(no subject)

  • Micane2@wmconnect.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2005
      Awhile back on another group, I mentioned that my father told me our
      BELCASTRO family nickname was Lucifer. Whew! What a nickname. Anyway, another
      member of the group from San Giovanni In Fiore, Cosenza, Calabria, wrote back and
      said that is because I am ?descended? from Michele PEZZA a/k/a Fra Diavolo.
      After reading his history, I am relieved that this is the nickname source.

      Apparently, Michele PEZZA spent time in San Giovanni in Fiore during which
      he ?married? a local woman. Since my BELCASTRO ancestors are from that same
      town, and if, indeed, the above is all true, can anyone in this group give me
      more information regarding this connection? Any information. Thanks so much.

      Rebecca Belcastro Drummond