468RE: [FraDiavolo] car rental question?

  • annette ciccone
    May 12, 2009
      I just returned from Itri and this was our itinerary...

          Train from Fiumincino to Termini  E10.00
          Train from Termini to Formia       E11.00

          Hertz Rental - Panda 4dr.  for 48 hours ....quoted price of E137.00 with a discount using Delta...they will take AAA (make your reservation with Hertz International before you leave the US...using the 1-800 phone number.
          After we returned home and I checked my bank acc't...we were overcharged approx. $40.00 - but I am checking on that.

         Hertz is located at the Formia Treno Stazione....there is a cafe - for your wait.
        If you call Hertz...check on renting from Fiumincino and the cost.  I think you would get a better rate based on a "7 day rental" or a 14 day....  I don't know how long you are staying....but the drive from the  Airport to Itri is quite pleasant.
         Are you staying with family....?  if not...IL GROTTONE Restaurant and Hotel is very clean, friendly and accommodating...also...tell them Frank Ciccone referred you.  They're my cousin.

      Buon viaggio...how can you not?

      To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com
      From: jsoscia3@...
      Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 18:20:07 -0700
      Subject: [FraDiavolo] car rental question?

      I am going to Itri soon.  Does anyone know the best place to rent a car?  Should I rent one at Fiumicino and drive it down to Itri?  Or is easier to get it at Formia so I can drop it off there when I leave and then just take the train back up to the airport.  I think I would rather do that, and if so, where in Formia (is there a place near Formia station?) should I go to rent it?
      -Jason

      HotmailĀ® goes with you. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic