Re: [FraDiavolo] New to Group

  • Jason S
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2006
      I've been waiting to join a DNA group for some time, thanks for creating it.  This is a good way to get an idea of how closely related different families with the same surname may be, once we have gone back as far as possible with the written records.

      Jason

      alaskanmax <alaskanmax@...> wrote:
      Hello,

      I just found this group and wanted to introduce myself. My ancestors
      come from Fondi, Italy. We just got back in June from a wonderful trip
      to Fondi and met many of my Italian relatives for the first time. I
      noticed one of the surnames you had listed was Maggiacomo. Does anyone
      in the group have ancestors with that name. I would like to compare
      ancestors. My paternal grandfather was a Massarella and my paternal
      grandmother was a Maggiacomo.

      I have just started a new project with Family Tree DNA.Please consider
      joining this group. The website is
      www.familytreedna. com/public/ LatinaProvinceIt aly
      I have listed the surnames I have that come from the Latina Province
      and would like to add more as I get them. We are accepting mtDNA and
      YDNA with a direct line to the Latina Province.

      Ann