HI Im a new member

  • loudelbove
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hi all.
      I found this group by accident but I am glad I did. I am related to
      Domenic and Greg.. I am from Cranston RI and both my parents are
      from Itri. Even though, Domenic and Greg's Grandmother was my great
      aunt, my sisters and I still called her grandma Pezza.

      My niece got married, to a Saccoccia, in itri this past summer on
      the 4th of July and she has been living there for the last few year.
      My father, my sisters and their families and myself travel to Itri
      for the wedding.

      While in Itri, I heard stories of how my mother and her brothers
      and sisters where hidding in caves during World War II as the
      americans where bombing the town trying to get rid of the German
      soliders from the town. After the germans where pushed out of the
      town, an american solider came into the caves looking for his
      cousins, my mother and my aunts and uncles. That solider was my
      Uncle Joe, Greg's father. I never heard this story until this past
      year, Just wondering if u had heard about that Greg.

      My maternal Grandmother's madien name was Capotosto. I have an uncle
      that married a Soscia. Other last names that may not have been
      mentioned are Ialongo, Agresti, Cardi.

      Well, I dont want to keep rambling
      Ciao for Now
      Lou
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2005
        Welcome Louie,

        Give me a call at 539-0999 work or 213-6258 home. I have a lot on the
        Ciccone's, Del Bove and of course Pezza. Just to let you know our Great Great
        Grandmother was a Capatosto. Also we are direct to Meschino's and Matrullo's.

        Hope to hear from you soon.

        Cousin

        Greg

      • Judy Tuccinardi
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 2, 2005
          Hi Lou!!! So what is your, Greg¹s and Domenic¹s last name? My husband¹s (and
          therefore mine) is Tuccinardi, from Itri. I am told that there are several
          Tuccinardis living in RI. I haven¹t had any luck hooking up with them to
          find out our connection (of course I am assuming that all Tuccinardis are
          related!!!). Anyway, The Saccoccia last name along with Ialongo and Agresti
          are of interest to me. You can visit my website below and see the other
          names that I am interested in. Let¹s see if there is a connection somewhere
          along the line. I am going to forward your email to someone else that has
          family in Itri. Hope to hear from you soon!! Judy

          --
          Judy Young Tuccinardi
          Genealogy website:http://www.ourfamilynearandfar.net/genealogy

        • Jason Soscia

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 2, 2005
              Hello.....

              I belong to the 'group' and am wondering if you know of any Ciccone's from
              Fromia. My grandmother's maiden name was Ciccone (Elvira) - she, two sisters
              and a brother came to America and settled in the New York area.

              Thanks,
              Renata Young
              DestinyLad@...

            • loudelbove
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 2, 2005
                Hi Jason,

                That is my uncle and Dino is my cousin. Lino's sister married my
                Uncle Tony, Constantino's brother. Dino's father and my mother are
                brother and sister.

                There is a Soscia in my condo complex who is also related to Maria
                Soscia. I forget her first name, but her father remembers my mother
                and has told me about the relation, In fact, his wife is buried
                right next to my mother in St. Ann's Cemetry.
                Lou

                --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, Jason Soscia <jsoscia3@y...>

                amil is jsoscia3@y...

                > Jason
                >
                > loudelbove <loudelbove@y...> wrote:
                > Hi all.
                > I found this group by accident but I am glad I did. I am related
                > Domenic and Greg.. I am from Cranston RI and both my parents are
                > from Itri. Even though, Domenic and Greg's Grandmother was my
                great
                > aunt, my sisters and I still called her grandma Pezza.
                >
                > My niece got married, to a Saccoccia, in itri this past summer on
                > the 4th of July and she has been living there for the last few
                year.
                > My father, my sisters and their families and myself travel to Itri
                > for the wedding.
                >
                > While in Itri, I heard stories of how my mother and her brothers
                > and sisters where hidding in caves during World War II as the
                > americans where bombing the town trying to get rid of the German
                > soliders from the town. After the germans where pushed out of the
                > town, an american solider came into the caves looking for his
                > cousins, my mother and my aunts and uncles. That solider was my
                > Uncle Joe, Greg's father. I never heard this story until this
                past
                > year, Just wondering if u had heard about that Greg.
                >
                > My maternal Grandmother's madien name was Capotosto. I have an
                uncle
                > that married a Soscia. Other last names that may not have been
                > mentioned are Ialongo, Agresti, Cardi.
                >
                > Well, I dont want to keep rambling
                > Ciao for Now
                > Lou

                Service.

              • loudelbove
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 2, 2005
                  Hi Jason,

                  This is the second time trying to reply to this so If its duplicate,
                  Please forgive me. It was nice to hear from you. Dino Ciccone is my
                  cousin. His father and my mother where brother and sister. Lino
                  Mancini's sister married my Uncle Tony, my father's youngest brother.
                  And I go to his house to go see the St. Mary's Feast fireworks. The
                  Constintion Del Bove,you refer to, is my uncle, my father's oldest
                  brother. Also, there is a Soscia that lives in my Condo Complex here
                  in West Warwick, and her father tells me that he is related the Maria
                  Soscia that married my uncle. Also, his wife is buried right next to
                  my mother in St. Ann's Cementry.

                  is jsoscia3@y...

                  > Jason
                  >
                  > loudelbove <loudelbove@y...> wrote:
                  > Hi all.
                  > I found this group by accident but I am glad I did. I am related to
                  > Domenic and Greg.. I am from Cranston RI and both my parents are
                  > from Itri. Even though, Domenic and Greg's Grandmother was my great
                  > aunt, my sisters and I still called her grandma Pezza.
                  >
                  > My niece got married, to a Saccoccia, in itri this past summer on
                  > the 4th of July and she has been living there for the last few year.
                  > My father, my sisters and their families and myself travel to Itri
                  > for the wedding.
                  >
                  > While in Itri, I heard stories of how my mother and her brothers
                  > and sisters where hidding in caves during World War II as the
                  > americans where bombing the town trying to get rid of the German
                  > soliders from the town. After the germans where pushed out of the
                  > town, an american solider came into the caves looking for his
                  > cousins, my mother and my aunts and uncles. That solider was my
                  > Uncle Joe, Greg's father. I never heard this story until this past
                  > year, Just wondering if u had heard about that Greg.
                  >
                  > My maternal Grandmother's madien name was Capotosto. I have an uncle
                  > that married a Soscia. Other last names that may not have been
                  > mentioned are Ialongo, Agresti, Cardi.
                  >
                  > Well, I dont want to keep rambling
                  > Ciao for Now
                  > Lou

                  Service.

                • loudelbove
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 2, 2005
                    Hi Greg!!
                    good to hear from you. Give me a couple of days to contact you. I am
                    working nights now, so I sleep a good portion of the day away.
                    Hopefully, we can get together so I can see what you have put
                    together. You can contact me at loudelbove@....

                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 4, 2005
                      Hi Judy,

                      What is your husband's first name? Also, where are you from? I know there are Tuccinardi's in Montreal. I visited them over 20 years ago with my Uncle Joe Pezza, which is Greg's father. I am Greg Pezza's first cousin and Lou DelBove's mother was my mother's first cousin, which also makes us cousins. My last name is Livoli, my mother is a Pezza. Let me know.

                      Domenic Livoli
                      dlivoli@...

                      Hi Lou!!! So what is your, Greg¹s and Domenic¹s last name? My husband¹s (and
                      therefore mine) is Tuccinardi, from Itri. I am told that there are several
                      Tuccinardis living in RI. I haven¹t had any luck hooking up with them to
                      find out our connection (of course I am assuming that all Tuccinardis are
                      related!!!). Anyway, The Saccoccia last name along with Ialongo and Agresti
                      are of interest to me. You can visit my website below and see the other
                      names that I am interested in. Let¹s see if there is a connection somewhere
                      along the line. I am going to forward your email to someone else that has
                      family in Itri. Hope to hear from you soon!! Judy

                      On 12/1/05 4:04 PM, "loudelbove" <loudelbove@...> wrote:

                      > Hi all.
                      > I found this group by accident but I am glad I did. I am related to
                      > Domenic and Greg.. I am from Cranston RI and both my parents are
                      > from Itri. Even though, Domenic and Greg's Grandmother was my great
                      > aunt, my sisters and I still called her grandma Pezza.
                      >
                      > My niece got married, to a Saccoccia, in itri this past summer on
                      > the 4th of July and she has been living there for the last few year.
                      > My father, my sisters and their families and myself travel to Itri
                      > for the wedding.
                      >
                      > While in Itri, I heard stories of how my mother and her brothers
                      > and sisters where hidding in caves during World War II as the
                      > americans where bombing the town trying to get rid of the German
                      > soliders from the town. After the germans where pushed out of the
                      > town, an american solider came into the caves looking for his
                      > cousins, my mother and my aunts and uncles. That solider was my
                      > Uncle Joe, Greg's father. I never heard this story until this past
                      > year, Just wondering if u had heard about that Greg.
                      >
                      > My maternal Grandmother's madien name was Capotosto. I have an uncle
                      > that married a Soscia. Other last names that may not have been
                      > mentioned are Ialongo, Agresti, Cardi.
                      >
                      > Well, I dont want to keep rambling
                      > Ciao for Now
                      > Lou
                      >

                      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                      > on the web.
                      > *
                      > *
                      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                      --
                      Judy Young Tuccinardi
                      Genealogy website:http://www.ourfamilynearandfar.net/genealogy
                      Email: judytucci@...
                      Researching:
                      England & Ireland: Nash, Wells, Williams, Leader, Hadon, Timmins, Gadsden,
                      Sherwood, Borbridge, Brownrigg, Nickson, Brass, Hatton, Marsden.
                      US: Young, Hayes, Masters, Meyer, Philipps, Cary, Buck.
                      Germany: Meyer, Philipps, Weiss, Sander, Bertsch, Reiff.
                      Italy: Tuccinardi, Notturno, Sileo, Corpolongo.

                      Family histories Italian italy Family history web site

                    • Judy Tuccinardi
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 4, 2005
                        My hubby¹s first name is Thomas. The Tuccinardi¹s are from Itri then to New
                        York City (specifically Long Island). A few I think went to PA and maybe NJ
                        but most stayed in NYC and evirons. I have heard that there are Tuccinardis
                        in Montreal but am not aware of a connection to them but then I don¹t have a
                        lot of information on them. The surnames of DelBove, Pezza and Livoli are
                        not familiar to me but like I said, I never say never when it comes to
                        family history! j

                      • Joe

                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 18, 2005
                            Hi every-one,
                            I am going to trial allowing files to be sent to the group as a few
                            people have previously tried to send them and they have not got through
                            as I had them switched off.

                            I will keep an eye on how the trial goes as I am concerned about overly
                            large files being sent and affecting people's inboxes especially those
                            that may not be intereted in the file. Many people still use slow dial-
                            up connection and there is nothing worse than waiting an hour to
                            download a file that does not interest you.

                            Please think carefully about who would be interested in the file- is it
                            just one person or every-one.

                            A better way to distribute files is to add them to the groups files.

                            If you are do not have a yahoo account you may not be able to add
                            files - so send them to me and I will add them.

                            Vince Sandrone
                            Fra Diavolo group moderator