Message from FraDiavolo Group Owner: Junk mail to the group

  • vince_sandrone
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 6:16 AM
      Hi every-one,
      sure that it was just an honest mistake from the person involved. I
      have emailed him directly to explain the issue.

      I thought it would be timely for people to understand how I manage
      messages to the group.

      When people join I personally review each and every message and allow
      the related ones through to the group (usually within 1-2 days) and
      delete the spam/ads etc.

      The group is small (23 members) and I fight hard to keep out the junk
      mail. I filter out an average of 5 real junk emails (not mistakes) per
      week and then ban the real spammer from ever sending messages to the
      group.

      When each member has built us a history of genealogy related messages
      then I change it so that the messages from that member get distributed
      without my approval. This was the case for the sender of the junk
      mail. Most members who have sent at least one message fall into this
      category (I say most because I may have missed some)

      So far this system has worked well - this is the first real junk that
      has been distributed to members.