Re: [FraDiavolo] Excited to be here!

  • Joseph Fidaleo
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 29, 2006
      Hello,
      Welcome. I have lots of vital records from 1809 to 1865 from Itri. I can
      help you, as many others in this group can, with records from that period.

      Take care,
      Joe

      >From: marie saccoccio <saccocciom@...>
      >To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [FraDiavolo] Excited to be here!
      >Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:08:52 -0800 (PST)
      >
      >Welcome, Stephania, I am Marie Elena Saccoccio, with an "o." However, I
      >think the "o" became an "a" with many folks when they arrived in this
      >country. I think my grandfather's mother was a Ruggieri. Grandfather was
      >from Itri. He settled in Massachusetts but had most of his relatives in
      >RI. Where are you from??
      >
      >stefaniamancini18 <stefania_mancini@...> wrote: Hi!
      >
      >My name is Stefania Mancini - both parents are from Itri.
      >
      >I would like to start pulling together a comprehensive family tree -
      >and am not sure where to start - can someone tell me where you are
      >finding the birth, death and marriage records?
      >
      >Also - would be happy to help someone else complete theirs - since
      >in all likelihood we're all related some how. Would love to be in
      >touch with my extended family!
      >
      >We have Rubino, Capotosto's, Agresti's, Saccocia's, Pezza's,
      >Ruggieri's on moms side
      >
      >Mancini, Capotosto's, Sinapi, and more on dad side.
      >
      >I also spent most of my childhood summers in Itri, Sperlonga and
      >Gaeta - since my family went back every year and would be happy to
      >answer any questions people might have about the areas and some of
      >its amazing history.
      >
      >Look forward to chatting!
      >Stefania

      > Caserta italy Family histories Itri

      >---------------------------------
      >

      >Marie Elena Saccoccio
      >

      >---------------------------------
      >New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save
      >big.
    • Judy Tuccinardi
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 30, 2006
        Hi Stefania and Judy, I have Ruggieri's in my family also, but only have one actual name and that's as far back as I have gotten on my family tree.  My great-great grandmother's name was Maria Bruna Ruggieri and she married Giovanni Locantore.  That we know of, my family is from the Matera area though.  Don't have a birthdate, but if I had to guess based on some of the birthdates I have for her children, I'd say maybe early 1800s?

        Susan Florio
        MamiF@...
        Researching: Locantore, Monaco, Cuscianna, D'Angelis, Ruggieri from Matera, MT, BAS, IT
        Florio, Verderame, DeCaro, Incorvaia from Licata, AG, SIC, IT

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/