Re: [FraDiavolo] FHC microfilm

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 25, 2005
      I think Guiseppe would have been DOB around 1883; his father and brother I believe were both Angelo; so brother was around same DOB and father around 1860 but this is a real approximation; Francesca Saccoccio would be around 1860 for date of birth also. Further as far as I know Francesca and Angelo, my great grandparents died around 1904, simultaneously, in a carriage accident. that is all I have there as grandfather married my grandmother here in Boston and grandmother was from Terracina, not Itri. I do know that Ruggieri or Ruggierio may have been grandfather's mother's family name and grandfather had those relatives here in Rhode Island. I just have never been able to track the name Saccoccio in Itri though when I was in Terracina many people told me that Saccoccio is a well known name there and that family is in the oil business ( oil, as in olive, not fuel).

      Angelo and Francesca had only two children - my grandfather, Guiseppe and Angelo. Angelo never emigrated to this country so he would have died presumably in Itri, or at least in Italy.

      Teresa Fusco <tcfusco@...> wrote:
      Do you have any approximate dates? Birth, marriage, death. I will gladly
      email you what I find.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 25, 2005
        If you order them from LDS, asked them to permanently keep them at your
        family history center. I have 4 films and it costs only $2.00 per film more.

        Greg

      • Teresa Fusco
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 12, 2005
          Hi Marie,

          I started going through the microfilm. I was surprised to find very
          few Fusco's, but there are many, MANY Saccoccio's. The births go up
          to 1865, so I will search for Angelo Soccoccio with a Ruggeri/io for
          mother. There are many Ruggeri's also. I've tried taking pictures
          but they only come out good on one machine. And that one machine is
          the only one that prints so it is a favorite at the center. The
          picture came out decent but a bit blurry. I need to play with it
          more. There are just SO many records on one roll. It will take a
          while to go through it all. Joe tried to warn me, didn't you Joe!
          But it is facincating to see these records that are over 100 years
          old. I've done well with learning to read the Italian. The
          handwriting at the time was very different. If I had not studied up
          a bit I never would have found Fusco. The s was written sort or like
          a j. Very different.

          Oh, and Joe, I guess you will get this too, I found Francesco
          Saverio Fusco's birth record. He was born December 6, 1853, and was
          baptised on the 7th. He married May 17, 1885. I found some siblings
          also. I don't have my papers here right now. I'll send you the info
          later.

          Take care everyone,
          Teresa

          --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, marie saccoccio <saccocciom@y...>

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 12, 2005
            Glad to see you found my family names. What is the source of the microfilm?? Marie Saccoccio

            Teresa Fusco <tcfusco@...> wrote:Hi Marie,

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 12, 2005
              Oh you are on the Mormon Database? Great!!

              marie saccoccio <saccocciom@...> wrote:Glad to see you found my family names. What is the source of the microfilm?? Marie Saccoccio

              wrote:

              > I think Guiseppe would have been DOB around 1883; his father and
              brother I believe were both Angelo; so brother was around same DOB
              and father around 1860 but this is a real approximation; Francesca
              Saccoccio would be around 1860 for date of birth also. Further as
              far as I know Francesca and Angelo, my great grandparents died
              around 1904, simultaneously, in a carriage accident. that is all I
              have there as grandfather married my grandmother here in Boston and
              grandmother was from Terracina, not Itri. I do know that Ruggieri
              or Ruggierio may have been grandfather's mother's family name and
              grandfather had those relatives here in Rhode Island. I just have
              never been able to track the name Saccoccio in Itri though when I
              was in Terracina many people told me that Saccoccio is a well known
              name there and that family is in the oil business ( oil, as in
              olive, not fuel).

              > Angelo and Francesca had only two children - my grandfather,
              Guiseppe and Angelo. Angelo never emigrated to this country so he
              would have died presumably in Itri, or at least in Italy.

              Italian italy La rocca Family histories Itri Italian Terracina

              Italian italy La rocca Family histories Itri Italian Terracina

            • Joe
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 13, 2005
                Teresa,
                The key to copying the records with a digital camera is use NO flash and Hold the camera very steady, hold your breathe and slowly squeeze the button--don't come down hard on it, and finally-very important--hold down the shutter button a second more after you depress it. Most digital cameras have a shutter lag, meaning the shutter doesn't operate immediately (like a film camera): you press, the shutter waits a split second and then opens and closes and your picture is taken.
                You can retake them until you get it right.Believe me the digital camera is easier than the copy machine if you going to put these copies in your family tree on the computer and you have to as proof and support of the data you are entering.

                By the way my new and preferred (for you) email address is zicepo@.... I don't give this out to many people.

                Another thing; mark down the page number and the year of the document. This way if you have to go back to one it is much easier to find. Also, If you come across a difficult word ask me. An old timer told me the meaning a quite a few of them that you don't find in the dictionary.
                Good Luck

                wrote:

                > I think Guiseppe would have been DOB around 1883; his father and
                brother I believe were both Angelo; so brother was around same DOB
                and father around 1860 but this is a real approximation; Francesca
                Saccoccio would be around 1860 for date of birth also. Further as
                far as I know Francesca and Angelo, my great grandparents died
                around 1904, simultaneously, in a carriage accident. that is all I
                have there as grandfather married my grandmother here in Boston and
                grandmother was from Terracina, not Itri. I do know that Ruggieri
                or Ruggierio may have been grandfather's mother's family name and
                grandfather had those relatives here in Rhode Island. I just have
                never been able to track the name Saccoccio in Itri though when I
                was in Terracina many people told me that Saccoccio is a well known
                name there and that family is in the oil business ( oil, as in
                olive, not fuel).

                > Angelo and Francesca had only two children - my grandfather,
                Guiseppe and Angelo. Angelo never emigrated to this country so he
                would have died presumably in Itri, or at least in Italy.

                Itri Italian Terracina