562Re: [FraDiavolo] new to this site

  • Sandra L. Mullen
    Nov 5, 2011
      Try MOCAVO.COM  there are alot of people from the GAETA area

      From: J Soscia <jsoscia3@...>
      To: "FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com" <FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2011 7:39 PM
      Subject: Re: [FraDiavolo] new to this site

      I think we all recognize those last names  :-)

      You should seriously go to the local LDS center (mormon church).   If you know your great great grandparents, the LDS will probably have their birth records on microfilm (probably before 1865) and you can go backwards to 1809 from there.  You can also check their website familysearch.org, but you will get more info thru the microfilms.  You could call the Itri town hall if you speak good Italian.  They have the records there too, going back to about 1809.  They also have the records after the 1860s.  The LDS only has from about 1809 to about 1865.  It would be easier I think to just order microfilm from the Mormon church and go through it yourself.  The Itri records are way down in the basement in that town hall and stacked every which way all dusty and some falling apart.  If I had the money I'd take a trip back there again just to clean and organize everything down there for them.