Re: [FraDiavolo] Formia

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2004
      Hi Domenic,

      Didn't know that Itri was close to Formia -- it's very very possible that we
      could be related, as my grandmother's name was Elvira Ciccone, and since the
      towns are so close, it's also possible that parts of the Ciccone family lived
      in nearby towns.

      My grandparents married in America, and during the time of the births of
      their children, they lived in Hollis, New York (a suburb of Queens, which is one
      of the 5 boroughs of New York City.

      They then moved to a small town (Cairo) in upstate NY where they resided
      until their respective deaths.

      My mom (a Parisi) was 1st generation Italian/American - my father (a
      Pezzella) was born in Formia, went to the university in Naples, became an engineer and
      officer in the Italian Merchant Marines, before emigrating to America.

      I was born in Brooklyn (another of the 5 boroughs of NY) - lived in various
      areas of the State of New York until moving to California in the early 70's.
      But, no matter where I am, I am never far from my Italian roots - and darn
      proud of them!!Regards,
      Laura