Re: [FraDiavolo] A Couple Interesting Links to Itri and Madonna Della Civita

  • Teresa Fusco
    Message 1 of 7 , May 3 3:31 PM
      Hi,

      My husband's grandparents were born in Itri. I have done a great deal or
      research on them. I am really hopeful that we can go visit. Do you have any
      information on places to stay? We'd be going in the summer. Most likely next
      summer.

      His family name is Fusco and Capotosto.
      Other names are Manzi, Lorello, Saccoccio (Maria Giovanna Saccoccio married
      Giuseppe Antonio Fusco Sept 18, 1850 and Maddalena Saccoccio married
      Alesandro DiBiase), Fabrizio, Agresti, Di Biase, Moretti Di Mascolo,
      Addessi, Manzo, and Stravato.

      My late father-in-law went to Irti once in his youth before getting married.
      We have very few pictures from his trip. One was from the first communion of
      Ida Capotosto. I have no information on who she is. Obviously related but I
      wish I knew more. You start doing this research and you get caught up
      wanting to know so much more about these relatives. I know there are still
      relatives in Itri but no contact has been kept so they would not know us.

      Well, any information on where to stay, what and when to do things would be
      great. We'd also visit Rome. Any idea how far by car?

      Thanks,
      Teresa Fusco
      Message 2 of 7 , May 3 9:29 PM
        Hi Teresa,
        I live in Terracina and I have a office there where we offer a lot of
        service to the tourists.
        I'll very happy to help you when you 'll come here.
        In Terracina there are a lot of Saccoccio, Addessi and Fusco.
        Let me know the date of your trip.

        Sergio Arienzo

        p.s. to Marie Saccoccio

        I'm non forgot my promise!!!!

        Message 3 of 7 , May 4 12:06 PM
          --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "Teresa Fusco" <tcfusco@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > My husband's grandparents were born in Itri. I have done a great
          deal or
          > research on them. I am really hopeful that we can go visit. Do you
          have any
          > information on places to stay? We'd be going in the summer. Most
          likely next
          > summer.
          >
          > His family name is Fusco and Capotosto.
          > Other names are Manzi, Lorello, Saccoccio (Maria Giovanna
          Saccoccio married
          > Giuseppe Antonio Fusco Sept 18, 1850 and Maddalena Saccoccio
          married
          > Alesandro DiBiase), Fabrizio, Agresti, Di Biase, Moretti Di
          Mascolo,
          > Addessi, Manzo, and Stravato.
          >
          > My late father-in-law went to Irti once in his youth before getting
          married.
          > We have very few pictures from his trip. One was from the first
          communion of
          > Ida Capotosto. I have no information on who she is. Obviously
          related but I
          > wish I knew more. You start doing this research and you get caught
          up
          > wanting to know so much more about these relatives. I know there
          are still
          > relatives in Itri but no contact has been kept so they would not
          know us.

          > Well, any information on where to stay, what and when to do things
          would be
          > great. We'd also visit Rome. Any idea how far by car?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Teresa Fusco
          Hi Teresa! We usually stay with relatives so do not have personal
          experience with hotels there - but friends have said they are nice!
          Itri is only about an hour from Rome depending of course on traffic
          and where in Rome you are going - obviously it would be easier to
          take a train into downtown and then taxi or bus to the Vatican for
          example if you are not familiar with driving the streets in Rome.
          Itri is small enough in the downtown area to walk all around - easy
          to reach the churches and city hall and the coffee shops - it is a
          drive to The Sanctuario -- although the steps up the mountain paths
          are visible and useable for the those who chose the way of previous
          pilgrims! Many of the faithful would even go on their knees so legend
          says to the top!
        • Jason Soscia

            > Thought you might all enjoy these links to the Itri area -- we travel
            > every year and I love it! My husband is a native of Itri -- and most of
            > family is still there! Sorry but I am not sure if these links are
            > clickable or not!
            > http://www.infomediaonline.com/paesi2.htm
            >
            > http://www.al-nofi.com/home/nofi/default.cfm#top
            >
            > http://www.fradiavoloitri.org/
            >
            > http://www.santuariodellacivita.it/default.htm
            > This one is of the Santuario di Madonna della Civita in Itri!

          • paul462815
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 20, 2007
              Hi Teresa,

              We are new to the Fra Diavolo Group. We live in Itri.
              If we can be of any help during your visit it Itril please do
              contact us.

              Feel free to visit our website: http://trecancelle.shapcott-
              family.com

              It contains lots of information regarding Itri and the surrounding
              area.

              Looking forward to hearing from you

              Louie and Paul

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 31, 2007
                We have a Francesca Capotosto born 09 Dec 1901 died 01 Jul 1988 who
                had married someone in the DiCrocco family (have not figured out yet
                who she married but....) her son is buried next to her in Itri - he
                was C. Alberto DiCrocco 16 Feb 1930 died 10 Mar 1946. I video taped
                most of our family graves in Itri - and in Campodimele!