264Re: Just joined the group!

  • louissaccoccio
    Mar 2, 2007
      His real name was also Louis Saccoccio and we used to get mixied up
      with each other. His nickname was "Jacksie" and he was a firefighter
      for the City of Cranston for a while. His brothers were Carl
      Saccoccio and I believe Alex Saccoccio who I remember by his
      nickname "Alie" or "Alie-Upe>" He also had a sister named Carol
      Saccoccio.

      --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, marie saccoccio <saccocciom@...>
      wrote:

      > The names Frank and Tony are familiar. There was also someone
      named "Jackson" Saccoccio that my sister and I stayed with, I think
      in Providence. I think his daughter was Stephanie and wife, Josie.
      I do think we are related. My grandfather had many first cousins in
      Providence and Cranston.

      > louissaccoccio <louissaccoccio@...> wrote: We could be. My
      grandfather was Michele Arcangelo Saccoccio and my
      > grandmother Arcangela Stamegna which is also a popular name in
      Itri.
      > They were both born in Itri, married in 1911 and immigrated to
      > Cranston (Knightsville) Rhode Island in 1912. They had 10 children
      > Philip, Romulas aka Remus, Frank, Anthony, Mary, Louis, Adeline,
      > Pasquale, Salvatore and John. My father was Louis and my uncle John
      > is the only living survivor of the group. My cousin developed a
      > family tree with the help of my father's cousin Benedetto Saccoccio
      > who is now in his 80's but has returned to Itri many times. I would
      > be happy to share it with anyone.
      >
      > I met a young man on-line named Rubino Saccoccio who lives in Lucca
      > which is in Tuscany near Pisa but his parents still live in Itri. I
      > shared the family tree with him and he recently wrote to me saying
      > his mother and uncle have recognized some of the names. We are
      > trying to determine if we are related. My wife and I were their
      > guests for dinner when we were there. Homemade Sunday dinner at the
      > Saccoccio's was great.
      >
      > One last note. You can drive around the Castle but inside the
      Castle
      > there are lanes or alleys which are too narrow to be called steets.
      > One is Vico Saccoccio which means Saccoccio lane or alley.
      >
      > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "marie elena saccoccio"
      > <saccocciom@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Louis,
      > >
      > > We must be related! I am Marie Elena Saccoccio from Cambridge,
      > MA. My
      > > grandfather was Guiseppi Saccoccio, born in Itri, and settled in
      > > Cambridge. I think he only had one brother who remained in Italy.
      > > However, he had many cousins in Rhode Island. My father was Dan
      > > Saccoccio. He died years ago but knew all the Rhode Island
      > cousins.
      > >
      > > --- In FraDiavolo@yahoogroups.com, "louissaccoccio"
      > > <louissaccoccio@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I am just joining this group. My wife and I visted Itri for St
      > > > Joseph's day last year. It was wonderful. For those who have
      > not
      > > > been, this is a big celebration with huge barn fires in every
      > piaza,
      > > > along with live music and different food. We stayed at the Il
      > > Grottone
      > > > hotel and restaurant and can recommend it to anyone who has not
      > been
      > > > there yet. This was our second visit to Itri. We also traveled
      > > the
      > > > surrounding areas including Formia, Gaeta & Sperlonga which is
      > > > beautiful seaside resort area.

      > Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic