Re: [FraDiavolo] New Member

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 28, 2004
      Cambridge is in Massachusetts. The Parisi's I know are all from Cambridge. I will ask them where in Italy they are form; I think that Formia sounds right. Formia, Itri, Terracina, Gaeta are all very close.

      DestinyLad@... wrote:Dear Joe (?) and Maria...

      Thanks much for your reply with info on a Jimmy Parisi of Cambridge (is that
      MA, or RI?)

      I know that my grandfather, Louis Parisi, had a brother by the name of Jimmy
      -- I am going to try to find out if he lived in the Cambridge, ? area.

      To the very best of my knowledge, I'm certain that the Parisi clan that I'm
      related to, came from Formia, but I will double check with relatives.

      Regards,
      Laura
      P.S. My sister's name is Maria Elena

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • see profile xxjennybellaxx
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 10, 2008
        I recently found my great grandfather Angelo Manzi was from Sonnino so
        I thought I would join. Any other Manzi's here?

        Jennifer
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 13, 2008
          Hi & Welcome Jennifer,

          I missed this earlier.  I don't have MANZI but do have MANZO in Itri.  The difference in the names could just be the opinion of whom ever was recording the records.  Very few of the ancestors were literate so how something got spelled was usually up to whomever was recording the information.

          My MANZO was Maria Felice wife of Nicola di VONA.  they were my 4th great-grandparents and are back in the 1700's so with nothing but the catasto of 1754 to go on for 1700's records that are available to me, I've not been able to learn much about them.

          I have a couple of candidates for Maria Felice in 1754 -
          - Felice 27y dau of Antonio MANZO di Micheangelo & Catarina d' Alena.
          - Maria 20y sister to Gioanni MANZO - apparently thir parents were dead because the 1754 household was headed by Gioanni and was just he, a brother and their three sisters. No "fu" parents were named.
          - Maria 11y dau of Gioanni MANZO di Nunzio & Apollonia de FABRIZIIS

          For her husband Nicola there is a 20y old Nicola in 1754 son of Domenico di Vona & Irena no surname

          I doubt that there is a connection between our families.  I do have a couple of examples of people coming in from outside of Itri but the came from comunes not too distant.  Sonnino is quit a distance from Itri for the time period we are looking at.

          Have you checked to see if the LDS has films for Sonnino?  It looks like a pretty big place so maybe they were allowed to film records there.  For some reason in Italy, the filming of records seems to have been limited and I think it is more the authorities holding the records than the LDS that has put in the limits.  The records for Itri are only available to us on film for 1809 - 1865 but Jason of this group, for one, has been to Itri and seen that there are more records.  I wish permission to film more would be granted as I'm not sure I will ever get to Itri to research in operson.

          Linda

          see profile xxjennybellaxx <mizzmanzi@...> wrote:
          I recently found my great grandfather Angelo Manzi was from Sonnino so
          I thought I would join. Any other Manzi's here?

          Jennifer

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • tmt34eva
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 26 1:49 PM
            Came across this group by accident, but found it very interesting....

            Both my parents come from Itri. We still have family living in Itri.

            Family names are Riccardi and Lorello. Anyone familar with those last

            names? We currently live in the USA.
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 27 6:35 AM

              Hi,

              Where are you from now?  Are your parents directly from Itri?  Please give us from background.

              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 27 7:27 AM
                Yes, my parents are directly from Itri. They came to the USA after
                they married in the 1960's. The rest of our family still resides in
                Itri. The surnames are Lorello (my mom's) and Riccardi (my dad's).
                Would love to find old friends of my parents who are living in the
                USA for them to connect with.
                --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "Domenic Livoli" <dlivoli@...>
                wrote:

                > Hi,
                >

                > Where are you from now? Are your parents directly from Itri?
                Please give
                > us from background.
                >

                > Domenic Livoli
                >
                > Email: <mailto:dlivoli@...> dlivoli@...

              • Jason Soscia
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 27 7:31 AM
                  There are a lot of Lorellos and Riccardis, can you be more specific?

                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 27 7:33 AM
                    Any other family names??  We are saccoccio; masci; ruggieri; sodi

                    Marie Elena Saccoccio

                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 27 8:28 AM

                      It would help to find out where your parents live currently and their ages, so I would be able to figure out their friends’ ages and whom they may know.  The highest Itrani population is in Cranston, RI where many settled in the early 1900’s and then another wave after WWII.  There is another concentration in New York and Toronto