      To: FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com
      From: vince_sandrone@...
      Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 12:32:02 +1000
      Subject: [FraDiavolo] Re:Catasto Itri 1806

      Jason
      Definitely count me in. The earlier Catasto was
      excellent and the 1809 one would provide a good link
      back from the FHC microfilm that start about that
      time.

      Though photocopies are better than transcription. I
      suspect that the earlier transcription had mistakes in
      it and it frustrating to not be able to check the
      original.

      Combined the members of this group probably have the
      best knowledge of genealogical records for Itri than
      anyone else. I suggest that we make digital copies (I
      could scan them) and ask people to transcribe a number
      of pages - then get others to check the
      transcriptions. That way we could produce an accurate
      transcription for every-one - it does not make sense
      for each of us to transcribe them independently.

      Vince Sandrone

      Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger .yahoo.com

      Live Search Maps – find all the local information you need, right when you need it. Find it!
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic