Another New Member

  • rachel donati
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2004
      Hello there everyone!

      I'm writing from good old London town in the UK. Formia is indeed next door
      to Itri...

      I'm searching for info on my family folk too (no surprise there then). My
      great granparents were from Scauri (next door to Formia and Itri - which is
      now getting quite chi chi by the way - tho not quite Manhatten or London).

      They were Domenico Di Biase & Damiana (his wife - her maiden name was
      Zonfrillo and I know that some of her side of the family went over to NY).

      My grandfather was christened Atteo Ferrer Di Biase but called himself Frank
      (?). He married Betty in the UK and then divorced her to marry Zoe.

      My great grandfather came over to the UK and was a hairdresser and my
      grandfather was a haridresser too and was on the board of the International
      Association of Hairdressers (worked with Vidal and co. etc).

      Anyway anyone out there who might know anything or be related in some way -
      I'd love to hear from you. I'm going over to Scauri for a month's holiday
      (very Italian huh!). We still have the house there and we go at least twice
      a year - well you do know that the real Italian mozarella only comes from
      our towns don't you - oh and the san marzano tomatoes are heaven on a
      plate - mmm - caprese here we come.

      Cheers - Rachel

      http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 29, 2004
        Di Biase sounds very familiar to me! I will check with aunt. My grandparents were from Terracina and Itri. Family names are Saccoccio, Sodi, Masci, Ruggieri, and others but I am tired and that is all I can think of at the moment. Marie Elena Saccoccio

        rachel donati <racheldonati@...> wrote:Hello there everyone!

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT