New member Researching: FORNARO, CANNELLA & more

  • miyukichan0987
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2006
      Happy New Year to all. Finally got a new, fast computer to replace
      the old, s l o o o w & annoying laptop so I decided it would be a
      good way to break in the new 'puter by finally signing up.

      My grandparents, Guiseppe FORNARO and Rachela CANNELLA came from Itri
      in 1893 and settled on the Hill in Providence. Of the various places
      they lived on the Hill as their family grew and needed more room, none
      exist today. All seem to have fallen victim to either I-95 or the
      6-10 connector. The last place they lived and where I spent my years
      until 1959, was Tower St. which was located roughly between the
      southbound lanes of 95 and the Atwells Ave off ramp.

      Sadly, I never knew my grandparents. Rachela passed in 1930 and
      Giuseppe in 1941, both before my parents even met.

      I've found the following individuals in my line so far:

      Giuseppe b. 1865 d. 1941 & Benedetto b. abt 1876 d. 1948 FORNARO s/o
      Antonio FORNARO & Maria Grazia DI VONA m. 28 Nov 1852

      Antonio FORNARO b.18 Jan 1824 s/o Francesc'Antonio FORNARO & Maria
      Tomasina DI LUCA m. 10 Feb 1823

      Francesco Antonio FORNARO b. abt. 1797 s/o Benedetto FORNARO & Maria
      Loreta SINAPI

      Maria Grazia DI VONA b. abt. 1830 d/o Giuseppe Antonio Vincenzo DI
      VONA & Maria Civita Angela SOSCIA m. 30 Apr 1826

      Giuseppe Antonio Vincenzo DI VONA b. abt. 1800 s/o Crasmantonio DE
      VONA & Chiance SIMONELLI

      Maria Civita Angela SOSCIA b. abt 1805 d/o Giovanni SOSCIA & Maria
      Giuseppa STRAVATO

      Maria Tomasina DI LUCA b. abt 1800 d/o Crasmantonio DI LUCA &
      Magnifica SUPRANO

      My CANNELLA side is a bit shakey and less certain since my grandmother
      Rachela was born after 1865 and her death report didn't include her
      mother's maiden name. My Dad's own immediate FORNARO family had
      siblings whose births spanned 18 yrs from oldest to youngest so
      despite the 20 year gap from marriage date OF 1849 to the birth of my
      grandmother b. abt 1868-1870, here's what I think may be my CANNELLA side:

      Rachela CANNELLA b. 1868-1870 d. 1930 d/o Luigi CANNELLA & Maria
      Loreta CARDI m. 1849

      Luigi CANNELLA b. 17 Mar 1821 s/o Francesco CANNELLA b. abt. 1785 &
      Maria Teresa ROSATI b. abt. 1793

      Maria Loreta CARDI b. 5 Feb 1822 d/o Giuseppe CARDI b. abt. 1794 &
      Benedetta GIARDINO b. abt. 1794

      Surnames so far: FORNARO, CANNELLA, DI VONA, DI LUCA, SINAPI, SOSCIA,
      SIMONELLI, STRAVATO, ROSATI, CARDI & GIARDINO.

      I look forward to connecting and corresponding with others whose
      ancestors are related to my families.

      Linda Peloquin nee FORNARO