Re: [FraDiavolo] trip to Itri

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30 4:28 AM
      Steven,

      Wonderful pictures!!  Thank you so much for sharing the with us.  Like others, I now want to go to Itri even more than I did before.

      The picture of San Michelarcangelo reminded me I came across a web page in my crawlings that mentioned that the Church was in need of  roof repairs or a new roof.  I can't remember where I saw this and I didn't bookmark the page but I'd like to go back to the page again.

      Has anyone else see this?    Anyone have the addy for it?

      Linda Peloquin

      stephenruggieri <stephenruggieri@...> wrote:
      Hi Everyone,

      If you haven't been yet you must go to Italy to see Itri. I was amazed
      at the hospitality of my cousins and the love they just poured onto
      me. It was like I never left.

      I have other photos of my girlfriend and I in Itri as well as Gaeta, a
      popular summer spot because of it's beautiful beaches. Check out my
      photos at the following Link.

      God Bless,

      Stephen Ruggieri

      http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stephenruggieri/album?.dir=/c44b&.src=ph&.tok=phZklxEBAzuD7fHY

      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2006
        --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, Linda Peloquin
        <miyukichan0987@...> wrote:

        > Steven,
        >
        > Wonderful pictures!! Thank you so much for sharing the with us.
        Like others, I now want to go to Itri even more than I did before.

        > The picture of San Michelarcangelo reminded me I came across a web
        page in my crawlings that mentioned that the Church was in need of
        roof repairs or a new roof. I can't remember where I saw this and I
        didn't bookmark the page but I'd like to go back to the page again.

        > Has anyone else see this? Anyone have the addy for it?
        >
        > Linda Peloquin

        Linda -- I have been to the church this spring -- we were not able to
        get into the church itself because it is closed for repairs - they
        were actively working on it -- one interesting fact -- it is up an
        extremely tight steep hill -- we had to fold in the mirrors on our
        rental and even then it was so tight I doubt a couple sheets of peper
        would fit between sides of vehicle and the walls!!! Also the time we
        spent, our schedule did not mesh with gentleman at the City Hall for
        getting to the records - their schedules are restricted for helping
        one -- and he is friend of family so I know he would help if he had
        the time available! He has promised us tie on next trip! The priest
        at the "in town" church - at center of town is a very precious fellow
        who also promised to help us next trip - many of the records are
        being stored because of the much needed repairs to the old church.
        Little Itri is no little old village any more! We are shocked on each
        trip how many houses dot all of the mountainsides now!