289Western Europe Vital Records Index

    Apr 5, 2007
      I just received a purchase of this from LDS - it encompasses years late
      1500's to 1905 -- the records for Italy are by no means compelte - only
      one disc is from Italy - other countries are Alpine, Beneluz, French,
      German and Spanish Regions - the miulti disc set cost $27 including
      postage - it came lots faster than the suggested 4-6 weeks (took one
      week) -- all that said -- this is remarkable! Even with so much missing
      from the Italian records, I found plenty from our area! And it was
      fabulous!!! I was able to document positively folks I was not sure
      belonged to us via cross referencing names of couples, their parents,
      and wedding dates versus birth dates! Anyway I now have 511 folks I
      know for positive are related - just those on the Italian connection -
      back to 1774! Add these to the newly ordered set we are all planning on
      and I should be able to cement a few more generations!
      I have been working on organization and cross referencing to keep
      everyone sorted. So far color coding helps to divide out main line from
      inlaws - but then I found that writing out the 6 generation pedigree
      charts with family group sheets for every couple filled in completely
      with all information known helps to find some connections.
      Interestingly I have found many of the originals we had saved from our
      late parent's collections of originals had names spelled wrong or names
      dropped off -- and even a couple first names totally wrong (fortunately
      none were surnames - just given or that is first names)! And in our
      family they adhered to the rule of naming son for grandfather so every
      other generation shares the same first name for about 5 generations!
      Sigh!
      Bonnie
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic