Re: [FraDiavolo] Itri Baptism Records before 1800

  • Judy Tuccinardi
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 16, 2006
      Re: [FraDiavolo] Itri Baptism Records before 1800 If it takes some funds to get these records transcribed, count me and a friend in! Judy

      On 1/16/06 10:08 AM, "Joseph Fidaleo" <zicep@...> wrote:

      Hello,
      I wish I could help you--all of us, but my aunt in Itri is 86. She stopped
      writing to me two or three years ago and she was never a consistent writer.
      I have other relatives there but they never replied to my letters in the
      past. Do you thing Don Mancino would do it for some money ?

      take care,
      Joe

      >From: "jsoscia3" <jsoscia3@...>
      >To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [FraDiavolo] Itri Baptism Records before 1800
      >Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 23:44:28 -0000
      >
      >Hello everyone,
      >
      >I remember looking through old baptism records in Itri when I went
      >there in 2002.  Don Mario Mancini allowed me to research them and they
      >were in a building across from the church of San Michele Arcangelo.
      >But, I didn't have enough time to copy much down as I had to leave the
      >next day.
      >
      >I was thinking that these records would be great to have for our
      >family research.  I tried emailing a couple of people in Itri to
      >digitally photograph each page of the oldest book, which starts around
      >1763 and ends around 1790 give or take a few years.  However, I never
      >really got anywhere with it.  The book doesn't have many pages in it,
      >maybe 100 or so.
      >
      >So, my question to the FraDiavolo group is does anyone know anyone in
      >Itri that could take digital photos of that book?  Because, it would
      >allow us to go back about 40 years earlier than the LDS records.
      >
      >Just wanted everyone to know that there is more material out there
      >regarding old Itri records for our family trees.
      >
      >Ciao,
      >
      >Jason

      La rocca <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=La+rocca&w1=La+rocca&w2=Caserta+italy&w3=Family+histories&w4=Itri&c=4&s=65&.sig=_T8aM3pb2v51HTb6zXZ88g>   Caserta italy <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Caserta+italy&w1=La+rocca&w2=Caserta+italy&w3=Family+histories&w4=Itri&c=4&s=65&.sig=fw0UqRPH1cjuvNKlM1xBoA>   Family histories <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Family+histories&w1=La+rocca&w2=Caserta+italy&w3=Family+histories&w4=Itri&c=4&s=65&.sig=IdsgYjeokju5TQ_ZHZT32w>

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      --
      Judy Young Tuccinardi
      Genealogy website:http://www.ourfamilynearandfar.net/genealogy

      “We must be willing to leave the life we had planned in order to embrace the life that is waiting for us. “  Joseph Campbell

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 16, 2006
        For all,

        I am looking into it with some relatives in Itri. Judy I noticed the name Tucci. My mother is a Tucci and I have an extensive list of Tucci's going back to 1333. Can you tell me which Tucci you or your husband is from?

        Greg Pezza
        Hope Valley, RI
      • Judy Tuccinardi

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 17, 2006
            Hello,
            I would swear that there are errors in the Catasto 1754. A Ruggiero is one
            example. His wife's last name I 've never seen in any Itri record, yet some
            of the other microfilm data matches his sons and givies his wife as Agresto.
            There just no way to prove it. Overall the microfilm data and the Catasto
            are in good agreement.

            I'm in Florida until March 17. Home I have, in Italian, some notes from the
            Interner that explains somewhat the taxes in Italy during the early
            centuries; what I am I saying--it's taxes in Itri. I 'll try finding it
            again on the Internet.

            Take care
            Joe

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 17, 2006
              Hi All,

              Yes, there probably are errors.  I have a couple of people b. 1749 that should be there but don't appear.  All in all, I'm glad Jason was able to find someone to do the catasto and that I was able to get a copy from him.  I hope he'll have the same sucess with the getting the pre-1800 baptisms.  I'm already putting aside some $$ for that one now.

              I just received the LDS film 1173753 on early 1800's BMD for Itri, so hopefully I'll be able to make a few links between the families on the catasto and more "recent" ancestors.

              I look forward to learning more about the taxes.

              Linda

              Yahoo! Photos
            • vince_sandrone
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 25, 2006
                Hi every-one,
                I have a great uncle in Itri with whom my family is in infrequent
                contact. He has helped me obtain things in the past but is elderly,
                forgetful and unreliable - so there are no promises of success.

                I will contact him and ask if he can obtain a copy of the records from
                Don Mario Mancini. It will take some time as everything will need to
                go via mail rather than electronically.

                I will keep the list inform of the progress.

                Vince Sandrone

                --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "jsoscia3" <jsoscia3@y...> wrote:

                > Hello everyone,
                >
                > I remember looking through old baptism records in Itri when I went
                > there in 2002. Don Mario Mancini allowed me to research them and they
                > were in a building across from the church of San Michele Arcangelo.
                > But, I didn't have enough time to copy much down as I had to leave the
                > next day.
              • Judy Tuccinardi
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 25, 2006
                  Re: [FraDiavolo] Copying  Itri Baptism Records before 1800 Great! I look forward to any progress made. Judy

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 25, 2006
                    That sounds great!!  Can we offer him any compensation or perhaps he needs something??

                    Marie Elena Saccoccio

                    Judy Tuccinardi <judytucci@...> wrote:
                    Great! I look forward to any progress made. Judy

                    On 1/25/06 7:47 PM, "vince_sandrone" <vince_sandrone@...> wrote:

                    Hi every-one,
                    I have a great uncle in Itri with whom my family is in infrequent
                    contact. He has helped me obtain things in the past but is elderly,
                    forgetful and unreliable - so there are no promises of success.

                    I will contact him and ask if he can obtain a copy of the records from
                    Don Mario Mancini. It will take some time as everything will need to
                    go via mail rather than electronically.

                    I will keep the list inform of the progress.

                    Vince Sandrone

                    --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "jsoscia3" <jsoscia3@y...> wrote:

                    > Hello everyone,
                    >
                    > I remember looking through old baptism records in Itri when I went
                    > there in 2002.  Don Mario Mancini allowed me to research them and they
                    > were in a building across from the church of San Michele Arcangelo.
                    > But, I didn't have enough time to copy much down as I had to leave the
                    > next day.

                    La rocca <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=La+rocca&w1=La+rocca&w2=Caserta+italy&w3=Family+histories&w4=Itri&c=4&s=65&.sig=_T8aM3pb2v51HTb6zXZ88g>   Caserta italy <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Caserta+italy&w1=La+rocca&w2=Caserta+italy&w3=Family+histories&w4=Itri&c=4&s=65&.sig=fw0UqRPH1cjuvNKlM1xBoA>   Family histories <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Family+histories&w1=La+rocca&w2=Caserta+italy&w3=Family+histories&w4=Itri&c=4&s=65&.sig=IdsgYjeokju5TQ_ZHZT32w>

                    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                    --
                    Judy Young Tuccinardi
                    Genealogy website:http://www.ourfamilynearandfar.net/genealogy
                    Email: judytucci@...
                    Researching:
                    England & Ireland: Nash, Wells, Williams, Leader, Hadon, Timmins, Gadsden, Sherwood, Borbridge, Brownrigg, Nickson, Brass, Hatton, Marsden.
                    US: Young, Hayes, Masters, Meyer, Philipps, Cary, Buck.
                    Germany: Meyer, Philipps, Weiss, Sander, Bertsch, Reiff.
                    Italy: Tuccinardi, Notturno, Sileo, Corpolongo.

                    “We must be willing to leave the life we had planned in order to embrace the life that is waiting for us. “  Joseph Campbell

                    Marie Elena Saccoccio

                    Do you Yahoo!?