319Re: [FraDiavolo] Itri - Marseilles Connection?

    Jun 28, 2007
      I also saw this in my research.  I assumed it had to do with it being easier to get a boat from Marseille to NY, than Naples to NY.  Far fewer people were sailing from Marseille.

      rickj100001 <rickj100001@...> wrote:
      I read in another thread where someone had questions as to why one of
      his female ancestors left Itri for Marseilles, France, while the
      female ancestor's husband remained behind in Itri. Apparently, this
      occurred in at least a few Itri families.

      This same phenomemon occurred in the Iacueo family when my great
      grandmother and her children left Itri for Marseilles in the late
      1800s/early 1900s. They eventually immigrated to the USA from
      Marseilles to New York in 1908.

      Does anyone have any information regarding the reason all of these
      families moved from Itri to Marseilles? It's a great mystery to me.

      Rick

      Marie Elena Saccoccio

      Need Mail bonding?