69Re: [FraDiavolo] Percoco, Masci, DelBono in Terracina

    Apr 6, 2005
      Hey, my maternal grandmother was a Sodi, but her mother was a Masci, and, yes, she was from Terracina! Her name was Amalia Sodi! I am not sure which year she arrived here but probably around 1905 and my aunt tells me she arrived in Boston, not New York.

      She married my grandfather Guiseppe Saccoccio from Itri.

      I have much trouble tracing both, even in the federal census, since the surnames are mispelled many times. In fact, when translated from the handwritten passenger lists, I recognize some of her siblings and relatives listed as "Lodi," not "Sodi." The "S" was beautifully written but very ornate and could have easily been transcribed as "L."

      Perhaps we are related on the Masci side. I believe her first cousin was a Masci and married a Vellucci, here, in Cambridge.

      I bet we are related. In fact, I have been to Terracina and remember taking a photo in front of a fish store called Percoco's!! We took the photo because there are Percoco's here in Cambridge.

      I bet we are related.

      Marie Elena Saccoccio

      sailpamc <sailpamc@...> wrote:

      I am researching Percoco, Masci and DelBono from Terracina. My
      grandmother Emilia Masci (mother's maiden name Maria DelBono, Father
      Silviano) and grandfather Ubaldo Percoco (mother Esther Masci, father
      Archangelo) came to the US via Ellis Island in 1920 on the Rochambeau
      from Le Havre France. They settled in Massachusetts. If anyone has
      any info I would appreciate it.
      Thanks, Pam Costa

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Make Yahoo! your home page