Re: HI Im a new member

  • loudelbove
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 2, 2005
      Hi Jason,

      This is the second time trying to reply to this so If its duplicate,
      Please forgive me. It was nice to hear from you. Dino Ciccone is my
      cousin. His father and my mother where brother and sister. Lino
      Mancini's sister married my Uncle Tony, my father's youngest brother.
      And I go to his house to go see the St. Mary's Feast fireworks. The
      Constintion Del Bove,you refer to, is my uncle, my father's oldest
      brother. Also, there is a Soscia that lives in my Condo Complex here
      in West Warwick, and her father tells me that he is related the Maria
      Soscia that married my uncle. Also, his wife is buried right next to
      my mother in St. Ann's Cementry.

      --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, Jason Soscia <jsoscia3@y...> wrote:

      > Hi Lou,
      >
      > I am from Cranston also. Welcome to the site! My grandfather's
      cousin Maria Soscia married a Constantino DelBove. They live in
      Toronto, is that your uncle? I know a Ciccone named Dino from
      Cranston and there is a DelBove family from Cranston that is related
      to Lino Mancini's family. Well, hope to hear from you soon. My amil
      is jsoscia3@y...

      > Jason
      >
      > loudelbove <loudelbove@y...> wrote:
      > Hi all.
      > I found this group by accident but I am glad I did. I am related to
      > Domenic and Greg.. I am from Cranston RI and both my parents are
      > from Itri. Even though, Domenic and Greg's Grandmother was my great
      > aunt, my sisters and I still called her grandma Pezza.
      >
      > My niece got married, to a Saccoccia, in itri this past summer on
      > the 4th of July and she has been living there for the last few year.
      > My father, my sisters and their families and myself travel to Itri
      > for the wedding.
      >
      > While in Itri, I heard stories of how my mother and her brothers
      > and sisters where hidding in caves during World War II as the
      > americans where bombing the town trying to get rid of the German
      > soliders from the town. After the germans where pushed out of the
      > town, an american solider came into the caves looking for his
      > cousins, my mother and my aunts and uncles. That solider was my
      > Uncle Joe, Greg's father. I never heard this story until this past
      > year, Just wondering if u had heard about that Greg.
      >
      > My maternal Grandmother's madien name was Capotosto. I have an uncle
      > that married a Soscia. Other last names that may not have been
      > mentioned are Ialongo, Agresti, Cardi.
      >
      > Well, I dont want to keep rambling
      > Ciao for Now
      > Lou

      Service.

    • loudelbove
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 2, 2005
        Hi Greg!!
        good to hear from you. Give me a couple of days to contact you. I am
        working nights now, so I sleep a good portion of the day away.
        Hopefully, we can get together so I can see what you have put
        together. You can contact me at loudelbove@....

        --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, gcpezza@a... wrote:

        > Welcome Louie,
        >
        > Give me a call at 539-0999 work or 213-6258 home. I have a lot on the
        > Ciccone's, Del Bove and of course Pezza. Just to let you know our
        Great Great
        > Grandmother was a Capatosto. Also we are direct to Meschino's and
        Matrullo's.

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 4, 2005
          Hi Judy,

          What is your husband's first name? Also, where are you from? I know there are Tuccinardi's in Montreal. I visited them over 20 years ago with my Uncle Joe Pezza, which is Greg's father. I am Greg Pezza's first cousin and Lou DelBove's mother was my mother's first cousin, which also makes us cousins. My last name is Livoli, my mother is a Pezza. Let me know.

          Domenic Livoli
          dlivoli@...

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 4, 2005
            My hubby¹s first name is Thomas. The Tuccinardi¹s are from Itri then to New
            York City (specifically Long Island). A few I think went to PA and maybe NJ
            but most stayed in NYC and evirons. I have heard that there are Tuccinardis
            in Montreal but am not aware of a connection to them but then I don¹t have a
            lot of information on them. The surnames of DelBove, Pezza and Livoli are
            not familiar to me but like I said, I never say never when it comes to
            family history! j

          • Joe

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 18, 2005
                Hi every-one,
                I am going to trial allowing files to be sent to the group as a few
                people have previously tried to send them and they have not got through
                as I had them switched off.

                I will keep an eye on how the trial goes as I am concerned about overly
                large files being sent and affecting people's inboxes especially those
                that may not be intereted in the file. Many people still use slow dial-
                up connection and there is nothing worse than waiting an hour to
                download a file that does not interest you.

                Please think carefully about who would be interested in the file- is it
                just one person or every-one.

                A better way to distribute files is to add them to the groups files.

                If you are do not have a yahoo account you may not be able to add
                files - so send them to me and I will add them.

                Vince Sandrone
                Fra Diavolo group moderator