Re: A Couple Interesting Links to Itri and Madonna Della Civita

  • paul462815
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 20, 2007
      Hi Teresa,

      We are new to the Fra Diavolo Group. We live in Itri.
      If we can be of any help during your visit it Itril please do
      contact us.

      Feel free to visit our website: http://trecancelle.shapcott-
      family.com

      It contains lots of information regarding Itri and the surrounding
      area.

      Looking forward to hearing from you

      Louie and Paul

      --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "Teresa Fusco" <tcfusco@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > My husband's grandparents were born in Itri. I have done a great
      deal or
      > research on them. I am really hopeful that we can go visit. Do you
      have any
      > information on places to stay? We'd be going in the summer. Most
      likely next
      > summer.
      >
      > His family name is Fusco and Capotosto.
      > Other names are Manzi, Lorello, Saccoccio (Maria Giovanna
      Saccoccio married
      > Giuseppe Antonio Fusco Sept 18, 1850 and Maddalena Saccoccio
      married
      > Alesandro DiBiase), Fabrizio, Agresti, Di Biase, Moretti Di
      Mascolo,
      > Addessi, Manzo, and Stravato.
      >
      > My late father-in-law went to Irti once in his youth before
      getting married.
      > We have very few pictures from his trip. One was from the first
      communion of
      > Ida Capotosto. I have no information on who she is. Obviously
      related but I
      > wish I knew more. You start doing this research and you get caught
      up
      > wanting to know so much more about these relatives. I know there
      are still
      > relatives in Itri but no contact has been kept so they would not
      know us.

      > Well, any information on where to stay, what and when to do things
      would be
      > great. We'd also visit Rome. Any idea how far by car?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Teresa Fusco
      Madonna Della

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2007
        We have a Francesca Capotosto born 09 Dec 1901 died 01 Jul 1988 who
        had married someone in the DiCrocco family (have not figured out yet
        who she married but....) her son is buried next to her in Itri - he
        was C. Alberto DiCrocco 16 Feb 1930 died 10 Mar 1946. I video taped
        most of our family graves in Itri - and in Campodimele!