Re: ancestry.. address of tree

    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2006
      --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, marie saccoccio <saccocciom@...>
      wrote:

      > Two spellings fro Guiseppe Saccoccio do exist; that is great!!
      Actually about 3 exist! Another trick I am learning is that for
      example - put a space between the beginning Di and rest of name - or
      sometimes the Di is dropped totally! Seems to be who did the entering
      of information into the Civil Records -- as if the Di is implied,
      because in other spots in a document it may show up!
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2006
        Watch out.

        Many times the "Di" refers to the fathers name and may not mean the last name.

        I came across arelative in the records that stated Giuseppe Di Francesco. Later I found that is was Giuseppe Pezza and his father was Francesco. Most of the last names will have the "di" connected as in DiLuca or DeLuca instead of Di Luca.
        Greg
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2006
          --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, gcpezza@... wrote:

          > Watch out.
          >
          > Many times the "Di" refers to the fathers name and may not mean the
          last
          > name.
          >
          > I came across arelative in the records that stated Giuseppe Di
          Francesco.
          > Later I found that is was Giuseppe Pezza and his father was
          Francesco. Most of
          > the last names will have the "di" connected as in DiLuca or DeLuca
          instead of
          > Di Luca.
          > Greg

          Very true Greg -- however, this spacing is a new issue - with
          explanation from overseas relatives being it is generated because of
          computers now? Maybe a "spell checker" issue? But that is how we are
          finding our names with our family overseas currently! Just kinda goes
          along with that "a,e,i, or o" at end of name! Sigh!