Re: trip to Itri

    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2006
      --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, Linda Peloquin
      <miyukichan0987@...> wrote:

      > Steven,
      >
      > Wonderful pictures!! Thank you so much for sharing the with us.
      Like others, I now want to go to Itri even more than I did before.

      > The picture of San Michelarcangelo reminded me I came across a web
      page in my crawlings that mentioned that the Church was in need of
      roof repairs or a new roof. I can't remember where I saw this and I
      didn't bookmark the page but I'd like to go back to the page again.

      > Has anyone else see this? Anyone have the addy for it?
      >
      > Linda Peloquin

      Linda -- I have been to the church this spring -- we were not able to
      get into the church itself because it is closed for repairs - they
      were actively working on it -- one interesting fact -- it is up an
      extremely tight steep hill -- we had to fold in the mirrors on our
      rental and even then it was so tight I doubt a couple sheets of peper
      would fit between sides of vehicle and the walls!!! Also the time we
      spent, our schedule did not mesh with gentleman at the City Hall for
      getting to the records - their schedules are restricted for helping
      one -- and he is friend of family so I know he would help if he had
      the time available! He has promised us tie on next trip! The priest
      at the "in town" church - at center of town is a very precious fellow
      who also promised to help us next trip - many of the records are
      being stored because of the much needed repairs to the old church.
      Little Itri is no little old village any more! We are shocked on each
      trip how many houses dot all of the mountainsides now!