Re: trip to Itri

  • marie elena saccoccio
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27, 2006
      Stephen, those photos are wonderful. Now I really want to visit
      again. I have not been to Italy for years. I feel "homesick."

      Marie Elena Saccoccio

      --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "stephenruggieri"
      <stephenruggieri@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > If you haven't been yet you must go to Italy to see Itri. I was
      amazed
      > at the hospitality of my cousins and the love they just poured onto
      > me. It was like I never left.
      >
      > I have other photos of my girlfriend and I in Itri as well as
      Gaeta, a
      > popular summer spot because of it's beautiful beaches. Check out my
      > photos at the following Link.
      >
      > God Bless,
      >
      > Stephen Ruggieri

      http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stephenruggieri/album?.dir=/c44b&.src=p
      h&.tok=phZklxEBAzuD7fHY

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30, 2006
        Steven,

        Wonderful pictures!!  Thank you so much for sharing the with us.  Like others, I now want to go to Itri even more than I did before.

        The picture of San Michelarcangelo reminded me I came across a web page in my crawlings that mentioned that the Church was in need of  roof repairs or a new roof.  I can't remember where I saw this and I didn't bookmark the page but I'd like to go back to the page again.

        Has anyone else see this?    Anyone have the addy for it?

        Linda Peloquin

        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2006
          --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, Linda Peloquin
          <miyukichan0987@...> wrote:

          > Steven,
          >
          > Wonderful pictures!! Thank you so much for sharing the with us.
          Like others, I now want to go to Itri even more than I did before.

          > The picture of San Michelarcangelo reminded me I came across a web
          page in my crawlings that mentioned that the Church was in need of
          roof repairs or a new roof. I can't remember where I saw this and I
          didn't bookmark the page but I'd like to go back to the page again.

          > Has anyone else see this? Anyone have the addy for it?
          >
          > Linda Peloquin

          Linda -- I have been to the church this spring -- we were not able to
          get into the church itself because it is closed for repairs - they
          were actively working on it -- one interesting fact -- it is up an
          extremely tight steep hill -- we had to fold in the mirrors on our
          rental and even then it was so tight I doubt a couple sheets of peper
          would fit between sides of vehicle and the walls!!! Also the time we
          spent, our schedule did not mesh with gentleman at the City Hall for
          getting to the records - their schedules are restricted for helping
          one -- and he is friend of family so I know he would help if he had
          the time available! He has promised us tie on next trip! The priest
          at the "in town" church - at center of town is a very precious fellow
          who also promised to help us next trip - many of the records are
          being stored because of the much needed repairs to the old church.
          Little Itri is no little old village any more! We are shocked on each
          trip how many houses dot all of the mountainsides now!