A Couple Interesting Links to Itri and Madonna Della Civita

    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2006
      Thought you might all enjoy these links to the Itri area -- we travel
      every year and I love it! My husband is a native of Itri -- and most of
      family is still there! Sorry but I am not sure if these links are
      clickable or not!
      http://www.infomediaonline.com/paesi2.htm

      http://www.al-nofi.com/home/nofi/default.cfm#top

      http://www.fradiavoloitri.org/

      http://www.santuariodellacivita.it/default.htm
      This one is of the Santuario di Madonna della Civita in Itri!
    • Teresa Fusco
      Message 2 of 7 , May 3, 2006
        Hi,

        My husband's grandparents were born in Itri. I have done a great deal or
        research on them. I am really hopeful that we can go visit. Do you have any
        information on places to stay? We'd be going in the summer. Most likely next
        summer.

        His family name is Fusco and Capotosto.
        Other names are Manzi, Lorello, Saccoccio (Maria Giovanna Saccoccio married
        Giuseppe Antonio Fusco Sept 18, 1850 and Maddalena Saccoccio married
        Alesandro DiBiase), Fabrizio, Agresti, Di Biase, Moretti Di Mascolo,
        Addessi, Manzo, and Stravato.

        My late father-in-law went to Irti once in his youth before getting married.
        We have very few pictures from his trip. One was from the first communion of
        Ida Capotosto. I have no information on who she is. Obviously related but I
        wish I knew more. You start doing this research and you get caught up
        wanting to know so much more about these relatives. I know there are still
        relatives in Itri but no contact has been kept so they would not know us.

        Well, any information on where to stay, what and when to do things would be
        great. We'd also visit Rome. Any idea how far by car?

        Thanks,
        Teresa Fusco
        > Thought you might all enjoy these links to the Itri area -- we travel
        > every year and I love it! My husband is a native of Itri -- and most of
        > family is still there! Sorry but I am not sure if these links are
        > clickable or not!
        > http://www.infomediaonline.com/paesi2.htm
        >
        > http://www.al-nofi.com/home/nofi/default.cfm#top
        >
        > http://www.fradiavoloitri.org/
        >
        > http://www.santuariodellacivita.it/default.htm
        > This one is of the Santuario di Madonna della Civita in Itri!
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Sergio
        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2006
          Hi Teresa,
          I live in Terracina and I have a office there where we offer a lot of
          service to the tourists.
          I'll very happy to help you when you 'll come here.
          In Terracina there are a lot of Saccoccio, Addessi and Fusco.
          Let me know the date of your trip.

          Sergio Arienzo

          p.s. to Marie Saccoccio

          I'm non forgot my promise!!!!

          Message 4 of 7 , May 4, 2006
            --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "Teresa Fusco" <tcfusco@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > My husband's grandparents were born in Itri. I have done a great
            deal or
            > research on them. I am really hopeful that we can go visit. Do you
            have any
            > information on places to stay? We'd be going in the summer. Most
            likely next
            > summer.
            >
            > His family name is Fusco and Capotosto.
            > Other names are Manzi, Lorello, Saccoccio (Maria Giovanna
            Saccoccio married
            > Giuseppe Antonio Fusco Sept 18, 1850 and Maddalena Saccoccio
            married
            > Alesandro DiBiase), Fabrizio, Agresti, Di Biase, Moretti Di
            Mascolo,
            > Addessi, Manzo, and Stravato.
            >
            > My late father-in-law went to Irti once in his youth before getting
            married.
            > We have very few pictures from his trip. One was from the first
            communion of
            > Ida Capotosto. I have no information on who she is. Obviously
            related but I
            > wish I knew more. You start doing this research and you get caught
            up
            > wanting to know so much more about these relatives. I know there
            are still
            > relatives in Itri but no contact has been kept so they would not
            know us.

            > Well, any information on where to stay, what and when to do things
            would be
            > great. We'd also visit Rome. Any idea how far by car?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Teresa Fusco
            Hi Teresa! We usually stay with relatives so do not have personal
            experience with hotels there - but friends have said they are nice!
            Itri is only about an hour from Rome depending of course on traffic
            and where in Rome you are going - obviously it would be easier to
            take a train into downtown and then taxi or bus to the Vatican for
            example if you are not familiar with driving the streets in Rome.
            Itri is small enough in the downtown area to walk all around - easy
            to reach the churches and city hall and the coffee shops - it is a
            drive to The Sanctuario -- although the steps up the mountain paths
            are visible and useable for the those who chose the way of previous
            pilgrims! Many of the faithful would even go on their knees so legend
            says to the top!
          • Jason Soscia

              > Thought you might all enjoy these links to the Itri area -- we travel
              > every year and I love it! My husband is a native of Itri -- and most of
              > family is still there! Sorry but I am not sure if these links are
              > clickable or not!
              > http://www.infomediaonline.com/paesi2.htm
              >
              > http://www.al-nofi.com/home/nofi/default.cfm#top
              >
              > http://www.fradiavoloitri.org/
              >
              > http://www.santuariodellacivita.it/default.htm
              > This one is of the Santuario di Madonna della Civita in Itri!

            • paul462815
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 20, 2007
                Hi Teresa,

                We are new to the Fra Diavolo Group. We live in Itri.
                If we can be of any help during your visit it Itril please do
                contact us.

                Feel free to visit our website: http://trecancelle.shapcott-
                family.com

                It contains lots of information regarding Itri and the surrounding
                area.

                Looking forward to hearing from you

                Louie and Paul

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 31 3:30 PM
                  We have a Francesca Capotosto born 09 Dec 1901 died 01 Jul 1988 who
                  had married someone in the DiCrocco family (have not figured out yet
                  who she married but....) her son is buried next to her in Itri - he
                  was C. Alberto DiCrocco 16 Feb 1930 died 10 Mar 1946. I video taped
                  most of our family graves in Itri - and in Campodimele!