Re: [FraDiavolo] trip to Itri

  • Judy Tuccinardi
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27 8:51 AM
      Hi Everyone,

      If you haven't been yet you must go to Italy to see Itri. I was amazed
      at the hospitality of my cousins and the love they just poured onto
      me. It was like I never left.

      I have other photos of my girlfriend and I in Itri as well as Gaeta, a
      popular summer spot because of it's beautiful beaches. Check out my
      photos at the following Link.

      God Bless,

      Stephen Ruggieri

      http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stephenruggieri/album?.dir=/c44b&.src=ph&.tok=phZklxEBAzuD7fHY

    • marie elena saccoccio
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 27 8:40 PM
        Stephen, those photos are wonderful. Now I really want to visit
        again. I have not been to Italy for years. I feel "homesick."

        Marie Elena Saccoccio

        --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "stephenruggieri"

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30 4:28 AM
          Steven,

          Wonderful pictures!!  Thank you so much for sharing the with us.  Like others, I now want to go to Itri even more than I did before.

          The picture of San Michelarcangelo reminded me I came across a web page in my crawlings that mentioned that the Church was in need of  roof repairs or a new roof.  I can't remember where I saw this and I didn't bookmark the page but I'd like to go back to the page again.

          Has anyone else see this?    Anyone have the addy for it?

          Linda Peloquin

          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2006
            --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, Linda Peloquin
            <miyukichan0987@...> wrote:

            > Steven,
            >
            > Wonderful pictures!! Thank you so much for sharing the with us.
            Like others, I now want to go to Itri even more than I did before.

            > The picture of San Michelarcangelo reminded me I came across a web
            page in my crawlings that mentioned that the Church was in need of
            roof repairs or a new roof. I can't remember where I saw this and I
            didn't bookmark the page but I'd like to go back to the page again.

            > Has anyone else see this? Anyone have the addy for it?
            >
            > Linda Peloquin

            Linda -- I have been to the church this spring -- we were not able to
            get into the church itself because it is closed for repairs - they
            were actively working on it -- one interesting fact -- it is up an
            extremely tight steep hill -- we had to fold in the mirrors on our
            rental and even then it was so tight I doubt a couple sheets of peper
            would fit between sides of vehicle and the walls!!! Also the time we
            spent, our schedule did not mesh with gentleman at the City Hall for
            getting to the records - their schedules are restricted for helping
            one -- and he is friend of family so I know he would help if he had
            the time available! He has promised us tie on next trip! The priest
            at the "in town" church - at center of town is a very precious fellow
            who also promised to help us next trip - many of the records are
            being stored because of the much needed repairs to the old church.
            Little Itri is no little old village any more! We are shocked on each
            trip how many houses dot all of the mountainsides now!