FHC microfilm

  • Teresa Fusco
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 25, 2005
      I have started ordering the microfilms of Itri from the Family History
      Center neaar my home. I have ordered 4, there are a total of 26. Is
      there anyone who would like me to keep an eye out for a particular
      name? I can't promise anything, but I am willing to try. Most of you
      probably already went through them. I have never made the time yet.
      Let me know. They have not come in yet. I will start with the most
      current dates and work back in time. I will have the rolls for 6 weeks
      at a time.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 25, 2005
        OK, corrected spelling!! the family name is Saccoccio and use fuzzy spelling if possible. Also, given names should be Guiseppi, Angelo, and Francesca that I know of. Grandfather was Guiseppi and I have seen that spelled differently also. Also the surname Rugierri or Ruggierrio and also fuzzy spelling if possible.

        Thanks for your time and generosity,

        Marie Elena Saccoccio

        marie saccoccio <saccocciom@...> wrote:
        Yes, if you could. The family nale is Saccoccio, and use a fuzzy spelling if possible as I have seen it spelt differently and first names would be Angelo, Guiseppi, Fancesca, that I know of. My grandfather was Guiseppi and I have enve spotted different spellings for that. Also the surname Rugierri or Ruggierio.

        Thanks you your time and generous offer.

        Marie Elena Saccoccio

        Teresa Fusco <tcfusco@...> wrote:
        I have started ordering the microfilms of Itri from the Family History
        Center neaar my home. I have ordered 4, there are a total of 26. Is
        there anyone who would like me to keep an eye out for a particular
        name? I can't promise anything, but I am willing to try. Most of you
        probably already went through them. I have never made the time yet.
        Let me know. They have not come in yet. I will start with the most
        current dates and work back in time. I will have the rolls for 6 weeks
        at a time.

        Italian italy La rocca Family histories Itri Italian Terracina

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 25, 2005
          Do you have any approximate dates? Birth, marriage, death. I will gladly
          email you what I find.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 25, 2005
            I think Guiseppe would have been DOB around 1883; his father and brother I believe were both Angelo; so brother was around same DOB and father around 1860 but this is a real approximation; Francesca Saccoccio would be around 1860 for date of birth also. Further as far as I know Francesca and Angelo, my great grandparents died around 1904, simultaneously, in a carriage accident. that is all I have there as grandfather married my grandmother here in Boston and grandmother was from Terracina, not Itri. I do know that Ruggieri or Ruggierio may have been grandfather's mother's family name and grandfather had those relatives here in Rhode Island. I just have never been able to track the name Saccoccio in Itri though when I was in Terracina many people told me that Saccoccio is a well known name there and that family is in the oil business ( oil, as in olive, not fuel).

            Angelo and Francesca had only two children - my grandfather, Guiseppe and Angelo. Angelo never emigrated to this country so he would have died presumably in Itri, or at least in Italy.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 25, 2005
              If you order them from LDS, asked them to permanently keep them at your
              family history center. I have 4 films and it costs only $2.00 per film more.

              Greg

            • Teresa Fusco
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 12 11:26 AM
                Hi Marie,

                I started going through the microfilm. I was surprised to find very
                few Fusco's, but there are many, MANY Saccoccio's. The births go up
                to 1865, so I will search for Angelo Soccoccio with a Ruggeri/io for
                mother. There are many Ruggeri's also. I've tried taking pictures
                but they only come out good on one machine. And that one machine is
                the only one that prints so it is a favorite at the center. The
                picture came out decent but a bit blurry. I need to play with it
                more. There are just SO many records on one roll. It will take a
                while to go through it all. Joe tried to warn me, didn't you Joe!
                But it is facincating to see these records that are over 100 years
                old. I've done well with learning to read the Italian. The
                handwriting at the time was very different. If I had not studied up
                a bit I never would have found Fusco. The s was written sort or like
                a j. Very different.

                Oh, and Joe, I guess you will get this too, I found Francesco
                Saverio Fusco's birth record. He was born December 6, 1853, and was
                baptised on the 7th. He married May 17, 1885. I found some siblings
                also. I don't have my papers here right now. I'll send you the info
                later.

                Take care everyone,
                Teresa

                --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, marie saccoccio <saccocciom@y...>

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 12 2:44 PM
                  Glad to see you found my family names. What is the source of the microfilm?? Marie Saccoccio

                  Teresa Fusco <tcfusco@...> wrote:Hi Marie,

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 12 2:50 PM
                    Oh you are on the Mormon Database? Great!!

                    marie saccoccio <saccocciom@...> wrote:Glad to see you found my family names. What is the source of the microfilm?? Marie Saccoccio

                    wrote:

                    > I think Guiseppe would have been DOB around 1883; his father and
                    brother I believe were both Angelo; so brother was around same DOB
                    and father around 1860 but this is a real approximation; Francesca
                    Saccoccio would be around 1860 for date of birth also. Further as
                    far as I know Francesca and Angelo, my great grandparents died
                    around 1904, simultaneously, in a carriage accident. that is all I
                    have there as grandfather married my grandmother here in Boston and
                    grandmother was from Terracina, not Itri. I do know that Ruggieri
                    or Ruggierio may have been grandfather's mother's family name and
                    grandfather had those relatives here in Rhode Island. I just have
                    never been able to track the name Saccoccio in Itri though when I
                    was in Terracina many people told me that Saccoccio is a well known
                    name there and that family is in the oil business ( oil, as in
                    olive, not fuel).

                    > Angelo and Francesca had only two children - my grandfather,
                    Guiseppe and Angelo. Angelo never emigrated to this country so he
                    would have died presumably in Itri, or at least in Italy.

                    Italian italy La rocca Family histories Itri Italian Terracina

                    Italian italy La rocca Family histories Itri Italian Terracina

                  • Joe
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 13 6:39 AM
                      Teresa,
                      The key to copying the records with a digital camera is use NO flash and Hold the camera very steady, hold your breathe and slowly squeeze the button--don't come down hard on it, and finally-very important--hold down the shutter button a second more after you depress it. Most digital cameras have a shutter lag, meaning the shutter doesn't operate immediately (like a film camera): you press, the shutter waits a split second and then opens and closes and your picture is taken.
                      You can retake them until you get it right.Believe me the digital camera is easier than the copy machine if you going to put these copies in your family tree on the computer and you have to as proof and support of the data you are entering.

                      By the way my new and preferred (for you) email address is zicepo@.... I don't give this out to many people.

                      Another thing; mark down the page number and the year of the document. This way if you have to go back to one it is much easier to find. Also, If you come across a difficult word ask me. An old timer told me the meaning a quite a few of them that you don't find in the dictionary.
                      Good Luck

                      wrote:

                      > I think Guiseppe would have been DOB around 1883; his father and
                      brother I believe were both Angelo; so brother was around same DOB
                      and father around 1860 but this is a real approximation; Francesca
                      Saccoccio would be around 1860 for date of birth also. Further as
                      far as I know Francesca and Angelo, my great grandparents died
                      around 1904, simultaneously, in a carriage accident. that is all I
                      have there as grandfather married my grandmother here in Boston and
                      grandmother was from Terracina, not Itri. I do know that Ruggieri
                      or Ruggierio may have been grandfather's mother's family name and
                      grandfather had those relatives here in Rhode Island. I just have
                      never been able to track the name Saccoccio in Itri though when I
                      was in Terracina many people told me that Saccoccio is a well known
                      name there and that family is in the oil business ( oil, as in
                      olive, not fuel).

                      > Angelo and Francesca had only two children - my grandfather,
                      Guiseppe and Angelo. Angelo never emigrated to this country so he
                      would have died presumably in Itri, or at least in Italy.

                      Itri Italian Terracina