Re: [FraDiavolo] 1754 Itri Census

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 14, 2005
      hello,
      I'm still with you.
      joe
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: jsoscia3
      To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2005 7:26 PM
      Subject: [FraDiavolo] 1754 Itri Census

      Hi Everyone,

      Last month I sent everyone a message about some research I was doing.

      I hired a researcher to summarize the 1754 Itri Census for 1000
      euros
      (about $1200). The researcher has started the work and sent me a
      sample. It really looks great. I have offered to share the
      research
      will all of us as long as we all split the cost.

      If all 22 members take part, it would be about $54 each. So far I
      believe only Joe Fidaleo, Mary Saccoccio, Greg Pezza and myself are
      interested. That is $300 each. I'd like to get at least 4 more
      people
      to drop the cost to $150 each.

      If anyone is stuck at a dead end after exhausting the Mormon
      records,
      this is the next step. It is called the catasto onciario and lists
      every FAMILY living in Itri in 1754 with every member in relation to
      the head of the
      family. Also included is occupations, ages, street name, taxes
      paid,
      and where the family lands, if any, were owned . Sometimes is there
      are 2 people with the exact same name it will give the father's name
      of each, in order to distinguish them.

      Some of the research team are on August vacation now. So, I expect
      by
      the end of summer to have the research complete. I have already
      paid
      half the fee myself and will pay the other half in a couple of weeks
      once he sends me more of the completed research.

      If anyone else is interested please let me know. If you are doing
      research on your Itri family name, this may tie together loose ends
      left over after your FHC Mormon record research has hit a dead end.

      Ciao and Buona Sera !

      Jason Soscia

      Itri Italian Terracina

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 14, 2005
        Joe,

        Let me know where to send you the money. I will pay the second half and as
        people pay in we can get reimburse. Let me know.

        Greg Pezza

      • vince_sandrone
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 14, 2005
          I am interested.
          How do I send you the money ?

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14, 2005
            Yes, I, too, am still interested. Marie Elena Saccoccio

            vince_sandrone <vince_sandrone@...> wrote:Jason
            I am interested.
            How do I send you the money ?

            Italian italy La rocca Family histories Itri Italian Terracina