441Re: [FraDiavolo] 100% Itrani -- Saccoccio Question for Marie

    Dec 30, 2008
      Merry Christmas All from Blustery RI !

      Missed out on a White Christmas thanks to warm temps & rain Christmas Eve but awoke to a dusting of snow & strong winds today.  *BRRRRR*

      Marie, I've been working on my family tree some over the Christmas break and noticed that I have some modern day  SACCOCCIO's married into my CELLEMME branch.

      Do you have ....

      Luigi Saccoccia b. 20 Mar 1884 Itri & wife  Domenica Uneglia* b. abt. 1883
          Their children - all born Cranston:
           Philomeme "Fannie"  Riccitelli  b. abt.1914, living Cranston 2001
           Louise Cellemme b. abt. 1926 living Orange Park, FL 2001
           Frances Silva b. 25 Mar 1919 d. 23 Apr 2001Cranston (William J. Silva)
           Beatrice Saccoccia b. 18 Jul 1914 d. Apr 1980 RI
           Evelyn b. abt. 1914 d. ?
           Ralph b. 20 Apr 1916 d. 17 Sept 1985 North Providence
           Antonio b. 11 May 1908 d. Nov 1976 RI
           Benny b. abt. 1911 d. bef. Sept. 1995
           Pat b. ?  d. bef. Sept. 1995

      *A Cellemme tree at Ancestry says - Mary D. O'nie for Luigi's wife but daughter Frances Silva's obit says Domenica.  I haven't gotten into the censuses & other records yet to see what lady is paired with Luigi.  I've tried to contact the tree owner regarding Mary through the Ancestry system but so far no reply.  I sometimes wonder if the system works since I've contacted tree owners clearly stating that their tree tied into mine & I'd like to share information but never get replies.

      Luigi & Domenica's daughter Louise is who married into my CELLEMMEs.  She married Raymond Eugene Cellemme who was a son of my father's older sister Carolina aka Clara CELLEMME nee FORNARO & her husband Ottavio CELLEMME.

      Obviously, Raymond's mother was my aunt, he is/was a first cousin but it's a big family; Raymond was born in 1921 abt. 9 months after my mother was born and 30 years before me.  Needless to say, given the ages of some of my first cousins, I grew-up a somewhat confused child on account of having people the same ages or a bit older than my parents referring to them as "uncle" & "aunt".

      Do you have my CELLEMME's in a branch?

      Linda

      From: ptgreco <ptgreco@yahoo. com>
      Subject: [FraDiavolo] 100% Itrani
      To: FraDiavolo@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Monday, December 29, 2008, 2:26 AM

      Just came across your group by accident. Both my paternal and maternal
      ancestors are from Itri. Some family names are Ialongo, Mancini,
      Tatta and I believe Sinapi. My maternal grandparents settled in New
      York City in 1904, although we did have an Anthony Mancini living in
      Rhode Island, Providence or Cranston.

      I visited Itri 3 years ago and couldn't believe the growth in the past
      25 years, not to mention my first impressions from 50 years ago. I
      have lots of fond memories.

      I would love to do some family research.

      Paula

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic