Re: [FraDiavolo] Excited to be here!

  • MamiF@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 29, 2006
      Hi Stefania and Judy, I have Ruggieri's in my family also, but only have one actual name and that's as far back as I have gotten on my family tree.  My great-great grandmother's name was Maria Bruna Ruggieri and she married Giovanni Locantore.  That we know of, my family is from the Matera area though.  Don't have a birthdate, but if I had to guess based on some of the birthdates I have for her children, I'd say maybe early 1800s?

      Susan Florio
      MamiF@...
      Researching: Locantore, Monaco, Cuscianna, D'Angelis, Ruggieri from Matera, MT, BAS, IT
      Florio, Verderame, DeCaro, Incorvaia from Licata, AG, SIC, IT

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 29, 2006
          Hello,
          Welcome. I have lots of vital records from 1809 to 1865 from Itri. I can
          help you, as many others in this group can, with records from that period.

          Take care,
          Joe

          >From: marie saccoccio <saccocciom@...>
          >To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [FraDiavolo] Excited to be here!
          >Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:08:52 -0800 (PST)
          >
          >Welcome, Stephania, I am Marie Elena Saccoccio, with an "o." However, I
          >think the "o" became an "a" with many folks when they arrived in this
          >country. I think my grandfather's mother was a Ruggieri. Grandfather was
          >from Itri. He settled in Massachusetts but had most of his relatives in
          >RI. Where are you from??
          >
          >stefaniamancini18 <stefania_mancini@...> wrote: Hi!
          >
          >My name is Stefania Mancini - both parents are from Itri.
          >
          >I would like to start pulling together a comprehensive family tree -
          >and am not sure where to start - can someone tell me where you are
          >finding the birth, death and marriage records?
          >
          >Also - would be happy to help someone else complete theirs - since
          >in all likelihood we're all related some how. Would love to be in
          >touch with my extended family!
          >
          >We have Rubino, Capotosto's, Agresti's, Saccocia's, Pezza's,
          >Ruggieri's on moms side
          >
          >Mancini, Capotosto's, Sinapi, and more on dad side.
          >
          >I also spent most of my childhood summers in Itri, Sperlonga and
          >Gaeta - since my family went back every year and would be happy to
          >answer any questions people might have about the areas and some of
          >its amazing history.
          >
          >Look forward to chatting!
          >Stefania

          > Caserta italy Family histories Itri

          >Marie Elena Saccoccio

          >New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save
          >big.
        • Judy Tuccinardi