151Itri Baptism Records before 1800

  • jsoscia3
    Jan 14, 2006
      Hello everyone,

      I remember looking through old baptism records in Itri when I went
      there in 2002. Don Mario Mancini allowed me to research them and they
      were in a building across from the church of San Michele Arcangelo.
      But, I didn't have enough time to copy much down as I had to leave the
      next day.

      I was thinking that these records would be great to have for our
      family research. I tried emailing a couple of people in Itri to
      digitally photograph each page of the oldest book, which starts around
      1763 and ends around 1790 give or take a few years. However, I never
      really got anywhere with it. The book doesn't have many pages in it,
      maybe 100 or so.

      So, my question to the FraDiavolo group is does anyone know anyone in
      Itri that could take digital photos of that book? Because, it would
      allow us to go back about 40 years earlier than the LDS records.

      Just wanted everyone to know that there is more material out there
      regarding old Itri records for our family trees.

      Ciao,