Where is Comune di Pastena?

  • miyukichan0987
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2006
      Hello Group,

      As I noted in my last post containing newly discovered names in my
      family line, two of my 3rd great-grandparents are not from Itri.

      Leonardo ROSATO and Romana BRAVO are listed as the parents of Teresa
      ROSATO on the record of her marriage to Francesco Antonio CANNELLA.

      Both parents are dead in 1812 when the marriage occurred. Teresa is
      listed as residing in Comune di Pastena. It would seem logical that
      her parents were also from there.

      My question is, just where is Pastena?

      Thanks in advance for the help.

      Linda Peloquin
      still cloudy and damp Scituate, RI
    • vince_sandrone
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2006
        Pastena is about 30 km (20mi) North West of Itri. Just north of Fondi.

        I use the mappy website to location places in Italy and obtain maps.
        It is available in english.

        http://www11.mappy.com/?lang=en

        Vince Sandrone

        --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "miyukichan0987" >

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
          Dear Vince,

          Thanks for the location and the map link which I have bookmarked.

          Teresa Rosato is the first of my ancestors to be located in comune other than Itri.  If I'm ever able to access records farther back than the FHL filmed ones  ending at 1809 without having to make a trip to the homeland or drop major money hiring someone over there, I may find other family in nearby towns.

          Thanks again for taking the time to help me locate Pastena.

          Linda

          Linda

          Message 4 of 4 , May 10, 2006
            Pastene is home to a marvelous grotto -- very very famous - a
            historical landmark - unfortunately they do not allow photos to be
            taken in fear of damage - but you walk deep into thre grotto with
            running water and all sorts of magnificent rock formations - some even
            naturally look like Jesus or the Wise Men, etc.! it is a breathtaking
            experience!