Re: [FraDiavolo] Re: Where is Comune di Pastena?

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
      Dear Vince,

      Thanks for the location and the map link which I have bookmarked.

      Teresa Rosato is the first of my ancestors to be located in comune other than Itri.  If I'm ever able to access records farther back than the FHL filmed ones  ending at 1809 without having to make a trip to the homeland or drop major money hiring someone over there, I may find other family in nearby towns.

      Thanks again for taking the time to help me locate Pastena.

      Linda

      vince_sandrone <vince_sandrone@...> wrote:
      Linda
      Pastena is about 30 km (20mi) North West of Itri.  Just north of Fondi.

      I use the mappy website to location places in Italy and obtain maps.
      It is available in english.

      http://www11.mappy.com/?lang=en

      Vince Sandrone

      --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "miyukichan0987" >

      Message 2 of 4 , May 10, 2006
        Pastene is home to a marvelous grotto -- very very famous - a
        historical landmark - unfortunately they do not allow photos to be
        taken in fear of damage - but you walk deep into thre grotto with
        running water and all sorts of magnificent rock formations - some even
        naturally look like Jesus or the Wise Men, etc.! it is a breathtaking
        experience!