351in Italian army

  • Judy Tuccinardi
    Jul 3 10:18 AM
      Hi- I thought I'd ask this group what records there are with info regarding the Italian army. My husband's great grandfather, Carlo Notturno, was supposedly in the Italian army. Here is a snippet of what I have: " Notturno was the name of the 'adoptive' (foster) parents in Italy.  However he was born in Germany to German biological parents.  Carlo was not formally adopted, just lived with foster parents.  He was in an orphanage as a child.  When he became of age, he joined the Italian army.  He was a barber by trade in business for himself.  Carlo came to America with one child in l882 and became a citizen in l894."
      He was born in 1855. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Judy