Rites of Spring | Fundraiser Prep

  • Yamamura Kitsune
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2013
      Konbanwa!

      Yes, I am alive and did not run away with the circus. In fact I will be returning to the arctic within the week.

      Saturday is Rites of Spring. Foxvale will have both the Coffee House and Charity Chest set-up during the day with the Merchants. I have been out of the loop for a while, so I wanted to find out where we stand on supplies, donated items, etc.

      >>>Volunteers<<<
      Booth will be open from 9AM-4PM. Site opens at 7AM to Merchants. I plan to arrive at 8:30AM at the latest and will be available to work the booth(s) for the duration of the day. Who else plans to be available and when? I assume many of us have other obligations throughout the day. If we have a minimum of two people at the booth, at all times, we'll be fine.

      >>>Coffee House Supplies<<<
      Before I go and purchase supplies, are there any supplies already floating out there? Also if anyone is willing to donate supplies or edibles, let me know what and how many. Below is a list of supplies that will be needed. If you have any of these items, let me know.

      2 Large Electric Percolator Coffee Makers (One for coffee, one for hot water)
      Ground Coffee
      Teas (individual serving size tea bags)
      Fruits to Sell(Apples, Bananas, Oranges, etc)
      Edibles to Sell (Cookies, Pastries, Healthy Alternatives, Etc.)
      Small Disposable Plates
      Disposable Coffee Cups
      Coffee Stirs
      Napkins

      >>>Donations for "Charity Chest"<<<
      Many of you have already given me items to sell, but as a reminder…If you have anything SCA-related that you wish to get rid of, let us sell it in the fundraiser. Please mark the items someway with a price, so we have an idea of where to start haggling. If you're coming to the event, please bring them with you and drop them off at the booth. If you are unable to make it, Hillary has agreed to get them to the event. That also goes for any Coffee House supplies.

      I won't be back for Tuesday's A&S, so I will see you all on Saturday.

      Oyasuminasai!
      Yamamura Kitsune
    • Lynn M
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
        I will be more then happy to bring napkins (MacDonald's), A table cloth, some herbal teas, some hot chocolate packets or cider packets. I would like to bake something, but want your input on it. Pomegranate shortbread perhaps? Is Jason bringing the travelling wardrobe rack? Do we need the travelling wardrobe rack? I have some flatware that would be good for beginning feast gear I intend to bring. Should I bringing anything else that you can think of?

        Lynn/Elaine

        On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM, Yamamura Kitsune <yamamura.kitsune@...> wrote:

        Konbanwa!

        Yes, I am alive and did not run away with the circus. In fact I will be returning to the arctic within the week.

        Saturday is Rites of Spring. Foxvale will have both the Coffee House and Charity Chest set-up during the day with the Merchants. I have been out of the loop for a while, so I wanted to find out where we stand on supplies, donated items, etc.

        >>>Volunteers<<<
        Booth will be open from 9AM-4PM. Site opens at 7AM to Merchants. I plan to arrive at 8:30AM at the latest and will be available to work the booth(s) for the duration of the day. Who else plans to be available and when? I assume many of us have other obligations throughout the day. If we have a minimum of two people at the booth, at all times, we'll be fine.

        >>>Coffee House Supplies<<<
        Before I go and purchase supplies, are there any supplies already floating out there? Also if anyone is willing to donate supplies or edibles, let me know what and how many. Below is a list of supplies that will be needed. If you have any of these items, let me know.

        2 Large Electric Percolator Coffee Makers (One for coffee, one for hot water)
        Ground Coffee
        Teas (individual serving size tea bags)
        Fruits to Sell(Apples, Bananas, Oranges, etc)
        Edibles to Sell (Cookies, Pastries, Healthy Alternatives, Etc.)
        Small Disposable Plates
        Disposable Coffee Cups
        Coffee Stirs
        Napkins

        >>>Donations for "Charity Chest"<<<
        Many of you have already given me items to sell, but as a reminder…If you have anything SCA-related that you wish to get rid of, let us sell it in the fundraiser. Please mark the items someway with a price, so we have an idea of where to start haggling. If you're coming to the event, please bring them with you and drop them off at the booth. If you are unable to make it, Hillary has agreed to get them to the event. That also goes for any Coffee House supplies.

        I won't be back for Tuesday's A&S, so I will see you all on Saturday.

        Oyasuminasai!
        Yamamura Kitsune

      • Jeffnaggie
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
          I have the large and smaller coffee pots, so I will bring those.

          Kelli is baking items as well, with a special message from their Highnesses in some.

          I can also bring coffee, some creamer and fruit.

          Ags
          I will be more then happy to bring napkins (MacDonald's), A table cloth, some herbal teas, some hot chocolate packets or cider packets. I would like to bake something, but want your input on it. Pomegranate shortbread perhaps? Is Jason bringing the travelling wardrobe rack? Do we need the travelling wardrobe rack? I have some flatware that would be good for beginning feast gear I intend to bring. Should I bringing anything else that you can think of?

          Lynn/Elaine

          On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM, Yamamura Kitsune <yamamura.kitsune@...> wrote:

          Konbanwa!

          Yes, I am alive and did not run away with the circus. In fact I will be returning to the arctic within the week.

          Saturday is Rites of Spring. Foxvale will have both the Coffee House and Charity Chest set-up during the day with the Merchants. I have been out of the loop for a while, so I wanted to find out where we stand on supplies, donated items, etc.

          >>>Volunteers<<<
          Booth will be open from 9AM-4PM. Site opens at 7AM to Merchants. I plan to arrive at 8:30AM at the latest and will be available to work the booth(s) for the duration of the day. Who else plans to be available and when? I assume many of us have other obligations throughout the day. If we have a minimum of two people at the booth, at all times, we'll be fine.

          >>>Coffee House Supplies<<<
          Before I go and purchase supplies, are there any supplies already floating out there? Also if anyone is willing to donate supplies or edibles, let me know what and how many. Below is a list of supplies that will be needed. If you have any of these items, let me know.

          2 Large Electric Percolator Coffee Makers (One for coffee, one for hot water)
          Ground Coffee
          Teas (individual serving size tea bags)
          Fruits to Sell(Apples, Bananas, Oranges, etc)
          Edibles to Sell (Cookies, Pastries, Healthy Alternatives, Etc.)
          Small Disposable Plates
          Disposable Coffee Cups
          Coffee Stirs
          Napkins

          >>>Donations for "Charity Chest"<<<
          Many of you have already given me items to sell, but as a reminder…If you have anything SCA-related that you wish to get rid of, let us sell it in the fundraiser. Please mark the items someway with a price, so we have an idea of where to start haggling. If you're coming to the event, please bring them with you and drop them off at the booth. If you are unable to make it, Hillary has agreed to get them to the event. That also goes for any Coffee House supplies.

          I won't be back for Tuesday's A&S, so I will see you all on Saturday.

          Oyasuminasai!
          Yamamura Kitsune

        • Kitsune Yamamura
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
            Excellent! I think the Pomegranate Shortbread would be lovely. I enjoyed that at the guild meeting. If possible, please separate them out for individual servings at $1 a piece. The clothing rack is at my place, along with items donated from Gearalt and Alexandra. I also have my own portable rack as a back-up. As for Napkins, Tea, Cocoa, Cider, etc., yes please bring them all.

            --
            Kashiko,
            Yamamura Kitsune

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
                I may....I'll look

                Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

                --
                Kashiko,
                Yamamura Kitsune

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
                    Have fun, everybody!  I will be in LaPorte, IN at the Midwest Regional Winterguard Championships with Dana and the rest of the fabulous BHS guard girls.

                    If you're not going to the event, consider coming out to LaPorte High School and cheering them on!  We're on at 11 am on Saturday, and we won't know our performance time on Sunday until after the prelims on Saturday.

                    (Now if we can just find prop transport and another overnight room mom, we'll be all set...)

                    Moose