Re: [Forsyth_County_ARES] Re: I Got My Ticket!

  • Ronald W. Frazier
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14 10:56 PM
      Dallas (and everyone else),

      Thanks for the encouragement.  Also, thanks to those who talked to me on the radio on my first day on the air.  That was a very interesting experience.  Hopefully, it won't take me too long to learn the ropes.

      From your copy of my message, it looks like Yahoo may be scrambling or hiding my email address.  Just in case, here it is in computer proof form.  ki4kyj AT c3energy DOT com

      73.  Ron

      At 7/15/2005 02:36 AM +0000, you wrote:
      Congratulations Ron!  I'll look forward to catching you on the air! I
      like your call sign, but it'll be a mouthfull on CW! Dallas (KI4FUF)

      --- In Forsyth_County_ARES@yahoogroups.com, "Ronald W. Frazier"
      <c3mlistforward@c...> wrote:

      > Hello all,
      >
      > I'm now official!  I passed the tech test a couple of weeks ago but
      it's
      > now official.  My new call sign is KI4KYJ (that's kilo india ...).
      I may
      > apply for a vanity call sign.  If you need to email me, you can
      reach me at
      > ki4kyj@c... until ARRL gets my email alias working.  (Owning your
      > own domain name has its advantages - like making up email
      addresses.)  I
      > got on the Jasper repeater and talked to a couple of guys tonight,
      so it
      > looks like my HT and J-Pole attic antenna are working.  Looking
      forward to
      > finally participating on the air with you all.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      >
      > Ron

      Ronald W. Frazier
      KI4KYJ - Cumming, GA
      ki4kyj@...
      Yaesu VX-5 HT, J-Pole 2M / 440 Attic Antenna