Re: [FraDiavolo] Itri Baptism Records before 1800

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 17, 2006
      Hi All,

      Yes, there probably are errors.  I have a couple of people b. 1749 that should be there but don't appear.  All in all, I'm glad Jason was able to find someone to do the catasto and that I was able to get a copy from him.  I hope he'll have the same sucess with the getting the pre-1800 baptisms.  I'm already putting aside some $$ for that one now.

      I just received the LDS film 1173753 on early 1800's BMD for Itri, so hopefully I'll be able to make a few links between the families on the catasto and more "recent" ancestors.

      I look forward to learning more about the taxes.

      Linda

      Joseph Fidaleo <zicep@...> wrote:
      Hello,
      I would swear that there are errors in the Catasto 1754. A Ruggiero is one
      example. His wife's last name I 've never seen in any Itri record, yet some
      of the other microfilm data matches his sons and givies his wife as Agresto.
      There just no way to prove it. Overall the microfilm data and the Catasto
      are in good agreement.

      I'm in Florida until March 17. Home I have, in Italian, some notes from the
      Interner that explains somewhat the taxes in Italy during the early
      centuries; what I am I saying--it's taxes in Itri. I 'll try finding it
      again on the Internet.

      Take care
      Joe

      Yahoo! Photos
    • vince_sandrone
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 25, 2006
        Hi every-one,
        I have a great uncle in Itri with whom my family is in infrequent
        contact. He has helped me obtain things in the past but is elderly,
        forgetful and unreliable - so there are no promises of success.

        I will contact him and ask if he can obtain a copy of the records from
        Don Mario Mancini. It will take some time as everything will need to
        go via mail rather than electronically.

        I will keep the list inform of the progress.

        Vince Sandrone

        --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "jsoscia3" <jsoscia3@y...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone,
        >
        > I remember looking through old baptism records in Itri when I went
        > there in 2002. Don Mario Mancini allowed me to research them and they
        > were in a building across from the church of San Michele Arcangelo.
        > But, I didn't have enough time to copy much down as I had to leave the
        > next day.
      • Judy Tuccinardi
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 25, 2006
          Re: [FraDiavolo] Copying  Itri Baptism Records before 1800 Great! I look forward to any progress made. Judy

          On 1/25/06 7:47 PM, "vince_sandrone" <vince_sandrone@...> wrote:

          Hi every-one,
          I have a great uncle in Itri with whom my family is in infrequent
          contact. He has helped me obtain things in the past but is elderly,
          forgetful and unreliable - so there are no promises of success.

          I will contact him and ask if he can obtain a copy of the records from
          Don Mario Mancini. It will take some time as everything will need to
          go via mail rather than electronically.

          I will keep the list inform of the progress.

          Vince Sandrone

          --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "jsoscia3" <jsoscia3@y...> wrote:

          > Hello everyone,
          >
          > I remember looking through old baptism records in Itri when I went
          > there in 2002.  Don Mario Mancini allowed me to research them and they
          > were in a building across from the church of San Michele Arcangelo.
          > But, I didn't have enough time to copy much down as I had to leave the
          > next day.

          La rocca <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=La+rocca&w1=La+rocca&w2=Caserta+italy&w3=Family+histories&w4=Itri&c=4&s=65&.sig=_T8aM3pb2v51HTb6zXZ88g>   Caserta italy <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Caserta+italy&w1=La+rocca&w2=Caserta+italy&w3=Family+histories&w4=Itri&c=4&s=65&.sig=fw0UqRPH1cjuvNKlM1xBoA>   Family histories <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Family+histories&w1=La+rocca&w2=Caserta+italy&w3=Family+histories&w4=Itri&c=4&s=65&.sig=IdsgYjeokju5TQ_ZHZT32w>

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          --
          Judy Young Tuccinardi
          Genealogy website:http://www.ourfamilynearandfar.net/genealogy

          “We must be willing to leave the life we had planned in order to embrace the life that is waiting for us. “  Joseph Campbell

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 25, 2006
            That sounds great!!  Can we offer him any compensation or perhaps he needs something??

            Marie Elena Saccoccio

            Judy Tuccinardi <judytucci@...> wrote:
            Great! I look forward to any progress made. Judy

            On 1/25/06 7:47 PM, "vince_sandrone" <vince_sandrone@...> wrote:

            Hi every-one,
            I have a great uncle in Itri with whom my family is in infrequent
            contact. He has helped me obtain things in the past but is elderly,
            forgetful and unreliable - so there are no promises of success.

            I will contact him and ask if he can obtain a copy of the records from
            Don Mario Mancini. It will take some time as everything will need to
            go via mail rather than electronically.

            I will keep the list inform of the progress.

            Vince Sandrone

            --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "jsoscia3" <jsoscia3@y...> wrote:

            > Hello everyone,
            >
            > I remember looking through old baptism records in Itri when I went
            > there in 2002.  Don Mario Mancini allowed me to research them and they
            > were in a building across from the church of San Michele Arcangelo.
            > But, I didn't have enough time to copy much down as I had to leave the
            > next day.

            La rocca <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=La+rocca&w1=La+rocca&w2=Caserta+italy&w3=Family+histories&w4=Itri&c=4&s=65&.sig=_T8aM3pb2v51HTb6zXZ88g>   Caserta italy <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Caserta+italy&w1=La+rocca&w2=Caserta+italy&w3=Family+histories&w4=Itri&c=4&s=65&.sig=fw0UqRPH1cjuvNKlM1xBoA>   Family histories <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Family+histories&w1=La+rocca&w2=Caserta+italy&w3=Family+histories&w4=Itri&c=4&s=65&.sig=IdsgYjeokju5TQ_ZHZT32w>

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            --
            Judy Young Tuccinardi
            Genealogy website:http://www.ourfamilynearandfar.net/genealogy
            Email: judytucci@...
            Researching:
            England & Ireland: Nash, Wells, Williams, Leader, Hadon, Timmins, Gadsden, Sherwood, Borbridge, Brownrigg, Nickson, Brass, Hatton, Marsden.
            US: Young, Hayes, Masters, Meyer, Philipps, Cary, Buck.
            Germany: Meyer, Philipps, Weiss, Sander, Bertsch, Reiff.
            Italy: Tuccinardi, Notturno, Sileo, Corpolongo.

            “We must be willing to leave the life we had planned in order to embrace the life that is waiting for us. “  Joseph Campbell

            Marie Elena Saccoccio

            Do you Yahoo!?