Re: [FraDiavolo] Re: ancestry.. address of tree

    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2006
      Watch out.

      Many times the "Di" refers to the fathers name and may not mean the last name.

      I came across arelative in the records that stated Giuseppe Di Francesco. Later I found that is was Giuseppe Pezza and his father was Francesco. Most of the last names will have the "di" connected as in DiLuca or DeLuca instead of Di Luca.
      Greg
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2006
        --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, gcpezza@... wrote:

        > Watch out.
        >
        > Many times the "Di" refers to the fathers name and may not mean the
        last
        > name.
        >
        > I came across arelative in the records that stated Giuseppe Di
        Francesco.
        > Later I found that is was Giuseppe Pezza and his father was
        Francesco. Most of
        > the last names will have the "di" connected as in DiLuca or DeLuca
        instead of
        > Di Luca.
        > Greg

        Very true Greg -- however, this spacing is a new issue - with
        explanation from overseas relatives being it is generated because of
        computers now? Maybe a "spell checker" issue? But that is how we are
        finding our names with our family overseas currently! Just kinda goes
        along with that "a,e,i, or o" at end of name! Sigh!