - and as I mentioned before to the group, we have tons of
                                          photos of old and new Itri -- and surrounding area - also many photos
                                          of the gravestones of Itri and Campodemele! I am actively working on
                                          the family research and have several generations now back to late
                                          1700's in a few instances! Saccoccio is in there somewhere as is
                                          Ciccone, Sinape, and many others - Val was friends with a Tony Del
                                          Bove. Anyway if I can help anyone with names and photos, let me know!
                                          --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, marie saccoccio <saccocciom@...>
                                          wrote:

> [...]
                                          > > However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
                                          > > Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island
                                          > cousins.
                                          > >
                                          > > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "louissaccoccio"
                                          > > <louissaccoccio@> wrote:
                                          > > >
                                          > > > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
                                          > > > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have
                                          > not
                                          > > > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every
                                          > piaza,
                                          > > > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
                                          > > Grottone
                                          > > > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not
                                          > been
                                          > > > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled
                                          > > the
                                          > > > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is

                                        • louissaccoccio
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                                            His real name was also Louis Saccoccio and we used to get mixied up
                                            with each other. His nickname was "Jacksie" and he was a firefighter
                                            for the City of Cranston for a while. His brothers were Carl
                                            Saccoccio and I believe Alex Saccoccio who I remember by his
                                            nickname "Alie" or "Alie-Upe>" He also had a sister named Carol
                                            Saccoccio.

                                            wrote:

> [...]
                                            > > However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
                                            > > Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island
                                            > cousins.
                                            > >
                                            > > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "louissaccoccio"
                                            > > <louissaccoccio@> wrote:
                                            > > >
                                            > > > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
                                            > > > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have
                                            > not
                                            > > > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every
                                            > piaza,
                                            > > > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
                                            > > Grottone
                                            > > > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not
                                            > been
                                            > > > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled
                                            > > the
                                            > > > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is

                                          • louissaccoccio
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                                              There are also many Pezza's (from Knightsvile) in Cranston, Rhode
                                              Island. I grew up with neighborhood friends Paul Pezza and his
                                              brother David Pezza. I also went grammer school "St Mary's School"
                                              in Cranston, Rhode Island with a Raymond Pezza and his older brother
                                              whose name I cannot remember.

                                              --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, gcpezza@... wrote:

                                              > Hi,
                                              >
                                              > There are many Ciccone's in Rhode Island. My Grandmother Euleria
                                              Pezza was a
                                              > Ciccone. My Uncle Barry Ciccone and Aunt Irma (Ciccone) Delbove are
                                              from Itri
                                              > and settled in Cranston, Rhode Island. As for Petrone's. I will
                                              call my
                                              > friend Leo Petrone also from Cranston. His father is Antonio
                                              Petrone from Formia.
                                              > In fact that is his license plate. On a sad note, Luigi DelBove,
                                              my Aunt
                                              > Irma's son, passed away this week at the age of 39. He and I were
                                              working on our
                                              > Ciccone side.
                                              >
                                              > There is a Ciccone connection in Danbury, CT. and Brooklyn, NY.
                                              >
                                              > Talk to you later,
                                              >
                                              > Gregory Pezza
                                              > <BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now
                                              offers free
                                              > email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at
                                              > http://www.aol.com

                                            • louissaccoccio
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                                                We stayed in Formia on our first trip to Italy. It was in a
                                                beautiful hotel on the Mediteranean Sea. Formia is a lovely town
                                                and if you have never been there you must go!

                                                Message 23 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                                                  I know the name Alex.  I will ask my aunt, Anita Saccoccio Palomba.  She remembers them all.

                                                  wrote:

> [...]
                                                  > > However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
                                                  > > Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island
                                                  > cousins.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com, "louissaccoccio"
                                                  > > <louissaccoccio@ > wrote:
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
                                                  > > > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have
                                                  > not
                                                  > > > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every
                                                  > piaza,
                                                  > > > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
                                                  > > Grottone
                                                  > > > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not
                                                  > been
                                                  > > > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled
                                                  > > the
                                                  > > > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is

                                                  Marie Elena Saccoccio

                                                  Get your own web address.

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                                                    Hi,

                                                    Paul and David Pezza are my first cousins along with their sister Beatrice. Thier mother, my Aunt Ann (Annuziata) just celebrated her 90th birthday. Raymond, Joseph, Jack, Antonio and Ann are our 2nd Cousin. Their father Jack (Giochino) was first cousin to my father and my Uncle August who was Paul, David and Bea's father. We all grew up in Knightsville. If you grew up with Paul and David then you must be around my brother Frank (Francis) and Peter's age. But we spent time in South America where I was born. We all went to St. Mary's.

                                                    Greg Pezza

                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007

                                                      Lou,

                                                      My mother Elenor (Pezza) Livoli, is a daughter of Euleria Pezza that my cousin Gregory Pezza explains below.  Paul and David Pezza are our first cousins, whose father, August Pezza, was a son of Euleria Pezza.  Since you went to St. Mary’s School with Ray Pezza’s older brother Antonio, you may have gone to school with David and Paul’s sister, Beatrice (Pezza) Flynn.

                                                      Joe Pezza is Greg’s father, another son of Euleria Pezza.  Rounding out the siblings are Mike Pezza and the late Maria (Simone) Pezza.  Don’t forget, Pietro Paolo Pezza was our grandfather.  A male figure was needed in the equation.

                                                      Our grandfather’s brother (I think Francesco) was the figure head in the Pezza family that started the Park Ave. Cement Block Co.  Jack Pezza was his son.  Jack Pezza was the father of Raymond Pezza (attorney), Antonio Pezza (President of Park Ave. Cement Block) and Joseph Pezza (orthodontist).  Lou, how can you not remember Tony Pezza?  Truly, unforgettable and one of a kind!!!!  LOL

                                                      Domenic Livoli

                                                      Upton, MA

                                                      Message 26 of 26 , May 15, 2007
                                                        Gregory....

                                                        In the process of looking/rereading the group for a specific message, I've just noticed that your friend Leo's father is from Formia -- that would be where my uncle 'Tony' Petrone came from.  Upon arriveing in America, he first in upstate NY (Redhook) then later moved to the Queens, New York area where the family remained till he passed away.  His wife's maiden name was 'Jennie' Ciccone - they had four daughters and 2 sons.

                                                        Jennie Ciccone and my grandmother, Elvira Ciccone (both also from Formia) were sisters.

                                                        I'm wondering if Leo's father (Antonio Petrone) and my uncle (Anthony Petrone) could be cousins.  Also, it's VERY possible that either or, or both the Danbury, CT & Brooklyn, NY Ciccones are connected to my Queens, NY relatives....I was born in Brooklyn and we often spent summers at a lake just 20 minutes from Danbury, CT.

                                                        Any info will be greatly appreciated.

                                                        Many Thanks,
                                                        Renata Pezzella Young