318RE: [FraDiavolo] Itri - Marseilles Connection?

    Jun 28, 2007

      I am not sure, but my cousin Greg Pezza may want to try to answer this one.  Our grandmother, Euleria (Ciccone) Pezza had a sister that moved to Marseilles, France from Itri and I believe lived there until she died. I will try asking my mother.

      FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of rickj100001
      Thursday, June 28, 2007 8:29 PM
      Subject: [FraDiavolo] Itri -
      Marseilles Connection?

      I read in another thread where someone had questions as to why one of
      his female ancestors left Itri for Marseilles, France, while the
      female ancestor's husband remained behind in Itri. Apparently, this
      occurred in at least a few Itri families.

      This same phenomemon occurred in the Iacueo family when my great
      grandmother and her children left Itri for Marseilles in the late
      1800s/early 1900s. They eventually immigrated to the USA from
      Marseilles to New York in 1908.

      Does anyone have any information regarding the reason all of these
      families moved from Itri to Marseilles? It's a great mystery to me.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic