Re: [FraDiavolo] ancestry.. address of tree

    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2006
      Two spellings fro Guiseppe Saccoccio do exist; that is great!!

      "B. J. Di Crocco" <BonVal@...> wrote:
      I am not sure how to give you the web address to my tree except to say
      to research my web page there - on it I have a direct link to the tree
      in GED form -- and would be happy to share with anyone if you want me
      to email a copy of the file too -- just please PLEASE share back! LOL!
      Also I posted a few photos of the area in an album here -- and I have
      to scan lots more - I am in process of trying to grab each grave site
      off a video - this part is on a  learning curve for me now! But I am
      more than happy to share the info I have with anyone -- I have a few
      notes on a Giuseppe Saccoccio (a) as two varients of the spelling -- as
      well as Pannozzo(e)(a)(i) all varients!

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2006
        --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, marie saccoccio <saccocciom@...>
        wrote:

        > Two spellings fro Guiseppe Saccoccio do exist; that is great!!
        Actually about 3 exist! Another trick I am learning is that for
        example - put a space between the beginning Di and rest of name - or
        sometimes the Di is dropped totally! Seems to be who did the entering
        of information into the Civil Records -- as if the Di is implied,
        because in other spots in a document it may show up!
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2006
          Watch out.

          Many times the "Di" refers to the fathers name and may not mean the last name.

          I came across arelative in the records that stated Giuseppe Di Francesco. Later I found that is was Giuseppe Pezza and his father was Francesco. Most of the last names will have the "di" connected as in DiLuca or DeLuca instead of Di Luca.
          Greg
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2006
            --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, gcpezza@... wrote:

            > Watch out.
            >
            > Many times the "Di" refers to the fathers name and may not mean the
            last
            > name.
            >
            > I came across arelative in the records that stated Giuseppe Di
            Francesco.
            > Later I found that is was Giuseppe Pezza and his father was
            Francesco. Most of
            > the last names will have the "di" connected as in DiLuca or DeLuca
            instead of
            > Di Luca.
            > Greg

            Very true Greg -- however, this spacing is a new issue - with
            explanation from overseas relatives being it is generated because of
            computers now? Maybe a "spell checker" issue? But that is how we are
            finding our names with our family overseas currently! Just kinda goes
            along with that "a,e,i, or o" at end of name! Sigh!