HELP WITH CAN FOOD DRIVE

  • Mal Holcomb
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2012
      Hi my name is Tom and I help with the young people at The Salvation Army Kroc Center. The kids have been collecting non parish ables for The Salvation Army food bank. They have collected over 200 now. There is a goal of 750. If they reach there goal then there are some exciting things that they will get to see happen. First if they can get 300 Dan one of our volunteers will let on child spray color his hair. At 400 I have agreed to do the same. At 500 Our Officer Lt. Jared will let one of the teens shave his head. and at 750 one of the church members has agreed to let his head get shaved. Plus his company will match what we get, so 750 becomes 1500. That is awesome. But we are short of our goal and this next Wednesday is the last day of troops for our kids. I would like to see us reach that goal. But we are in need of some help. I can arrange pick up or items can be take to the Kroc Center at 1865 Bill Frey Drive NE Salem Or 97301. Please if taking donations in you can leave them in the fellowship room which is right across from the chapel. Or taking them to the front desk and letting them know they are for the Congregational life youth can food drive. If items need to be picked up my number is 503-798-4814. You can leave me a message and I will get back to you. Another way to donate would be go to Day-Night Donuts in Salem and for every 2 can you will receive a free donut. I want to thank every one who reads this and is willing to help the youth to help make a difference in the lives of those who may be in need this Christmas season and in the year to come. God Bless